Re: What happened to GG?

blueapple_x
flower crown

angrymob wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Can anyone explain how to download all the gg threads and posts? And does anyone have an idea of when they will be migrated here?

I want to read all of them before more users/posts get deleted lol.
Has illegal made an account here yet/has anyone contacted him?
You'd write a webcrawler that downloads/saves each page, or you can manually save each page (usually by right-clicking and 'save as'), or there are some programs that can do it for you like site sucker (which I'm currently trying to use because my program I wrote is buggy and I don't have the motivation to try and fix it right now). If I sucessfully download them, I can send the file to you if you'd like.
I would be eternally grateful if you did because I couldn't write a program to save my life lol
manged wrote:
I have, and as of right now, he's not interested in joining.
Was he upset that we left or is he hesitant to risk losing his mod position?
fancybum
senpai

[Moderator Action: Post deleted at the request of the user.]
Last edited by jesp on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deletion requested by user
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
manged
lady door

blueapple_x wrote:
manged wrote:
I have, and as of right now, he's not interested in joining.
Was he upset that we left or is he hesitant to risk losing his mod position?
Simply says he's uninterested.
Last edited by manged on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
fancybum
senpai

"We DO NOT read PMs"

Oh ok well that's good, I feel more secure then. It's probably against the rules for mods to do that--

Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
angrymob
hobbit hair

blueapple_x wrote: I would be eternally grateful if you did because I couldn't write a program to save my life lol
I'm currently at 1300/25000 files downloaded, will probably test when I reach the 5th level of links to see if I need to go any farther. I stg though, if GG goes down and I time out, I'm gonna kill a ho. :sideeye:
blueapple_x
flower crown

angrymob wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: I would be eternally grateful if you did because I couldn't write a program to save my life lol
I'm currently at 1300/25000 files downloaded, will probably test when I reach the 5th level of links to see if I need to go any farther. I stg though, if GG goes down and I time out, I'm gonna kill a ho. :sideeye:
Haha ok keep me posted! Thx
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

oh my god i tried giving it another go and linking the forum on the main thread bc i dont give a fuck anymore before reading here and finding out they added it as a slur

i'm gonna use tinyurl and try again

honestly wtf is wrong with the people running that website don't they have better things to do than making our lives harder than they should be, i feel like i'm in highschool again

all the traffic they lost with us getting the fuck out is not gonna come back just by making us angrier i don't understand what are they trying to achieve
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
jess
living flop

trashqueen wrote:oh my god i tried giving it another go and linking the forum on the main thread bc i dont give a fuck anymore before reading here and finding out they added it as a slur

i'm gonna use tinyurl and try again

honestly wtf is wrong with the people running that website don't they have better things to do than making our lives harder than they should be, i feel like i'm in highschool again

all the traffic they lost with us getting the fuck out is not gonna come back just by making us angrier i don't understand what are they trying to achieve
I laughed so hard when I saw your tinyurl.
hophigh
squish

fancybum wrote:Image
They edited my PM, that's creepy af, I wasn't even badmouthing anything. It was just "hey people are over here, check it out"?? So they must be reading every single pm people are sending, because I didn't even get in on the drama from the start. Cool site :roll:

edit: I just realized it's prob an automatic thing like with 'queer' :facepalm: , but I don't think it was there this morning when I orig sent the pm; it looked normal then. STILL CREEPY.
they did the same fucking thing to me!!!!!!!!!! luckily i get emailed whenever i get pm'd, and it wasn't blocked there. they're despicable :rage:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Woah thanks for the heads up, I had deleted all my pm that mentioned our new home.

Trying not to be banned as I still browse through other youtubers' threads there :?
sweetmm
angel bean

Just going through Joe Sugg thread at Gigi and found this jewel about why Gshite delete her profile.
[offtopic]
hobbiton wrote:
Very OT:

She deleted her account. Head over to the velvet ghost thread to find an in depth account of it.

But the jist is, she didn't like the fact that other ppl had a different view from her regarding Gabbys Brussels tweet (she thought gabby didn't mean it while others thought it was a good thing she tweeted a bout it) then all of a sudden the ppl who disagreed with gabz is shite were banned and all their posts were deleted. And the ppl that were banned were regulars who most ppl liked. It was very dramatic.
[offtopic]Do you have a link? I don't know who that yt guru is; I only care about GABZ is shite and now I can't even see her posts. But I heard that she wasn't the one that deleted them? They said it was a different mod that did it. I mean really? Do ppl know how much work it takes to run/manage a website? I don't think they get paid for their "help either.

I've had a mod have a REAL power trip on me (saying I'm not allowed to use the colors blue, pink, purple, red, which is stupid imo when it's avail to be) while another one said I could...

I do wish they had more of a thing where maybe you could argue your side (to a neutral party since the original mod never got back to me) or something or they would be more uniform but GABZ-IS_SHITE always came across as fair to me..Something's off. I feel like it's a set-up or something.[/offtopic][/quote]

Still very off topic: (lol)

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=525

This is the link, just copy and paste pls, it starts with a post by JustAmy asking why Izzysmi was banned. and it goes on from there.

I loved Gabz is shite too, but I think she did have a bit of tantrum, I don't believe for one second Jamieee and Izzysmi were banned because the post the mods talked about (claiming people were flagging) were some of the most liked posts in Gabbys current thread, which you can't even go back and see because they were banned and all there post were deleted. Unlike Gabs is shite's posts, of which you can still see and go back too. and right in the middle of it GG decided it needed to take an easter holiday. I was there for the whole thing, if you want to PM me and ask for specifics. I also I don't want to get banned for talking about Gabz is shite in a negative way.[/quote][/Offtopic]
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

sweetmm wrote:Woah thanks for the heads up, I had deleted all my pm that mentioned our new home.

Trying not to be banned as I still browse through other youtubers' threads there :?
that was the only reason i was trying to not be ~problematic~ but if they ban people based on their ip then they are fucked with me because my internet plan provides dynamic ips, so good luck to them, and i don't care that much about my account because i'm not really active anywhere else outside the d&p thread and i don't care if people can recognize my username or not

also one thing is trying to make it harder for us to share this forum, another is banning people for doing it, they already lost a huge part of their members and traffic for being difficult, i don't think they are stupid enough to ban even more people
timtam
lady door

Wow thanks for the information everyone! I went away over the weekend and only really saw a bit of the drama so it's good to have an understanding of what's happening.

I think GIS must be really proud of herself. She has probably hated us since we kicked her out of the D&P threads and has had this all planned as revenge.

GG is definitely editing PM's or has a word editing software because Delta's PM to me with the link to this site was edited to www.*the site that shall not be named, ty.com and she had to send me a link to her tumblr instead. Oqua sent me a message as well but she had been punished by then. Which is why it took me so long to get here! By the the time I looked on GG everything was erased. Mods are still gossiping about this situation in the off topic thread but good news trashqueen's link is still on the main thread.

If you need any help messaging people/recovering forum posts I'm happy to help. My account is yet to be banned. Even though I criticised them in the off topic forum.
jesp
why bother

sweetmm wrote:Just going through Joe Sugg thread at Gigi and found this jewel about why Gshite delete her profile.
Moderator Note

sweetmm, I've moved this post to this thread where it's more appropriate.
sweetmm
angel bean

Jesp wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Just going through Joe Sugg thread at Gigi and found this jewel about why Gshite delete her profile.
Moderator Note

sweetmm, I've moved this post to this thread where it's more appropriate.
Thanks there is so many subforums here, I need to get the hang of it
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

they already deleted my post on the main thread but i'm not banned, i'm gonna say that proves my theory that they won't ban people for posting/pming the link, just gonna make it difficult because they have a lot of free time on their hands
sweetmm
angel bean

trashqueen wrote:they already deleted my post on the main thread but i'm not banned, i'm gonna say that proves my theory that they won't ban people for posting/pming the link, just gonna make it difficult because they have a lot of free time on their hands
I think they just use the search button for indepthbants :lol:
icklebrina
living flop

trashqueen wrote:they already deleted my post on the main thread but i'm not banned, i'm gonna say that proves my theory that they won't ban people for posting/pming the link, just gonna make it difficult because they have a lot of free time on their hands
They also deleted felucca's 'lol bye gg' post, which is a mixture of hilarious and ridiculous :roll:
blueapple_x
flower crown

icklebrina wrote:
They also deleted felucca's 'lol bye gg' post, which is a mixture of hilarious and ridiculous :roll:
I saw that as well....surprised they left up jaej's and karma_yeah's.
angrymob
hobbit hair

It's funny that they are going through so much trouble to hide the link to the site, because I didn't even find this site on GG, but instead from searching GG on Tumblr to see when it might be back up and finding someone's Tumblr with a link here. Eventually people will be confused why a forum that used to be so active is suddenly dead and go searching for answers.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Feluccas last post on GG was the best one, lucky I have a screenshot and I want to make it my avatar for a week
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

missemma wrote:Feluccas last post on GG was the best one, lucky I have a screenshot and I want to make it my avatar for a week
i went to thank your post and ...oh, that's the only thing we're lacking, it's a shame it can't be added
i think we should make it the forum's header thingy for a week, it definitely deserves it
angrymob
hobbit hair

Something like this? someone please take photoshop away from me when I'm bored.

DryCereal
koi pond

All of this...
I've gone back to radio silence over there. Not that there's much to lurk over...! Also at the mods there picking up on what we here were referring to GG as over the weekend. Sore, are we?!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

For the committee's consideration.