Fandom psychology research!

Puffy
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

Hi guys!

I am conducting my final year psychology research on belonging, engagement and social capital in fandoms. I am looking at Youtuber, TV Show, Music and Book fandoms in particular. I was hoping a couple of you (or many of you) who are over 18 and have up to 15 mins to spare would be interested in taking part? I'm based in Ireland but the research is open internationally.

All the info on how to participate is in the first page of the link, I'm comparing online fandom communities with offline communities and also looking at types of creativity people engage in in fandoms. There hasn't been too much research done into the topic of fandoms, but fan studies is on the up-and-up in recent years and I'm hoping to contribute something useful to knowledge on the psychology of fandoms.

Here's the link, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, either by inboxing me here or contacting me or my supervisor by the emails provided.

Thanks so much! :D

https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/d247ec0
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Puffy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm Hi guys!

I am conducting my final year psychology research on belonging, engagement and social capital in fandoms. I am looking at Youtuber, TV Show, Music and Book fandoms in particular. I was hoping a couple of you (or many of you) who are over 18 and have up to 15 mins to spare would be interested in taking part? I'm based in Ireland but the research is open internationally.

All the info on how to participate is in the first page of the link, I'm comparing online fandom communities with offline communities and also looking at types of creativity people engage in in fandoms. There hasn't been too much research done into the topic of fandoms, but fan studies is on the up-and-up in recent years and I'm hoping to contribute something useful to knowledge on the psychology of fandoms.

Here's the link, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, either by inboxing me here or contacting me or my supervisor by the emails provided.

Have you posted this on tumblr anywhere? If so, link it and I'd be happy to reblog it there too!
obvsly
#relatable

Done! I referred to the mcfly fandom mainly though when answering the questions because I'm undoubtedly more active there. Hope it's fine! Best of luck with your research. :)
Puffy
drama llama

obvsly wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:09 am Done! I referred to the mcfly fandom mainly though when answering the questions because I'm undoubtedly more active there. Hope it's fine! Best of luck with your research. :)
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time -- you and anyone else who has taken part! I still need a few participants, maybe another 20 I think so if anyone else has got 15 minutes and would like to take part I would love that so much. It'll be really cool to see the results when I'm finished! :D
Puffy
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Puffy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm Hi guys!

Have you posted this on tumblr anywhere? If so, link it and I'd be happy to reblog it there too!
I have! here's the link: http://not-courtneylove.tumblr.com/post ... n-a-fandom. Thank you so much for your help!