Is essay help legit?

OliviaLuche
banned

I should to write a research proposal and I think I cannot do it all by myself. Is it legal to use an a dissertation writing sites? Has anyone used college paper writing service? Share your experience, please.
shan
morning quiff

The consequences of using those kinds of services would depend on your university and level of study but in general it is a huge no-no. Best case scenario where I work is you get sent to an Academic Integrity panel meeting if you're caught and you get a mark of 0 on the assignment. This would be if you manage to defend yourself well enough and have never had any issues previously. It can also result in failing the subject or being kicked out of your course.

Most universities should offer assistance if you're struggling with writing tasks. Check out what help is offered by the library or try asking you subject coordinator what resources are available to you.
OliviaLuche
banned

Sorry. I just really needed help and I found it [spam link removed]
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam link removed and user banned
shan
morning quiff

I did write out a whole other post just now with resources and forums that helped me when I was studying but then I clicked the link in your comment and realised you're just trying to advertise a super sketchy essay writing site.

Anyone else who might see this in the future; don't do it. As someone who's marked plenty of student papers, it's so obvious when a student has used an essay writing service or paraphrasing software that it's not even funny. Just ask for help if you need it, there are so many resources out there that can help you rather than paying someone else to do your work.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

shan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 am I did write out a whole other post just now with resources and forums that helped me when I was studying but then I clicked the link in your comment and realised you're just trying to advertise a super sketchy essay writing site.

Anyone else who might see this in the future; don't do it. As someone who's marked plenty of student papers, it's so obvious when a student has used an essay writing service or paraphrasing software that it's not even funny. Just ask for help if you need it, there are so many resources out there that can help you rather than paying someone else to do your work.
I banned the user and removed the spam link but I kinda wanna leave this post up just so people see the warning. It's very good advice tbh. Also, if you wanna go ahead and share your post on resources and forums that help you, please do!
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:16 pm Also, if you wanna go ahead and share your post on resources and forums that help you, please do!
For general writing help, a friend in undergrad introduced me to Purdue’s Online Writing Lab which is a fantastic site that covers the different sections of a typical paper and what they should include, a very useful referencing guide, how your paper should be formatted, as well as going through discipline-specific writing styles.

For something more personalised, most University libraries run classes throughout the semester on anything from learning how to effectively search for journal articles and proper referencing to actual assistance with writing. Library-organised Shut Up And Write sessions are a really popular way to get some writing done while also having people around to ask for some feedback or help during the breaks if you need it. There will likely be classes run for postgrads too, with more specific topics such as writing a research proposal, literature review etc.

For subject-specific assistance, talk to your subject coordinator or lecturer. So many of them will bend over backwards to help their students. Mind you not all of them will but don’t underestimate how good it feels to have someone show interest and ask for help rather than have yet another student fail or just squeak by because they didn’t say anything. Many are more than happy to meet with you one on one and read your drafts, otherwise they’ll be able to point you in the direction of resources that can help you.

The forums I used in undergrad were specific to my country, but Postgraduate Forum is a decent place to get some help and encouragement if you’re doing a Masters or PhD. It’s not always the happiest forum since people often go there to vent but it can be useful to feel a sense of comradery and that you’re not going though it alone if you need it. They can also help you get access to journal articles that aren’t covered under your Uni’s subscriptions. Another tip for that; always check google if you can’t get an article through the library! Open access articles are becoming a lot more popular so it’s not uncommon to find them for free in google scholar.

This felt pretty strange to write for IDB but hopefully someone might find it useful!