Game Grumps

pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i've never started a topic here so i apologize if this is an awful first topic post thingy.

i've recently started watching game grumps again and getting back into them and i was wondering if anyone else here liked them? if so, which series have you seen? do you prefer danny or jon? i really like danny, but it's only because i've seen more videos with danny than jon in game grumps. i've seen a bunch of their series like mario kart 8 deluxe, i'm watching breath of the wild right now and i've seen a bunch of their other videos but i can't remember what series.

i like them a lot though and they're very funny. if you don't like them, why? i'm sorry if this topic is a bad first post for the topic
:transheart:
The_Blonde
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Ahhhhh I love Game Grumps - they're like my go-to watch when I'm cooking dinner, I love how they talk about absolutely anything and everything, and any time they play a really awful game (I have a whole playlist of videos by them that just make me happy when I'm sad. The entire Sonic Boom ep with Arin trying to catch Froggy is up there.)

I never watched any videos with Jon, and based on recent comments by him I'm glad about that. I freaking love Dan and have a ridiculous schoolgirl crush on him and his hiccupy laugh so I'm biased anyway though :D
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

ah yeah! i'm watching their breath of the wild playthrough (and it has like over 60 videos and they're still uploading) and it's hilarious. i'm only on part 12 so i have a long ways to go, but i love watching their videos. they tend to put me in a good mood whenever i need a pick-me-up. yknow? :D
manged
lady door

They're hilarious to me (in that typical dorky white dude humor sort of way) but I only ever watch series for the games I find interesting, which is a shame because I'm sure they can make any game entertaining just off their commentary.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

First a jacksepticeye thread then Game Grumps? Wooooo!

I found them through Jack and Markiplier, was weirded out at first with the no face cam as that was what I was used to, then grew used to it and have now watched and listened to many playlists of them while working. They're awesome. Only watched from the 'Danny Era' - have not watched any with Jon in. Arin and Dan are a good pairing imo. They make me laugh so much.

Some recs in case anyone's curious/wants to watch and doesn't know where to start! :D

Sonic and the Black Knight - Oh man. Just, watch. It's full of so much rage, I laughed uncontrollably throughout. Arin is super funny.

Sonic Boom - Absolutely 100% broken game, in which Arin cheats at but it's pretty necessary. Also, frustrating and amazing.

Super Mario Maker - 130 ish epsiodes of just pure joy. I honestly really enjoyed it, they seemed to aswell (apart from...many times...in which Arin makes...many noises) Honestly Arin's rage reactions to some levels had me crying. Dan's too.

Dark Souls 3/Bloodbourne - Kind of similar games, Dark Souls is a little shorter at around 90 episodes, really beautiful games and the commentary is interesting and is a fun adventure.

Katamari Forever - Weird and wonderful. Very chill (for the most part)

Breath of the Wild - Already pointed out here but honestly, it's a very pretty game and they seem to enjoy it alot. A lot of commentary that's interesting and covers wide ranges of topics. A pleasure to watch and listen to.

It's an awesome channel. Would also recommend Ross and Barry's playthroughs of Undertale, the pacifist and genocide runs are both great.

They all have amazing humour and are just really nice to watch, there are many other things I could rec but a lot of the channel is just great.

(Just to say, most of the Sonic games they play are just ridiculous and it's so funny to listen to Dan and Arin rage. In a non-weird way )
:biflag: :blackheart:
howarethelads
smol bean

The Endless Ocean playthrough NEVER fails to make me cry laughing.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

aaa thank you, lisachi, for your contributions to the threads like i said ive been getting a lot more variety in youtubers for once c: (slowly slipping over to the jse fandom though... ) but thanks, i will check those out! i started watching their botw playthrough but i couldn't finish it bc i'm not /too/ big on zelda :c i also got a little bit through their sonic boom playthrough but haven't finished it either but yeah

and howarethelads, i'll have to check it out!!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

howarethelads wrote:The Endless Ocean playthrough NEVER fails to make me cry laughing.
Forgot about that one, it's so good.
Skylar wrote:aaa thank you, lisachi, for your contributions to the threads like i said ive been getting a lot more variety in youtubers for once c: (slowly slipping over to the jse fandom though... ) but thanks, i will check those out! i started watching their botw playthrough but i couldn't finish it bc i'm not /too/ big on zelda :c i also got a little bit through their sonic boom playthrough but haven't finished it either but yeah

and howarethelads, i'll have to check it out!!
No worries, I'm more of a jack fan too, although game grumps have got me through a ton of work load and made laugh at the same time. :D
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

(Ugh my browser just crashed and deleted everything I wrote nooooo)

But omg, a Game Grumps thread, yessss. I listened to them like daily podcasts during college, even if I didn't watch the gameplay; I'd watch if I was interested in seeing that specific game, such as BoTW or Katamari or etc. Otherwise I'd just listen while I played Sims or Animal Crossing. I kind of stopped when I discovered a couple months back (just because I only had so much time to spend on YT, y'know?), but now that I'm on break I've been getting back into them. I have so much catching up to do! And I'd forgotten how much I adore Danny. Arin is awesome too, don't get me wrong, but everyone knows Danny is the fan favorite. Avi Avidan on Guest Grumps when

For me, I think a lot of their one-offs are actually my favorites. The Yoshi's Cookie mini-series is an absolute delight, and I go back to it every so often to feel warm and fuzzy. Arin and Ross playing Amazing World makes me cackle uncontrollably every time. For longer series, I definitely watched (not podcast-listened, actually watched) every single episode of the Wind Waker playthrough, and since it's been a while I might actually go back to it. I also loved the Ocarina of Time playthrough, but that was at least 50% due to nostalgia. And who can forget that genuine rage in the last episode of Battle Kid? I go back and watch just that episode by itself if I need a good laugh. And, it was only four episodes, but their playthrough of "Everything" was trippy and amazing (and made me discover who Alan Watts is, which was a fantastic discovery).

Oh! And I definitely second the recommendation of watching the Steam Train Undertale playthroughs, they're fantastic. And Barry is everyone's , trust me.

(I realized after writing all this that the thread hasn't been touched for nearly a month, so I'm sure a lot of this is old news now, but still! That's my two cents.)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

that's okay! thank you for the contribution the more recommendations i get the better lol. i watched all their puyo puyo tetris videos yesterday in the game grumps vs and omg. they're so funny and their humor just bounces off each other in a good way!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

droopy we're still here! Just not as active as the other threads it seems. Still, love that there are people here who love deppy and a massive amount of other things too :D

What do you guys think about the Dream Daddy game? I think it'll be hilarious and really sweet by the looks of things. I really am intrigued to see if they'll play the game on their channel, although if not I understand, it is their game after all and they probably know every thing about it. Would be hilarious though.

I'm nearly through with catching up on Paper Mario, spent the whole day in bed watching it while dosed up on meds because of wisdom teeth pain :( trying to look for more playthroughs, might look through the one-off playlist because they're just amazing. Also finished watching Bloodbourne for the 3rd time... whoops.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

i saw their dream daddy game and i was like... in shock at first, but now i am very excited for it! i really want to play it. i'm curious as to who dan voices. btw speaking of voices, the thing that dan voiced in pinstripe... i found it so attractive omg. and jackaboy voiced a character in there too :3

but yeah! i'm looking forward to the dream daddy game. i do hope they play it on gg, but if not then thats understandable
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

this is related to the game grumps i'd like to think? idk,, if not i apologize but

i downloaded steam yesterday bc there were a lot of games i wanted to play on it eventually but..yeah. and my friend gifted me dream daddy and i'm pretty far in it, and it's so good im livin for the goth dad, and the bad dad tbh

does anyone else here have it?
The_Blonde
living flop

Skylar wrote:this is related to the game grumps i'd like to think? idk,, if not i apologize but

i downloaded steam yesterday bc there were a lot of games i wanted to play on it eventually but..yeah. and my friend gifted me dream daddy and i'm pretty far in it, and it's so good im livin for the goth dad, and the bad dad tbh

does anyone else here have it?
I'm so tempted to get it!!! Is it worth paying for, would you say? (It looks like such a fun game that I'm seriously thinking about it )
mumbled-ramble
first-time poster

(my first post and it’s about dad dating. cool.)

I finished my first playthrough and I absolutely loved every second of it. A very new take on the concept of a dating simulator. The dialogue is amazing, there are lots of little surprises and twists. As a teen, I felt like the dad’s view on things was written very realistically. I’m glad that it wasn’t all just fun and games and the creators really did take the game pretty seriously. But even then, every segment was super fun and enjoyable, so much that I had a tough time choosing the ‘dream daddy’.

And don’t even get me started on the jokes. It took me so long to get through the game because I just couldn’t stop laughing. There is a lot of puns. And references. All very well done, not forced and cringe-worthy like in some of the games made by big companies. It’s clear that the people who made it know the internet’s sense of humour, which, I mean, isn’t a big surprise.

The only downside is that the ending felt kind of anticlimactic and open to me (and maybe a bit cliché) but after all it’s still just a dating sim so.

I do hope that the boys play it, even though the comment section is gonna be… a lot. They’ll relate to so much, seriously. At times, I even questioned if they were involved in the writing process, I couldn’t get through one part without being reminded of them. Although I don’t know if that says more about the game or me.

(there were also two characters named Daniel and Phil, I wonder if they knew each other. give me some backstory ggrumps)

Sorry for the long review and excuse my inability to form a good sentence, my poor English and I are trying our best. Hope it all made sense.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

the_blonde, i do recommend it yes! it's very good. i finished my first playthrough yesterday with the bad dad. very good game and good ending! and there's good replayability.

and mumbled ramble, youre fine! i like your review :D