Game Plan?

sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Guys I am a bit confused here, are we planning to make this the main place to discuss D&P and abandon the D&P thread in GG? Or is this where we hang out when GG is down?

I'm very uncomfortable with the dictatorship/favoritism currently seemed to be practiced in GG but at the same time I have a sentimental attachment there due to the long tenure :lol:
ayane
squish

I think quite a few of us are planning to make this our home now. I know I'm really put off by everything that happened right before the site went down. Hope you will stick around with us here :)
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

I'm also a bit sentimental, and I value GG because it serves as a great archive of several years of D&P insight/info/archival. But the posters are the heart and soul of the Deppy threads — GG itself is just a shell. And a corrupt shell, at that. Move the people and the best posts over here and there's nothing to miss. :)
busy being happy~
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Well I might actually be banned from GG (site not up, can't confirm).

And IF I am then technically I can't make another account.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

sweetmm wrote:Guys I am a bit confused here, are we planning to make this the main place to discuss D&P and abandon the D&P thread in GG? Or is this where we hang out when GG is down?

I'm very uncomfortable with the dictatorship/favoritism currently seemed to be practiced in GG but at the same time I have a sentimental attachment there due to the long tenure :lol:
There is talk among the 'archivists' of moving the lists and other things over that they created and worked hard on; it's clear the GG server and staff are no longer reliable and as much stuff that can salvaged as possible is the ideal. But it's possible the whole boards from Part 1 could be backed up and preserved, there are a few methods for doing that with the pages. If anyone would like to be involved in helping that process it would be hugely appreciated, PM myself or Jhamba and we can talk to you about it.

of course, we have to wait for GG to actually get back online first :roll:

I'm very happy people checked out the link and are reconvening here, but I'll gush about that elsewhere on the board. :D

Anonymousse - what happened? Did you get a warning first for behaviour, or were you just not able to login again without explanation?
art in avatar by lily
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

zeemeermin wrote: Anonymousse - what happened? Did you get a warning first for behaviour, or were you just not able to login again without explanation?
According to oqua, she couldn't access my account profile before GG went down (said user not found). I was asleep at that time so I have no idea. Might be a fluke, might not... But I didn't get a warning or a notification in my mailbox.

If it is not a fluke then I have to ask, how my comment broke any rules :? . (I'm not bitter, more like surprised)
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

sweetmm
angel bean

Anonymousse wrote:
zeemeermin wrote: Anonymousse - what happened? Did you get a warning first for behaviour, or were you just not able to login again without explanation?
According to oqua, she couldn't access my account profile before GG went down (said user not found). I was asleep at that time so I have no idea. Might be a fluke, might not... But I didn't get a warning or a notification in my mailbox.

If it is not a fluke then I have to ask, how my comment broke any rules :? . (I'm not bitter, more like surprised)
Most probably the site was already slowly non-functional prior to it went offline.
zeemeermin wrote: There is talk among the 'archivists' of moving the lists and other things over that they created and worked hard on; it's clear the GG server and staff are no longer reliable and as much stuff that can salvaged as possible is the ideal.
Please make this happen so I need not go to various boards and in the end confuse myself more than per usual :lol:
vincentian
hobbit hair

I also got attached to the original website (and got used to the interface tbh), but reading posts in what happened to GG thread made me realise there were good reasons for moving.
Props to the creator&mods of the indepthbants.

Now that this place is more isolated than the GG thread and everyone can see the list of all users, let's bet when actual Dan or/and Phil are going to register/under which usernames they are hiding? :D
sweetmm
angel bean

vincentian wrote:I also got attached to the original website (and got used to the interface tbh), but reading posts in what happened to GG thread made me realise there were good reasons for moving.
Props to the creator&mods of the indepthbants.

Now that this place is more isolated than the GG thread and everyone can see the list of all users, let's bet when actual Dan or/and Phil are going to register/under which usernames they are hiding? :D
I love the transparency part of this forum makes it more akin to a community.
jesp
why bother

Moderator Action

Moved thread from Introductions to General Forum Information.
DryCereal
koi pond

zeemeermin wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Guys I am a bit confused here, are we planning to make this the main place to discuss D&P and abandon the D&P thread in GG? Or is this where we hang out when GG is down?

There is talk among the 'archivists' of moving the lists and other things over that they created and worked hard on; it's clear the GG server and staff are no longer reliable and as much stuff that can salvaged as possible is the ideal. But it's possible the whole boards from Part 1 could be backed up and preserved, there are a few methods for doing that with the pages. If anyone would like to be involved in helping that process it would be hugely appreciated, PM myself or Jhamba and we can talk to you about it.

of course, we have to wait for GG to actually get back online first :roll:
I'd like to help in any way I can. Certainly got more than enough time on my hands rn...! ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

The thing I like about this forum is that there is no hate posts or reputation stuck to it. There are probably a lot of people within the phandom that lurk on gg but don't want to post there. I saw people criticizing us for posting on gg on places like tumblr (I doubt they really read what we were saying), even though the d&p section was mostly very nice.
Hopefully with something new that doesn't have the hateposting element to it, more people will be willing to join in and post what they want without being told "but it's a gossip site/this place is turning into tumblr" when you enjoy someone's content.
The good thing about the way the D&P thread worked was that people had differing opinions and it was interesting - there were positive and negative opinions in one thread. I am confident that will continue here, and I hope people will stay round once GG does get back up and running.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

so should we DM like all the posters on the GG thread?
I guess we could also post the link to this forum in the public thread on GG but would that get us banned??
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
swofro
angel bean

What if someone make an announcement under the pretend of having rare gif/picture or whatever but password protected it with the usual password? Sounds safe?
Love is forever
icklebrina
living flop

daphenaxa wrote:so should we DM like all the posters on the GG thread?
I guess we could also post the link to this forum in the public thread on GG but would that get us banned??
Dunno if it'll stay there for very long, but someone already did post a link on the thread on GG
swofro
angel bean

Someone aka The Cult Leader. :D
Love is forever
spider
ar·tic·u·late

icklebrina wrote:Dunno if it'll stay there for very long, but someone already did post a link on the thread on GG
It's been removed.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Moderator Action :
Moved this thread into a dedicated "What Happened to GuruGossiper" forum and made it only accessible to registered users. Guests have no access.
busy being happy~
kay
phabergé

Just throwing it out there that I'm happy to help archive in any way I can if needed! I love that kind of stuff. :D
angrymob
hobbit hair

Just so everyone knows, I have sucessfully downloaded the Dan & Phil GG forum (or forum 183 as my computer now knows it) in it's current state, so if the site goes down or more posts are forever deleted à la Jhamba, there's a second copy.

If anyone would like their own copy, just pm me and I'll send you a download link (fyi, it's about 450mb uncompressed). :mrgreen:
sweetmm
angel bean

angrymob wrote:Just so everyone knows, I have sucessfully downloaded the Dan & Phil GG forum (or forum 183 as my computer now knows it) in it's current state, so if the site goes down or more posts are forever deleted à la Jhamba, there's a second copy.

If anyone would like their own copy, just pm me and I'll send you a download link (fyi, it's about 450mb uncompressed). :mrgreen:
That is wonderful :platonic:

Looking forward to see all the archives uploaded here (if it is permissible by the host)
jhamba
procrastinator

sweetmm wrote:
angrymob wrote:Just so everyone knows, I have sucessfully downloaded the Dan & Phil GG forum (or forum 183 as my computer now knows it) in it's current state, so if the site goes down or more posts are forever deleted à la Jhamba, there's a second copy.

That is wonderful :platonic:

Looking forward to see all the archives uploaded here (if it is permissible by the host)
Well, I don't think we can do that, tbh. But, we could put it in some place which would be easy for people to access. maybe some place like tumblr
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Lari
phillion/danosaur <//3

That's amazing news!
stella
living flop

Thank you so much for doing this!

I really like this forum as it has a community feeling that I didn't see on gg
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
jhamba
procrastinator

Moderator Action :
moved thread to general subforum
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda