Re: What happened to GG?

alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

scientia wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 am So this is completely random and I doubt anyone will actually see this, but as someone who is still fairly new to personality forums (IDB was the first I've ever followed/joined), I really wonder why people still go to and use GG? I can see there is a lot of history so I hope I'm not stirring up drama when I say that it doesn't make sense to me why people would stay (and continue to join) GG when IDB is here. Is it just that GG has so many boards for various online personalities? Is it a mentality that only GG offers? Or do those people who have joined recently not know about IDB? I just spent an hour going through old posts and man...even when IDBers become critical of DnP it doesn't seem to reach the same levels of toxicity. It's still interesting to look back at how things were in the past tho :shrug:
Someone on the GG thread actually brought us up on Monday! They said:
head over to the first link when you google "Dan and Phil forum", a lot of GG phans migrated there and threads move fast as usual. Too fast for me to keep up with
I'd guess that a lot of people haven't heard of IDB, but this person (and probably more) says they can't keep up with the speed of the threads here.
scientia
phabergé

alch wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:14 pm
scientia wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 am So this is completely random and I doubt anyone will actually see this, but as someone who is still fairly new to personality forums (IDB was the first I've ever followed/joined), I really wonder why people still go to and use GG? I can see there is a lot of history so I hope I'm not stirring up drama when I say that it doesn't make sense to me why people would stay (and continue to join) GG when IDB is here. Is it just that GG has so many boards for various online personalities? Is it a mentality that only GG offers? Or do those people who have joined recently not know about IDB? I just spent an hour going through old posts and man...even when IDBers become critical of DnP it doesn't seem to reach the same levels of toxicity. It's still interesting to look back at how things were in the past tho :shrug:
head over to the first link when you google "Dan and Phil forum", a lot of GG phans migrated there and threads move fast as usual. Too fast for me to keep up with
I'd guess that a lot of people haven't heard of IDB, but this person (and probably more) says they can't keep up with the speed of the threads here.
Ahhh, okay. Thank you!!
alch
ar·tic·u·late

alch wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:14 pm
They've kept talking about us, so I figure I should flesh out my answer a little more.
I'm going to try not to let my own thoughts on this matter bias what I'm saying, so I'll just quote them.
QueenParis wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
QueenParis wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
cheeringphil wrote:damn, those forum had me cringe
Yeah, as someone who used to go on that site, I wouldn't suggest it if you want constructive criticism of Dan and Phil.
Ngl I lurk there when I want to have a good laugh, it’s mean but it really is cringy as all hell there.
I remember the time someone said that people wanting them to play more serious games was elitist, ableist, and sexist. You can't even make this stuff up.
:rofl: good lord how would that even factor into video games?!

One thing that never fails to crack me up is the near constant ping ponging between “this is creepy and weird, this doesn’t feel appropriate” To “I’m ~just~ curious about _____ it’s normal they’re e celebs”

Side note, Phils eyebrows are literally one of the worst things about his entire look, darken them or dye your hair a matching shade buddy it’s ugly af
anyway, mostly just they find us too cringey. oh well.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

ngl i do often find the discussion here is really extra (the 'more serious games' convo always has me rolling my eyes) and sometimes gets really weird but you know what? it's super easy to scroll past and wait until there's a topic you like. no need to bitch over on gg just because you used to hang out here and think gg is so much more grown up and critical when it's really just full of immature elitist dicks who often think mindless complaining counts as concrit. get over yourselves. it's okay to like things.

i do find it hilarious that that user moved from here to gg. congrats, you played yourself. have fun in that circlejerk. you're not missed.
scientia
phabergé

:roll:

That's pretty much how I feel about that. Guess I'd rather looks at cringey things than toxic things :tu:

Thanks!
onetruetrash
blobfish

I knew I'd come up again eventually
Susannah wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:20 am ngl i do often find the discussion here is really extra (the 'more serious games' convo always has me rolling my eyes) and sometimes gets really weird but you know what? it's super easy to scroll past and wait until there's a topic you like. no need to bitch over on gg just because you used to hang out here and think gg is so much more grown up and critical when it's really just full of immature elitist dicks who often think mindless complaining counts as concrit. get over yourselves. it's okay to like things.

i do find it hilarious that that user moved from here to gg. congrats, you played yourself. have fun in that circlejerk. you're not missed.
The reason I moved over there is because there are too many people (not everyone, mind you) that worship Dan and Phil on here and what I really wanted to do was discuss the flaws of Dan and Phil, so this site was obviously not the site for me. Also near the end of my time here, I just generally didn't find the discussions very interesting. I would often find myself scrolling past the posts on here, but the discussions on GG were about things I actually cared about.

You see, this is exactly why I left. Whenever you stray from the norm, you're met with people who just make up shit because surely no one could have a different opinion without being "immature elitist dicks".
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Moderator note:

This thread exists to discuss the origin of IDB and the reasons we moved away from that website to begin with.

Given that by this point that purpose has been fulfilled and the history has been well established and preserved, and how the conversation has deviated from that purpose, I am locking the thread.