Wong Fu Productions

RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

They're my go to Youtube channel if I want to really feel emotions deeply. Their videos that are designed to evoke emotions do really hit the spot. I got into them around 2011 and have been a casual fan since then. There was a point that I was super into them that I actively followed all their social media (even Phil's wordpress), knew who their girlfriends were, and basically social-media stalked them. I think I stopped watching when they revealed the others besides Phil, Wes, Ted, and Christine. I think part of the charm was lost because it felt more like a company than just 3 guys making videos about topics that they wanted to. (Tbh, until now I still do not know what Ted did). But of course, people evolve as they age and WongFu did too. And I don't wanna begrudge them their expansion and success, but it made me less invested in them and their channel.

Tonight, I saw them again in my recommendations and decided to watch several of their videos. I watched some of their comedy sketches, which were funny but not lol-funny. What did reel me in and made me fall down the rabbit hole again was watching a video they have called Crossing Point which was so damn good. For me their strength lies in the videos that center around love and relationships, because damn it they do deliver feels. I'm sure that a lot of people have at one point watched Strangers Again and The Last though they might not have known that it was Wong Fu who made them.

Just curious if there are other fans of them here in Deppy land. :platonic:

If anyone's curious, this was the video that made me remember my love for them (especially Philip Wang. He's still the best writer of shorts for me for the entirety of Youtube. He wrote and directed this). Enjoy the feeling of being hit with too much emotions:
Crossing Point
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
helvetica
sofa crease

As a Chinese adoptee in a predominantly white town in a very white family I very much enjoy seeing silly and serious and complex films with Asians of all roles in it. Makes me feel less weird. :))
RRR98
drama llama

Truthfully I only know them through Ryan and Harry Shum Jr. I sometimes feel bad that their videos with Harry now just have comments about Magnus from Shadowhunters.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

helvetica wrote:As a Chinese adoptee in a predominantly white town in a very white family I very much enjoy seeing silly and serious and complex films with Asians of all roles in it. Makes me feel less weird. :))
Awww. :platonic: Hope watching them helps you feel more comfortable. :platonic:
RRR98 wrote:Truthfully I only know them through Ryan and Harry Shum Jr. I sometimes feel bad that their videos with Harry now just have comments about Magnus from Shadowhunters.
Ryan did lead me to them too through Agents of Secret Stuff. It's heartwarming for me that Ryan approached them first because he trusted them as directors and creators.
With regards to the comment section being all about Magnus, I do agree it's annoying but I just hope it'll help them get more exposure.
And it did happen before when The Maze Runner was the biggest thing and Ki Hong Lee became really popular. The comment section became all about him. But it did help boost Wong Fu.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?