Simply Nailogical

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I guess a lot of you know this Youtuber, so I was surprised there was no thread yet!

Cristine a.k.a. Simply Nailogical started off as a nail art channel, but has taken in more and more comedic elements and often makes videos that have nothing to do with nails. But what makes her stand out in my opinion is her great approach to YT and her work ethics: Although she has over 4M subs, she still has her full-time job, she has a postgraduate degree, a drama-free online presence and often tells her subscribers about the importance of school. While being funny at the same time!

Check her latest video if you haven't seen it, it's a good summary of her

Or if you would rather like to skip her low-key roasting other youtubers for stupid "school hack" advice and just see an extremely admirable speech about school, skip to 11:25 or click: https://youtu.be/LqFAj6iTxz8?t=11m26s

Cristine also sometimes makes comments about DnP (e.g. looking for their signature at the FineBro's studio, or discussing PROTIP). I think she's an oldschool fan :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I watch her videos sometimes. She's a bit obnoxious sometimes, but in general I like her and her sarcasm. Collabing with Tati and Manny tho.. Girl no. Stop. It's like when Nikkie started associating with Jeffee Star all over again. I have a lot of respect for her keeping her full time job, often talking about the importance of education to her young viewers and and just not taking the whole YouTube and nail guru thing so seriously. I do hope she does keep nail stuff as the basis of her channel. It's cool that she's branching out in types of content but I do hope that she chills it a bit. I'm not even usually interested in nail stuff as mine look like horror stories due to years of anxiety induced nail biting but idk I like watching hers for the sarcastic jokes.

The video about School Hacks was good, the right amount of shady without being obnoxious. And paying tuition for someone is incredible, definitely a different level than makeup guru's who organize giveaways with the free shit they get from PR.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

Just giving Cristine's thread some love, she's now at 5 million subscribers, hasn't done a nail art tutorial in a while, but still manages to make entertaining videos à la Jenna Marbles.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I thoroughly cackled at that video. Ben and Cristine's dynamique always reminds me of Dan and Phil's in that one of them is a bit wacky and the other one is always fake-exasperated and fondly "this-guys" the first one, and both couples duos exaggerate their differences for comedic effect. This is in a stark contrast to for example Safiya and Tyler (and to some extent Jenna and Julien), who work really well as a duo because their senses of humour are so similar that they feed off of each other in an opposite way to B&C or D&P.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I still miss her nail tutorial stuff but she's been making some really funny videos lately. This one and the giant sock one from last week were hilarious.

why do i have a feeling ben didn't like tati or am i projecting here cause i hate her idk
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Kimship
glabella

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 pm I thoroughly cackled at that video. Ben and Cristine's dynamique always reminds me of Dan and Phil's in that one of them is a bit wacky and the other one is always fake-exasperated and fondly "this-guys" the first one, and both couples duos exaggerate their differences for comedic effect. This is in a stark contrast to for example Safiya and Tyler (and to some extent Jenna and Julien), who work really well as a duo because their senses of humour are so similar that they feed off of each other in an opposite way to B&C or D&P.
Yeah both sort of do that classic "straight man/fool" comedy duo thing. In D&P's case, they'll sometimes switch up who the straight man is, but I think it's one of the main reasons why their gaming videos are such fun. But it's also why I love it when Ben pop's up in Cristine's vids.

Straight Man And Wise Guy Warning: TVTropes
Wikipedia: Double Act
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Catallena wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 am why do i have a feeling ben didn't like tati or am i projecting here cause i hate her idk
I also got the feeling that he was shading Tati even though at that point I knew nothing about her apart from the collabs she'd made with Cristine. I did take a look at her GG threads, though, after you mentioned her, and the tea seems to be hot...
Kimship wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:20 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 pm
I thoroughly cackled at that video. Ben and Cristine's dynamique always reminds me of Dan and Phil's in that one of them is a bit wacky and the other one is always fake-exasperated and fondly "this-guys" the first one, and both couples duos exaggerate their differences for comedic effect. This is in a stark contrast to for example Safiya and Tyler (and to some extent Jenna and Julien), who work really well as a duo because their senses of humour are so similar that they feed off of each other in an opposite way to B&C or D&P.
Yeah both sort of do that classic "straight man/fool" comedy duo thing. In D&P's case, they'll sometimes switch up who the straight man is, but I think it's one of the main reasons why their gaming videos are such fun. But it's also why I love it when Ben pop's up in Cristine's vids.

Straight Man And Wise Guy Warning: TVTropes
Wikipedia: Double Act
Thank you, I was pretty sure there was a name for that kind of comedy, but had no idea where to look for it!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm
Catallena wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 am why do i have a feeling ben didn't like tati or am i projecting here cause i hate her idk
I also got the feeling that he was shading Tati even though at that point I knew nothing about her apart from the collabs she'd made with Cristine. I did take a look at her GG threads, though, after you mentioned her, and the tea seems to be hot...
It wasn't the first time the water thing was brought up either, and Ben definitely seems more fond of their other YouTube friends like Safiya and Tyler or Rob and Corinne. The fact that he even went in with Tati's vitamin pill scandal tells me enough tbh. I don't know how Cristine feels about Tati though.

And yes Tati is shady as hell.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Catallena wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am
somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm
It wasn't the first time the water thing was brought up either, and Ben definitely seems more fond of their other YouTube friends like Safiya and Tyler or Rob and Corinne. The fact that he even went in with Tati's vitamin pill scandal tells me enough tbh. I don't know how Cristine feels about Tati though.

And yes Tati is shady as hell.
To me the fact that the shade wasn't cut out of the video seems to imply that Cristine's not too fond of Tati.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Thought I would revive this thread to talk about Cristine (especially since her and dnp have finally become irl acquainted)
Last week Cristine launched a surprise nail polish brand called Holo Taco, and it went very well.

and then this morning she just posted a thank you

and I just wanted to talk about her because she is such an honest and hardworking person that I'm really happy for her and her success. There aren't enough youtubers who are this genuine, mature, and thoughtful about their audience these days and I've always respected her for that. Anyways shes an absolute sweetheart and I'm glad dnp have spent part of their vidcon getting to know her and Safiya. :love1: