Fashion Thread

eevee
emo goose

From fancy night out to everyday wear, let's discuss fashion!

Anyone looking for fashion advice or who'd like to share their day-to-day fashion can come here!

On a regular day in the summer (no work) I wear Victoria's Secret Pink leggings (in black, grey, or maroon) and a tank top. Booooring. I'm trying to find more dresses to wear and cute tops with jeans. I want to look nice!!

Where do you guys shop and what do you guys wear?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I am the least fashion-y person ever, but I do love this thread existing so I can ask: where do people buy jeans at? Do more expensive ones actually last longer or is the price markup mostly for brand name value?
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:I am the least fashion-y person ever, but I do love this thread existing so I can ask: where do people buy jeans at? Do more expensive ones actually last longer or is the price markup mostly for brand name value?
Hi Dizzy! I personally buy my jeans (this is gonna be embarassing) at Hollister. I buy them when they have $25 jean sales and they last me a pretty long time! I used to buy Bullhead at Pac Sun when they had similar sales but the quality has gone downhill. Although Hollister is kinda a teeny bopper store I really like their jean quality!

I'm interested in what other people say though!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bluebox-away
woodland creature

eevee wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:I am the least fashion-y person ever, but I do love this thread existing so I can ask: where do people buy jeans at? Do more expensive ones actually last longer or is the price markup mostly for brand name value?
Hi Dizzy! I personally buy my jeans (this is gonna be embarassing) at Hollister. I buy them when they have $25 jean sales and they last me a pretty long time! I used to buy Bullhead at Pac Sun when they had similar sales but the quality has gone downhill. Although Hollister is kinda a teeny bopper store I really like their jean quality!

Surprisingly, +1 for Hollister jeans here. They're the only jeans I've bought the last 3-4 years and I love them. They do a bunch of different styles and I just think they fit great and last decently well, although I do think the 'super stretchy' jegging ones don't last as well as their proper denim jeans.
I also generally like to dig through the sale pile at the back of the store for cute tops and dresses :) Literally like 80% of my wardrobe is Hollister even though I'm definitely older than their target market
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I'm a cheap but lucky bastard that buys her jeans on Stradivarius / Bershka / Any other Inditex shop for 19,95.-€ and they all have lasted for years. Most of my wardrobe is Zara, though.
corn flakes
moon room

I'm gonna assume we are only talking about summer clothes: I live near the sea so I don't wear jeans or leggings except for when I have to go to uni or to some sort of intership. For everyday is shorts, skirts or dresses. I like my clothes to be simple but with some little details that makes them "unique" not plain but not something I would have a hard time trying to match.
I buy in sales from zara but for everything else I go around to little shops here or stradivarius or to the market, not from the internet ,as I have to try on before .
For jeans also zara/stradivarius/, nothing high brand, they usually last me 3/4 years, for me it's okay as usually that's the time in which I get bored with them and if it's not some winter thing I refuse to spend more than 25 bucks.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
eevee
emo goose

What are y'alls favorites places to shop? I see Zara is a popular choice! Others?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bluebox-away wrote:
eevee wrote:

Surprisingly, +1 for Hollister jeans here. They're the only jeans I've bought the last 3-4 years and I love them. They do a bunch of different styles and I just think they fit great and last decently well, although I do think the 'super stretchy' jegging ones don't last as well as their proper denim jeans.
Huh, wow - I don't think I've ever even been in Hollister, I think I just assumed they'd be way too expensive. $25 sounds good though - I'm gonna have to watch for those, thanks!
eevee
emo goose

No problem Dizzy

Anyone have favorite fashion blogs or YTers?
bear
hobbit hair

I don't really watch fashion youtubers/go on blogs but I'm in love with making things and obscuring trends. I'm always excited for what's next. I made a shirt at this fashion class that was actually decent, so I'm pretty proud for that.
I actually love the overall trend, where do people get cute above the knee overalls? Thanks.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

ooohhh bear if you're into sewing i suggest you watch Annika Victoria, she does really good tutorials.
bear
hobbit hair

fancy_nancy wrote:ooohhh bear if you're into sewing i suggest you watch Annika Victoria, she does really good tutorials.
Thanks for the recomation!
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Loving this thread.

Personally, I have a very hard time buying jeans as I have incredibly long legs, but I am very slim. This means that most jeans are either long enough but huge, or small enough but far too short :roll:

I've had the best luck with jeans from American Eagle and H & M. H & M is especially great as it doesn't break the bank.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
human
dan hand trash

I haven't worn proper jeans in like, 6 years; jeggings are where it's at! Jeans are just so awful, and thick, and always cut me up the crotch and I just can't stand them. I only ever buy longer leg jeggings from Next in the UK, because I find the sizing is true and I can pick up any in my size with longer leg and they'll be perfect. I wouldn't waste money on proper denim again tbh, so uncomfortable.

Most of the time I only ever used to buy jeans as there's very little else out there for women that is a casual, versatile trouser which comes in various fits. Besides a black work trouser (black trousers will always scream work to me and not clothes I want to wear by choice lol) then there's just nothing. I don't wear dresses or skirts either but I feel quite content with my 4ish pairs of jeggings; I usually have a very dark wash, a black, a khaki and then a lighter blue denim. Then I usually refresh my jeggings every other summer or so, keeping hold of just one of the really battered pairs to wear on flights or in hotels in the evening or whatever.

When I'm home, I literally wear pjs and that's it haha.
eevee
emo goose

Yeah, I wear leggings 6 days out of the week, basically. I work two jobs but the more professional one doesn't allow leggings. (Actually, they have no dress code, but in order to look professional I wear jeans and a nice top rather than leggings). So over the summer I was doing that job full time so I bought a bunch of jeans. Then I went to my childhood house and found even more jeans. Now I have way too many jeans, and all I wear is leggings! Oops. Maybe in the winter I will wear the jeans more because they're warmer!

I don't really like wearing dresses or shorts. 99% could be due to the fact that I got a tattoo on my thigh and hid it from my dad. So I had to wear long pants at all times when I was around him, which was a lot. So I kinda got really used to the long pants, and even tho I lived away from him after that, I still felt most comfortable with long pants. Now I only wear shorts or a dress to go out to the club or a nice dinner with someone, because I feel oddly exposed if I wear them on a normal day. Weird!!

I like to get dressed in the morning so I don't normally hang around the apartment in pajamas, but I do always wear leggings, so my clothes are still pretty comfortable haha.

I need to buy new sweaters: anyone have a recommendation of where has good sweaters that won't break the bank? i was thinking forever 21 and h&m basically....
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

eevee wrote:What are y'alls favorites places to shop? I see Zara is a popular choice! Others?
I usually shop at h&m, forever21, zara and dynamite for clothing. I shop for makeup at nyx and sometimes sephora or just from shoppers (a grocery store/pharmacy type store).

:)
gay :prideflag:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

anenergetic wrote:
eevee wrote:What are y'alls favorites places to shop? I see Zara is a popular choice! Others?
I usually shop at h&m, forever21, zara and dynamite for clothing. I shop for makeup at nyx and sometimes sephora or just from shoppers (a grocery store/pharmacy type store).

:)
I'm from the UK and usually for me it's H&M, Primark, New Look and that's about it for when i'm going into town. Online I like Disturbia, Asos, Pull and Bear. Anything monochrome or dark coloured is cool with me. (Don't know how I will survive the summer tbh, I've gained the label 'gothic' which is not completely true but there we are.) I do constantly feel like I'm going to set alight when I'm outside. I don't know how Dan does it. Commitment.
:biflag: :blackheart:
eevee
emo goose

H&M and Forever 21 are definitely staples! Lately I've been having a bit of a disconnect with them regarding my fashion preferences but luckily i dont need a lot of new clothes, haha!

I got lots of spring/summer tops at Francesca's recently to get more color/floral into my wardrobe. I also like Brandy Melville a little more now since it seems like their prices are more affordable!

I do a lot of dark colors too, lishachi! It's just so comforting to wear black in my opinion...also always trendy, haha!

For my recent trip to anaheim and LA, I pretty much used all my brain power to craft fashion-forward outfits every day of my trip. I'm pretty proud with what I was able to scrounge up! It's kinda inspiring me to organize my clothing collection and see what else I can make. But then again...I'm lazy!! I also want to find some LA fashion bloggers to help me out...
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

oooo boi. uhm. my fashion sense is a wide variety. there are a /lot/ of fashion things i'd absolutely love to get into, but i don't think i'd fit those sort of clothes or anything. in idea they seem cute or whatever but idk if i'd actually look good with them.

my legit fashion sense i wear when i go out:
a regular t-shirt. usually has cool designs on them, i have a lot of shirts from different fandoms like my little pony, rick and morty, 5sos, other emo bands... etc
a pair of jeans (dark, light or ripped, esp ripped)

i really really want to wear pastel type clothes though or at least some slightly more brighter colours, as my wardrobe right now consists mostly of freakin black t-shirts lmao. oops. i also would die if i ever got overalls and some cute stockings to go with it aaaa

but yeah uh. i'm not,, too fashionable. i just wear whatever. i never ever wear shorts or skirts. i only wear dresses in that category but only when i absolutely have to, or if it has a design on it i'm interested in.
:transheart: