Anthony Padilla

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

You know, it actually would have been funny if he'd had Dan make a cameo in this video - Dan, who has made a video in months, giving straight faced advice to Anthony...

I wonder if Dan just doesn't respond to calls anymore? They could have fit him in via video appearance (like Shane Dawson) but maybe he's not into that.
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm You know, it actually would have been funny if he'd had Dan make a cameo in this video - Dan, who has made a video in months, giving straight faced advice to Anthony...

I wonder if Dan just doesn't respond to calls anymore? They could have fit him in via video appearance (like Shane Dawson) but maybe he's not into that.
Lol yeah that would have been funny. He did have Jon Cozart in his initial how-to-be-a-youtuber-video, the guy hadn't made a video in like eight months at that point.

I'm also curious about their relationship at this point, does it stretch further than some twitter interactions? Have Anthony bugged him about more collabs, as collabs are the only videos that will get him views these days? Will he ever understand that he has actively pushed away the audience he had in the beginning? So many questions.
scientia
phabergé

I hadn't followed Smosh for a while when Anthony left, so I didn't fully understand how much Defy played a part in his decision to leave. I definitely had no idea about the things he points out at about 5:10. Really makes me happy that D&P never got involved in a deal like this (unless you count SAP?)!
kavat
pastel persona

I feel so sad for everyone at Smosh, and Cleverly and the other brands owned by Defy. And the fact that they sold it for stock they never saw is even worse. Though if the company is liquidated they should get some of it? Idk the terms or way of business in the USA, but if he owned stock in something of worth then he should get that when the company seizes to exists. I hope.

Philip DeFranco talked about it too:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That's so rough. I feel really bad for Anthony and Ian getting so fucked over, and for everyone that worked for that company and got screwed. I hope they can rehome the channels and personalities to a better environment.

I do appreciate Anthony talking so bluntly about it. I understand a lot better why he left now, and I respect the decision more. I wonder what was different for Ian that he didn't leave? It'd be fascinating to hear him talk about it too, or hear him and Anthony both discuss their experiences.
George
sad dimple

These past few days I've been trying to watch Anthony. It all started when I rewatched Dan, Anthony or a rat and while it's the second laziest video in the history of Phils channel (drawing my viewers challenge anyone), I found it surprisingly enjoyable. After that I ended up rewatching all their other collabs too, and somehow the video Anthony made with Dan to his channel was pure gold (that's not what I thought when I originally watched it, but headspaces change I guess). So after that I casually checked what Anthony's up to these days... and I can't decide what to think of him.

I truly enjoy his new series of interviewing people with weird hobbies/jobs or whatever. It's actually doing pretty good in terms of views. I've come to a conclusion that I do like "serious Anthony" more. He asks interesting questions, and keeps his conclusions short and leaves room for the viewer to make their own mind (I'm not sure it's him who comes up with the questions though, he seems to have a team working for him). But then, when the sketches start... it's all downhill. At first I just thought I don't have sense of humor to find him funny, but reading this thread I realised I'm not alone in this. Clicking his videos is taking a risk every time. His humor is there but it's just... taking too much turns to be enjoyable for me.

I never watched Smosh or know anything about it, so all this is 100% based on his own personal channel.

I feel like this post should have a meaning, but it really doesn't, just my random thoughts about the dude. Have a good day everyone.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
000dia000
emo goose

Uhhh, breaking my non-posting streak on IDB for this. I have many questions... [nsfw]
:cactus:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

what is even happening? how did he get to be dancing in heels? I feel like I need to rewind and start from the beginning because I clearly missed some plot
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I've been watching Anthony (through smosh obvi) since 2009 and when he split off I rooted so hard for him. But he just went in such a weird, nonsensical, queerbait-y direction that I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

But the thing is, I do still have a nostalgic fondness for him. His relationship with Kalel fucked him up really badly which sucks so much, and I can imagine with his apparent split with Miel (she lives in New York now) some stuff could be coming back. So I think that kind of added pressure on top of whatever weird ass shit he keeps deciding to do just...idk throw people off.

I think he's probably a little lost (or a lot lost idk), and I think maybe he's having some kind of gender/sexuality crisis. Yeah straight dudes can dress up like that and whatever, but given his track record idk. I think he's really going through some shit.

And if it turns out he isn't and he's just going to go down that weird queerbait-y and completely confusing route again, I'm going to be disappointed in him really not learning from the dumb shit he's done in the past.

Anyway. I wish him the best but I am also extremely confused and hoping he's okay because he seems a little...off his rocker.
scientia
phabergé

I wonder if people knew this would be a part of his live show ahead of time? I'm out of the loop on his content. I could see it making some people slightly uncomfortable if they were not aware that this would be coming ;)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Anthony was in a Glam and Gore video about ghost hunting. Didn't even know they knew each other, nevermind knew each other enough to go ghost hunting together.

liola
rankussy

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 pm I've been watching Anthony (through smosh obvi) since 2009 and when he split off I rooted so hard for him. But he just went in such a weird, nonsensical, queerbait-y direction that I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

But the thing is, I do still have a nostalgic fondness for him. His relationship with Kalel fucked him up really badly which sucks so much, and I can imagine with his apparent split with Miel (she lives in New York now) some stuff could be coming back. So I think that kind of added pressure on top of whatever weird ass shit he keeps deciding to do just...idk throw people off.

I think he's probably a little lost (or a lot lost idk), and I think maybe he's having some kind of gender/sexuality crisis. Yeah straight dudes can dress up like that and whatever, but given his track record idk. I think he's really going through some shit.

And if it turns out he isn't and he's just going to go down that weird queerbait-y and completely confusing route again, I'm going to be disappointed in him really not learning from the dumb shit he's done in the past.

Anyway. I wish him the best but I am also extremely confused and hoping he's okay because he seems a little...off his rocker.
Actual question because I've seen this pointed out a lot over the past two years but I was never really that interested to ask - when did he queerbait? I follow him randomly so I could've very much missed it but I'm honestly asking! I didn't think at all that the anime maid cafè dress would be taken as a gender/sexuality crisis tbh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

liola wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:39 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 pm I've been watching Anthony (through smosh obvi) since 2009 and when he split off I rooted so hard for him. But he just went in such a weird, nonsensical, queerbait-y direction that I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

Actual question because I've seen this pointed out a lot over the past two years but I was never really that interested to ask - when did he queerbait? I follow him randomly so I could've very much missed it but I'm honestly asking! I didn't think at all that the anime maid cafè dress would be taken as a gender/sexuality crisis tbh
The prime example for me is this video. He's done some little things over the years, and in some other videos, but this one is the biggest one for me.

kavat
pastel persona

I don't really keep up with Anthony these days but this interview popped up in my recommendations and it's pretty good.

I know there has been some speculations about how much time went between his breakup with Miel and meeting his new girlfriend, and he talks a bit about it here. Basically there was about a four month gap, according to him (relationship talk begins at 1:13:45).
felucca
truth bomb

Loved the Philip DeFranco interview. Always nice to hear about OG Youtube and the experience of trying to stay relevant on the platform past your 30s.

I've watched several of the interviews on that channel now and honestly they're all great, 10/10 would recommend, DeFranco's a good interviewer.

"the first time we ventured into the public together.
(minus the grocery trips, romantic restaurant outings, movie theaters, road trips, hiking adventures, parties, plane rides, piggy-back rides in the rain, & finding blood in a haunted hotel room but who’s counting.)"
Lol way to rub it in our faces man.

Glad they're happy. Idk if it's just me but Anthony never really seems happy unless he's in a relationship. Doesn't surprise me at all there was just a 4 month gap from his last relationship to this one. No judging, he just seems like the kind of person who'll stay in a relationship way past its expiration date, so once it's officially over it's actually been over for a long time.

(Edit: Still, I'm happy he acknowledged the fact that he's spent his entire 20s practically going from relationship to relationship, adopting the style and personality of his current girlfriend instead of figuring himself out. I hope those 4 months was enough for him to break the pattern. He's sort of the Youtube version of Brad Pitt always changing his looks to complement his current gf.)
scientia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:42 am I wonder if people knew this would be a part of his live show ahead of time? I'm out of the loop on his content. I could see it making some people slightly uncomfortable if they were not aware that this would be coming ;)
Late answer but he did advertise it on his Insta as a 18+ show ;)

"my ANIME MAID CAFE EVENT will officially be happening in LA in october, with limited tickets available for you to purchase if you want to attend (18+). i’ll be documenting this whole experience and releasing it as a 30+ min documentary ~free~ for you all to sink your teeth into on youtube. more details and tickets to be released very fucking soon. that’s a padildo promise."
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
scientia
phabergé

felucca wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:53 am
scientia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:42 am I wonder if people knew this would be a part of his live show ahead of time? I'm out of the loop on his content. I could see it making some people slightly uncomfortable if they were not aware that this would be coming ;)
Late answer but he did advertise it on his Insta as a 18+ show ;)

"my ANIME MAID CAFE EVENT will officially be happening in LA in october, with limited tickets available for you to purchase if you want to attend (18+). i’ll be documenting this whole experience and releasing it as a 30+ min documentary ~free~ for you all to sink your teeth into on youtube. more details and tickets to be released very fucking soon. that’s a padildo promise."
Hey, thanks! That's good of him :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So Anthony's girlfriend is uh.... in some drama?

Anyone more aware of her/her situation want to weight in? Because I watched the video made about her and from that it just seems like she's petty, racist, and homophobic as fuck.
Levitating
#relatable

I've just watched the I spent a day with Ian video and I couldn't avoid but seeing so many parallels with Dan and Phil!

I do not know Anthony's sexuality so this is clearly just me projecting and I am not speculating he is actually gay/bi, but to me it sounded like the painful conversation a couple of old/"ex" friends who never crossed the line but where at least one of them had wanted to with more awareness than the other.
Anthony said he had wanted for the friendship to be in a certain way and how he had to accept it as it was instead in order to move forward. It all feels like there was a deep emotional bonding that could have gone pass friendship, never did, and hurt them both.