Re: What happened to GG?

corn flakes
moon room

I was about to post how the site made obligatory to login only for the nnytguru categoria...but now it's avaible to lurking (even deppy)? the strange thing is that the a-z nonguru categoria isn't...I don't understand, did they realize they lost valuable data or what?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
angrymob
hobbit hair

corn flakes wrote:I was about to post how the site made obligatory to login only for the nnytguru categoria...but now it's avaible to lurking (even deppy)? the strange thing is that the a-z nonguru categoria isn't...I don't understand, did they realize they lost valuable data or what?
I'm thinking they must have realized that making it login only causes them to lose a bit of their userbase, increases the spam because everyone is making pointless posts just to be able to read the forums, and their site performance was actually worse when they did that, surprise surprise, login requests are actually harder on servers than viewing requests.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

angrymob wrote: I'm thinking they must have realized that making it login only causes them to lose a bit of their userbase, increases the spam because everyone is making pointless posts just to be able to read the forums, and their site performance was actually worse when they did that, surprise surprise, login requests are actually harder on servers than viewing requests.
You know...

When I think of GG, the phrase "common sense" is the last thing that pops into my mind.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

corn flakes
moon room

Anonymousse wrote:
angrymob wrote: I'm thinking they must have realized that making it login only causes them to lose a bit of their userbase, increases the spam because everyone is making pointless posts just to be able to read the forums, and their site performance was actually worse when they did that, surprise surprise, login requests are actually harder on servers than viewing requests.
You know...

When I think of GG, the phrase "common sense" is the last thing that pops into my mind.
I agree with everything...but still why it seems that not all threads are avaible without login? and they also don't seem to be popular ones...everytime I'm more amazed by how the site is managed
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

corn flakes wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:
You know...

I agree with everything...but still why it seems that not all threads are avaible without login? and they also don't seem to be popular ones...everytime I'm more amazed by how the site is managed
My reaction: :confused:
Love is forever
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Every time I log in just to creep and see what's up over there, I am met with 9 years of lag and site errors and I remember that the mod drama isn't the only reason I praise the ButterSlammers for this site.
aralik
sad dimple

i can lurk in the d&p forum on tapatalk and literally the last 3 messages are from sweetmm, the last being "test" :tumbleweed rolling:
ugh.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

aralik wrote:i can lurk in the d&p forum on tapatalk and literally the last 3 messages are from sweetmm, the last being "test" :tumbleweed rolling:
A few that posted got deleted by mod as they were asking where is everyone :?
human
dan hand trash

Why delete those posts? There's just no sense in doing that. They aren't breaking any other rules besides the staff can delete or edit any posts they want thing.
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

human wrote:Why delete those posts? There's just no sense in doing that. They aren't breaking any other rules besides the staff can delete or edit any posts they want thing.
Probably because the mods know that when people ask where everyone is, a) it makes the casual observer realize there was an exodus and b) it alerts us to people that haven't left yet, and they know we've been PMing people with info.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

aralik wrote:i can lurk in the d&p forum on tapatalk and literally the last 3 messages are from sweetmm, the last being "test" :tumbleweed rolling:
You've inspired me.
busy being happy~
aralik
sad dimple

oqua wrote:
You've inspired me.
:clapping: i'm honored! hihi :yippee:
it is a perfect description of the place that shall not be named actually :lol:
i hope all the lurkers there and posters whose posts were removed are able to make their way over here!
ugh.
jhamba
procrastinator

Moderator Action :
moved thread to general subforum
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
kiro56
tol bean

I find it puzzling that users were unjustly banned for having multiple accounts, when they didn't. I had three different accounts that I posted on, and I was never banned!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

kiro56 wrote:I find it puzzling that users were unjustly banned for having multiple accounts, when they didn't. I had three different accounts that I posted on, and I was never banned!
Now you made me curious

I wonder what happened with Turnip...was his/her/their real identity ever found out?
daphenaxa
blobfish

kiro56 wrote:I find it puzzling that users were unjustly banned for having multiple accounts, when they didn't. I had three different accounts that I posted on, and I was never banned!
was that to protect yourself against government scanning of your data??
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Do you have irresputible poof of these accusations?

Welcome back.
sad dimple
smol bean

I went to GG today to lurk for the first time in ages and was confronted with this error message:

"You have been permanently banned from this board, a ban has been issued on your IP address"

I had an account, but literally only posted once sometime last year

They really do have a vendetta against Dan and Phil fans don't they!? I think it's weird and creepy tbh
DryCereal
koi pond

sad dimple wrote:I went to GG today to lurk for the first time in ages and was confronted with this error message:

"You have been permanently banned from this board, a ban has been issued on your IP address"

I had an account, but literally only posted once sometime last year

They really do have a vendetta against Dan and Phil fans don't they!? I think it's weird and creepy tbh
Not much can have happened, they're still on "Momisnotonfire & AmazingDaddy"
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I was just on gigi for the first time in weeks to see if there's people i need to tell about IDB to see what's going on and
1) it's incredibly empty! They couldn't have moved more than a few pages since we left and IDB is already on THREAD 11. So yeah, nobody who can't access it is missing out on anything.
2) The few new posts are remarkably negative (and it feels like illegal is pushing it in that direction, but that might just be me). In all the months (or i think over a year) that i've been posting there, it has never been so negative. It makes me happy that a more positive place like IDB is doing so much better.

But illegal seems to be loving it and we are all happy here, so i guess all's well that ends well :lol:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

wtfamidoinghere wrote:2) The few new posts are remarkably negative (and it feels like illegal is pushing it in that direction, but that might just be me). In all the months (or i think over a year) that i've been posting there, it has never been so negative. It makes me happy that a more positive place like IDB is doing so much better.
Not just you. Funny that the GG thread is like the rest of GG now that everyone left. Only the negative people are still there ing over the same old critiques.
DryCereal
koi pond

spider wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote:2) The few new posts are remarkably negative (and it feels like illegal is pushing it in that direction, but that might just be me). In all the months (or i think over a year) that i've been posting there, it has never been so negative. It makes me happy that a more positive place like IDB is doing so much better.
Not just you. Funny that the GG thread is like the rest of GG now that everyone left. Only the negative people are still there ing over the same old critiques.
Yuuup. Oh dear, never mind.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
spider wrote:
Yuuup. Oh dear, never mind.
Just checked, it's basically a monologue from a certain someone with a random negative user appearance. You reap what you sow, I guess
eevee
emo goose

I thought illegal was being really negative but I wasn't quite sure...really confusing if you ask me, I'm glad people invited me over here, much more positive! Question...is illegal not allowed here? jw?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
SquishPhan
capita£ester

eevee wrote:I thought illegal was being really negative but I wasn't quite sure...really confusing if you ask me, I'm glad people invited me over here, much more positive! Question...is illegal not allowed here? jw?
illegal was invited, but didn't want to join.