Eurovision Chat

Poe
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Anonymousse wrote:I'm sorry that the chat turned into gay/politics talk ='D.

Loved y'all
Well that's not a necesarelly bad thing. It just deepened the connections between everyone
PolarFox
truth bomb

It was fun guys.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
daphenaxa
blobfish

it was great!!!! we should do chats for other stuffs! like the olympics or something
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

smarties wrote:He doesn't know yet, but he totally got the first 3 even in order!!! :o
Dan you never fail to surprise me! :D
He would give points to Ukraine!? Oh dear Dan, she was awful.

Glad you all had fun in the chat, I tried to join but it wouldn't load, boo!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

missemma wrote:
Glad you all had fun in the chat, I tried to join but it wouldn't load, boo!
:(

guys since this edition was so dull, I went on a youtube to watch the old gems. My favs:

If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I didn't remember how hilarious were those participants daphenaxa Special place in my Euroheart for these as well:

Poland 2014 (NSFW?)

Spain 2008.

hunnyftw
phabergé

daphenaxa wrote:
Omg, I totally forgot about that! Now I really really want it to be the 2017 opening number when Ukraine is hosting :lol:

I'm totally bummed that I didn't get to join you in the chat, it seems like loads of fun. Next time I'll be there!

Ukraine definitely wasn't your typical Eurovision song but I thought it was amazing! The singer has an incredible voice and I really felt her emotions. At the same time she managed to control her high notes and avoided wild undisciplined screaming, unlike some coughAustraliacough fight me, missemma ;)
grazieninseenot
smol bean

Ticia wrote:I didn't remember how hilarious were those participants daphenaxa Special place in my Euroheart for these as well:

Poland 2014 (NSFW?)

That happened shortly after I realised I was gay and i was so uncomfortable/confused during that whole performance.

While I'm at it, these are also great:

A bunch of icelandic teachers singing about prejudice and equality, what more could you want?

and a french song about a guy who has everything he wants except a mustache he cannot grow.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I missed the good old days where they made me physically roll with laughter I even enjoyed Jedward's Lipstick :lol:
Ticia
suspended

sweetmm wrote:I missed the good old days where they made me physically roll with laughter I even enjoyed Jedward's Lipstick :lol:
It was 5 years ago, suddenly I feel really really old :cry:

Jedward are essentially a pair of twins that some scientist created in a lab for the sole purpose of competing in Eurovision
Edit: OF COURSE this happened
DryCereal
koi pond

Seems Pewds has recovered from last night...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Lucet
spork

Ukraine's song was deeply emotional, but I loved it. Voted for them.

Talking about the trolls, I believe Silvia Night was the biggest troll Eurovision experienced. I loved loved loved it. Well, 2006 was the year of Eurovision with Lordi, Silvia Night, LT United . I never heard to much booing before :lol:

Verka Serduchka followed and then Dustin the Turkey (2008) came on stage.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

OMG YES, Silvia Night, I was like 12? at the time and thought it was totally true what they said about Silvia. "Bought her way to Eurovision, rich dad" then I found out it was all a hoax (years later) .

Best thing to come out of the Silvia Night ordeal
Trigger Warning :
Some high class swearing
ESP @ 0:22 LAWL.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Ticia
suspended

It's the first time I hear about Silvia Night, what was the drama with her? Besides that horrendous song
Anonymousse
flower crown

Ticia wrote:It's the first time I hear about Silvia Night, what was the drama with her? Besides that horrendous song
Basically she was an actress in a TV show where she played a ... "bimbo" called Silvia Night, who portrayed the worst characteristics of someone who is a child of a millionaire.

Icelanders got the joke and voted for her, the rest of Europe basically had no idea (this was back in '06) and they were shocked by her attitude, cockiness and the fact that she "bought her way through eurovision". Finished last, cost money, but was the best troll on eurovision to date.

Wikipedia Page

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Last time Ukraine won (in 2004 apparently, which I now realize is a long ass time ago) their song was pretty epic, but this year... not my cup of tea I guess. Can't beat Ruslana and her Xena Warrior Princess outfit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ticia
suspended

Anonymousse wrote:
Ticia wrote:It's the first time I hear about Silvia Night, what was the drama with her? Besides that horrendous song
Basically she was an actress in a TV show where she played a ... "bimbo" called Silvia Night, who portrayed the worst characteristics of someone who is a child of a millionaire.

Icelanders got the joke and voted for her, the rest of Europe basically had no idea (this was back in '06) and they were shocked by her attitude, cockiness and the fact that she "bought her way through eurovision". Finished last, cost money, but was the best troll on eurovision to date.

Wikipedia Page
Oh dear, that makes way more sense It happened the exact same thing with the Spanish participation I posted before. Chikilicuatre was a popular alter ego, he made that song as a sketch in a TV programe, and trolling the national round for Eurovision got out of hand Surprisingly, he got the best position in years for Spain.
DryCereal
koi pond

Brilliant.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
l8er_sk8er
delia smith

Looking back at all this amazing songs from the past years makes me a little bit sad. Eurovision lost its trash charm and become just boring song competition show. Even Graham was very tame yesterday.
I think a lot of this competitors get place in the final show because there was the rule that everyone who won 1-10 places year before automaticaly get into final next year. And the artist have been choosen by the public not the jury. Nowdays it is too polished.
This buzzfeed twitter bants is too good.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Seems Pewds has recovered from last night...
Bless your salty little Swedish heart, Felix. :D Enough salt to rival a box of salmiak. I was also disappointed with this year's Eurovision, so here are some of my faves from previous years. (How could you comment on Eurovision sober this year, Graham? :( This is not what I signed up for.)

Greek alcoholics

Gay falsetto vampire

The Queen herself, Conchita Wurst :D

{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

They really need to make the contestants bad and crazy again, that is Eurovision.
Anonymousse
flower crown

Hello there!

We are going to watch Eurovision together again on our Slack teams, #Eurovision chatroom.

If you want to join, DM me!

- Manged