Offtopic thread

Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Trigger Warning :
Slightly depressing.

Well I'm feeling a lot worse than last Saturday.

You know what is fun? Having no control over your life. Especially when your colleagues are teachers and try to act like your parents and you still live with your mother.

There is like? No escape? I'm at the beginning of the food chain wherever I am, and being treated as such.

I wish people stopped expecting me to be something that I'm not.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Anonymousse wrote:
Trigger Warning :
Slightly depressing.

Well I'm feeling a lot worse than last Saturday.

You know what is fun? Having no control over your life. Especially when your colleagues are teachers and try to act like your parents and you still live with your mother.

There is like? No escape? I'm at the beginning of the food chain wherever I am, and being treated as such.

I wish people stopped expecting me to be something that I'm not.
Lots of hugs for you. I know sometimes it's hard (hell, nigh-on impossible) to see past the present, but things change. Sometimes in a big way quickly, sometimes slowly and steadily. This period will also pass - better things are coming. They are! Whatever you decide to do, it's the beginnings that are the hardest. So the sooner you get started, the sooner it'll get better. :)
Maybe try getting your mother to emigrate, even temporarily. Worked for me(!) - It did involve a sibling moving half the world away, then having twins, but still...! :lol: It's done wonders for our relationship!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
whoknows
crusty sponge

Jesp, just wanted to say you are fit btw.
Last edited by whoknows on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesp
why bother

whoknows wrote:Jesp, just wanted to tell you are fit btw
You know it.
whoknows
crusty sponge

Jesp wrote:
whoknows wrote:Jesp, just wanted to tell you are fit btw
You know it.
ffs get rid of that kettle, you are going down in attractiveness there.
jesp
why bother

whoknows wrote:ffs get rid of that kettle
No.
Anonymousse
flower crown

^
I just completely imagined Dan flirting with Jesp.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

whoknows
crusty sponge

Jesp wrote:
whoknows wrote:ffs get rid of that kettle
No.
Well then, i'm just disappointed in you.Someday we will make you guys see the light.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Other ppl: so what's Jane Eyre about?
Me: ohhh slow burn gen het governess au, bro
The most accurate description of Jane Eyre I've ever seen.
I don't read too much fanfiction nowadays, I've become obnoxiously picky about what I read...I blame it on studying English Literature and Creative Writing at uni. I also used to have no problem reading real-person fan fiction, but I also can't get behind that anymore nowadays. Getting older has me question my own creepiness more, perhaps. I would never be able to read Phanfiction, that just seems uncomfortable, even though I know that Dan and Phil are fine with it. :D
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Anonymousse
flower crown

Random:

Instead of "night" I said "gay".

Smh

- Manged

jhamba
procrastinator

just an interesting random fact for those of you that don't know (like I didn't some time back). Cocoa powder is liposoluble, which means that it doesn't dissolve in water, but it does in oils (vegetable oil, butter, wax, ect). This is a fact that will make cooking and making up your own chocolate recipes much easier. I hope it helped any bakers/chocolate lovers out there, like it helped me.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

jhamba wrote:just an interesting random fact for those of you that don't know (like I didn't some time back). Cocoa powder is liposoluble, which means that it doesn't dissolve in water, but it does in oils (vegetable oil, butter, wax, ect). This is a fact that will make cooking and making up your own chocolate recipes much easier. I hope it helped any bakers/chocolate lovers out there, like it helped me.
Additional interesting baking fact: You can make Irish Carbomb cupcakes so strong that one will give you a buzz. The trick is (when using the basic 'find anywhere' recipe) doubling the whiskey in the ganache and evening out the sweet/bitter ratio with a pinch of powdered sugar, and tripling the amount of Bailey's in the frosting. Since the bailey's is cream-based, it can be whipped, which means as long as it's whipped correctly, it will not really affect the consistency of the frosting much.
jhamba
procrastinator

cora808 wrote:
jhamba wrote:just an interesting random fact for those of you that don't know (like I didn't some time back). Cocoa powder is liposoluble, which means that it doesn't dissolve in water, but it does in oils (vegetable oil, butter, wax, ect). This is a fact that will make cooking and making up your own chocolate recipes much easier. I hope it helped any bakers/chocolate lovers out there, like it helped me.
Additional interesting baking fact: You can make Irish Carbomb cupcakes so strong that one will give you a buzz. The trick is (when using the basic 'find anywhere' recipe) doubling the whiskey in the ganache and evening out the sweet/bitter ratio with a pinch of powdered sugar, and tripling the amount of Bailey's in the frosting. Since the bailey's is cream-based, it can be whipped, which means as long as it's whipped correctly, it will not really affect the consistency of the frosting much.
nice. got to try this sometime. Alcohol is very bad. :tsk:
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jhamba wrote:
cora808 wrote:
nice. got to try this sometime. Alcohol is very bad. :tsk:

(Definitely want to try the cupcakes.)
Anonymousse
flower crown

So because of the "height topic" in the main thread (and I have nothing to contribute :wahh: )
I want to ask you all - how tall are you?

I'm always curious about other peoples heights and "am I normal" kind of self assurance.

preferably in both metric and imperial and exact if you can.
172cm/5'6.5"
- Manged

icklebrina
living flop

Oh heights... it's interesting how they can be so relative. I'm usually considered to be on the shorter side, but I was the tallest at my last job. It was weird... haha
163 cm/5'4"

Anonymousse, I think you'd be closer to 5'7.5"
DryCereal
koi pond

5'9/175cm.

I'mma add to it. Shoe size? Mine are ridiculously small - UK2.5 / EU35 / US5? (I think?)
Anonymousse
flower crown

Anonymousse, I think you'd be closer to 5'7.5"
UMMM
Apparently nobody as dumb as me should use the google converter. You're right
So 172/5'7.5" because I can't even convert

Shoesize:
US9.5/EU40/UK7.5

- Manged

kooshka
living flop

175cm/5'9" (?? iirc i have absolutely no idea how the imperial system works)!
Shoe size is EU40/41

I used to be very concious about my height when I was a teenager, since I grew pretty fast and spent a long time being way taller than everyone else. Made me feel super awkward and "big", I used to slouch so much and always felt like I took waaay too much space.
But thankfully that's all in the past and now it feels just ridiculous - I absolutely love being tall and I'm kinda disappointed I ended up being one of the smallest people in my family (both my mom's and dad's sides are giants, i think the average is like 180cm :D). Thank god for heels so I don't have to miss out entirely from feeling like a 200cm amazonian babe.
DryCereal
koi pond

kooshka wrote:175cm/5'9" (?? iirc i have absolutely no idea how the imperial system works)!
Shoe size is EU40/41

I used to be very concious about my height when I was a teenager, since I grew pretty fast and spent a long time being way taller than everyone else. Made me feel super awkward and "big", I used to slouch so much and always felt like I took waaay too much space.
But thankfully that's all in the past and now it feels just ridiculous - I absolutely love being tall and I'm kinda disappointed I ended up being one of the smallest people in my family (both my mom's and dad's sides are giants, i think the average is like 180cm :D). Thank god for heels so I don't have to miss out entirely from feeling like a 200cm amazonian babe.
I've never felt self-conscious about my height, I quite like being tall, and other people just seem cute and teeny to me when I meet them for the first time. I just seem to expect others to be around my height, when in fact they may only be 5'1/2-5'5... ( would be a rare example of people who wouldn't!) Luckily for my manshape, (who claims to be 5'11 (yeah, like Phil's 6'2!!!!! ) I can't wear heels, as it feels like I'm en pointe constantly. I just can't balance like that (anymore!) so low heels/flats for me most of the time, as platforms are usually fugly.
I haaaaaaate shoe shopping. I am a girl-fail. :facepalm:
swofro
angel bean

I am 158cm (so that is 5foot 2.2inch, is that it??), stopped gaining height since I was like 14, but I am kinda on the tall side of women I acquainted with (and because I live on that side of the world where people are generally petit). I never felt self concious about it because I wear sneakers all the time until that one time my friend point out that I am kinda tall

Foot size. I can fit UK size 3 or 4 depends on the brand. I have no idea how that work. I once buy a cute shoe size 3 from amazon and cannot fit in it if I put on socks. Smh.

Fun fact: Despite my normal shoe size, I have a skinny ankle that I cannot be strapped in skating shoes properly. I also cannot wear bangles (bracelets?) because of the same reason.
Love is forever
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Wow this is interesting, despite growing up in both Europe and the UK I don't know how to convert between imperial and cm's very well, but I think I"m around 173cm/5'8? I haven't measured myself since I was a teenager but it's something like that.. I'm usually considered pretty tall for a British person, but growing up in Holland I always felt really short :lol:
For shoes it varies a bit but usually EU39/UK6/US8, I have a really high instep so I can never fit tall boots that don't have a zip up the side :(
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
mez29
procrastinator

I think I'm something like 165 cm. My feet are 41 though, a bit big for my height because I have weirdly long toes (and fingers).

I'd say I'm a decent height, but my posture isn't great and most of my friends are tall, so people think I'm short 8-)
icklebrina
living flop

Honestly the only reason I know my height in cm is because it's on my driver's licence that way. Even though everyone always says height in feet and inches.

Something like this height converter should help if you need help figuring out the cm to ft/in.

As for my shoe size - I'm a size 7 US which looks to be a UK 4.5/EU 37.5

Every time I move to a new country it's always an adjustment re-learning what my shoe/clothes/everything size is. I've definitely had some surprises in the changing room!
majitzu
angel bean

I'm 167 cm that is 5'6 i think. And for shoes is a 39EU

I'm not tall but I think my university is full of hobbits girls.