Superfruit/Pentatonix

fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Superfruit/Pentatonix

Post by fondsmiles » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:49 pm

As there isn't a thread for them yet, I thought I'd quickly make one to share this video:

wow, this is so good. I mean, I've always loved their music, and it's good in this as well. but what absolutely blows me away is the kids and their dancing (I love dancing so much!!), and the way this plays with gender and presentation and expressing yourself. Wow. Since Mitch seems to express his gender in every way he wants too as well, I imagine there's quite a lot of personal thoughts that have went into this.

anyway, I love them, and maybe others want to discuss something about the two of them or the group once in a while too. :)
[x]
[x]

RiriPandaHeart2
hobbit hair

Re: Superfruit/Pentatonix

Post by RiriPandaHeart2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:07 am

I'm a very very casual fan of Mitch and Scott but I was blown away with the revelation that they used to date. I've always seen Scott as very protective of Mitch to the point that I suspect/ed that there could still be some non-platonic feelings on Scott's side. I absolutely have no basis on this. Just a gut feel. I'm just curious for those that actively follow them, did their revelation make you swing on either side (in that there could still be a romantic future for them [or there is now], or that they've really limited themselves to platonic friendship only)?

Also, there have been a couple of times that D&P and Mitch and Scott's relationships were compared because both present themselves to the public as bestfriends and roommates. I'm just curious too if the fact that Mitch and Scott used to date (and apparently they did twice and had casual hook-ups if I remember correctly) affect your perception of Deppy's relationship? My answer to this is that my belief in Deppy's relationship was strengthened in that I don't fully believe that Mitch and Scott have only purely platonic feelings for each other. I'm kinda on the camp that if they're not together, at the very least, they still have non-platonic feelings for each other and are just choosing not to act on it.

But I guess the biggest difference between Deppy and Scomiche is that Scott has had known boyfriends in the past while Deppy has never had a known significant other in the time they're together, and Scomiche openly declares that Mitch is single and they were even joking that Scott was trying to find a guy for Mitch, while Deppy never mentions things like that. I'm really curious as to the opinions of non-casual fans of Superfruit. I am in no way pushing my opinion on anyone else and I don't have basis at all for my Scomiche views. I just find their chemistry explosive. ).
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?

Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Post by Diyes_Celine » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am

fondsmiles wrote:As there isn't a thread for them yet, I thought I'd quickly make one to share this video:

wow, this is so good. I mean, I've always loved their music, and it's good in this as well. but what absolutely blows me away is the kids and their dancing (I love dancing so much!!), and the way this plays with gender and presentation and expressing yourself. Wow. Since Mitch seems to express his gender in every way he wants too as well, I imagine there's quite a lot of personal thoughts that have went into this.

anyway, I love them, and maybe others want to discuss something about the two of them or the group once in a while too. :)
YAAAAS!!! I found my people. Their EP is good but Worth It (Perfect) was not my favorite until I saw the video. The dancers were amazing. I immediately thought of Dan. I really want him to see this video. I am not sure if this is his kind of music coz he's a music critic :sideeye: . But I see him intrigued of the music video's concept. I think Phil will like Superfruit if he hears Mitch's voice. I see Phil as someone who listens to music if the sound resonates with him. Who is not enamoured of Mitch's voice any way?

I was a big fan of Superfruit. It died down when they neglected their channel. I don't really hold any grudge coz Scott and Mitch were busy with Pentatonix. I am a bigger Pentatonix fan so I was still happy. I admit that I started watching Superfruit before Pentatonix coz I shipped Scomiche. But I stopped shipping them when I saw how Scott loved Alex so much. It broke my heart when they broke-up. I am really intrigued on how Scott and Alex's relationship worked coz:
1. Scott and Mitch were shipped by their fans. Fans were harassing Alex.
2. They all live in the same house.
3. PTX was always on tour. They were so busy they hardly go home.
4. Scott and Mitch are so flirty with each other. It was disturbing sometimes.
I was shook when they said that they used to date. Scomiche happened and can happen again. But I really think that they decided to just remain friends coz their friendship is more important.

RRR98
drama llama

Post by RRR98 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 am

Did they ever say they had never dated in the past when asked if they were together?

saffarinda
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

Post by saffarinda » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm

RRR98 wrote:Did they ever say they had never dated in the past when asked if they were together?
In their uncut video with Kyle they did say they were "Always platonic" :lol:

I've gotten back into PTX and Superfruit so much recently. Before they released the book and revealed that they'd dated I always used to think that they'd dated in the past because some of their interactions reminded me of the interactions I have with my friend who I used to date. I also think they've hooked up more than they revealled in the book over the years (I actually find it quite funny with the parallels between me and my friend and Scott and Mitch. We both dated each other then hooked up two years later lmao).

It was Scott and Mitch that strengthened my belief that Dan and Phil had kissed and possibly dated at some point, perhaps not dating now, but at some point in the past for sure.

I've always thought about how Scott and Mitch easily show each other affection, even kissed in a video and were open enough to reveal the fact that they dated, and can easily continue on with their lives. Dan and Phil could literally do the exact same thing if they wanted to, so many people set it up like if Dan and Phil revealled anything to the phandom they'd go insane and be relentless, or something akin to that, but honestly there'd probably just be drama or shock for 24 hours and then people would chill.

Plus, no one could verbally confront them on it, so if they wanted to avoid questions they could really easily (Scott and Mitch jokingly claming no recollection of the La la land kiss reminds me of dnp with the cake scene so much).

I actually love the album so much! I'm looking forward to part two as well.

Shame about them giving Wyatt away, but it was for the best considering how often they're on tour.
25/04/2017 - #blessed

Phandumb
smol bean

Post by Phandumb » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:16 pm

I’m sad I missed a Scomiche discussion. =( anyone else REALLY miss Superfruit? The withdrawals are real.
-Angel 💜