Article 13

goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

This was Dan's most recent Twitter like and it got me genuinely worried not only for the future of Dan and Phil's content, but the future of YouTube and the internet as a whole.

I really hope things work out. I don't know how they are going to enforce this law with so much content being created every day. Also I didn't realize the moral dilemma that probably all British creators are facing right now until I saw this picture.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

This is mildly terrifying to read about. It's going to impact so much if it's seen through to it's most literal intent.
DryCereal
koi pond

Won't affect British creators more than any others outside the EU come 29/3/19... IF it gets passed, that is.

(Here's hoping it doesn't though, especially in it's current form.)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ablissa
pastel persona

DryCereal wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:16 pm Won't affect British creators more than any others outside the EU come 29/3/19... IF it gets passed, that is.

(Here's hoping it doesn't though, especially in it's current form.)
It will affect their viewers that remain in the EU though. Will we be able to watch their content still?
It's scary, and I feel like there isn't much we can do about it. I try to spread the word and contact whom I can, but ultimately, they will do what they want and it's terrifying to me.
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Forget article 13. What about COPPA? I’ve seen many videos saying it will ruin YouTube and it scares me. If anyone doesn’t know there will be a new policy in place starting Jan 1, 2020 where any content deemed for kids will have to be marked “kid friendly,” therefore disabling not only personalized ads from videos but also disabling comments, not allowing videos to be saved on playlists, and a host of other things.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle: