General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
idontreallyknow
spork
Pronouns: she/her

swofro
Thank you! I was so scared it was a mess and no one would understand it
If it's possible for you to go, I'd definitely recommend it, but it did probably give me major hearing damage. :D

majitzu
Last edited by idontreallyknow on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
majitzu
angel bean

Thanks, thanks thanks!

I'm living throw every one experiences so this was beautiful.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

idontreallyknow wrote:Finally writing a review the Ft. Lauderdale TATINOF :D
(It's going to have details and spoilers)
Thanks for this heartfelt review
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

idontreallyknow thank you!!! reading your review was lovely
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amazing review - thank you SO much, idontreallyknow!
idontreallyknow
spork

Thank YOU guys so much! I'm internally dying at all these amazing people responding to my post
fancybum
senpai

Thank you for the review (but also nooo it just makes me more sad I'll never go :shakingfist:)!!! I'm really glad you had such a great time aahhh

But can you explain this bit:
idontreallyknow wrote:1. When they had the audience to a 7sc together before they did theirs, Phil look at the top of the theater and went "Top row, you're on Phil watch" and Dan looked like he almost was going to laugh and let Phil keep talking, but the way Phil said it (obvious reference) made me just think "Did he just say that..."
I feel out of the loop because I don't get it... In my defence, I've had a long day. help.
and it's going to be really obvious isn't it oh no
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

idontreallyknow, your review gave me feelings.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
crash[]
butt chair

fancybum wrote:
idontreallyknow wrote:1. When they had the audience to a 7sc together before they did theirs, Phil look at the top of the theater and went "Top row, you're on Phil watch" and Dan looked like he almost was going to laugh and let Phil keep talking, but the way Phil said it (obvious reference) made me just think "Did he just say that..."
I feel out of the loop because I don't get it... In my defence, I've had a long day. help.
Bolded.

It took me a minute to understand too. Was that even intentional? I'll just believe it was.

P.S: Really enjoyed reading your review idontreallyknow, I'll have you know I'm living vicariously through it. :D
Last edited by crash[] on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetmm
angel bean

fancybum wrote:Thank you for the review (but also nooo it just makes me more sad I'll never go :shakingfist:)!!! I'm really glad you had such a great time aahhh

But can you explain this bit:
At first I did not too; but now when I read it here maybe it is reference to the
Top/Bottom reference
oops crash answered/confirmed
fancybum
senpai

Ohhhh ok thanks guys.

meh, I'm going to believe it wasn't an intentional reference because I don't love that 'joke'..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
blueapple_x
flower crown

Thanks for the review idontreallyknow!!

For the magic show segment, did Phil do the trick with the ribena? I wonder if the magic show changes slightly between some of the US shows.
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

Thanks so much for the review idontreallyknow, it was especially interesting to hear about the different magic tricks Phil's doing, I'd been really curious about that! Dan's dad references sound hilarious, it reminded me of Harry Styles constantly appealing to dads in the audience, I hope that becomes a running thing.
idontreallyknow wrote: 2.Phil came back and they did the 7sc: One challenge submitted was for Phil to sing the intro to toxic a couple times and after he finished Dan said "That's like hearing Phil sing in the shower every morning" as a joke, but then they both paused and looked at each other and Dan looked kind of panicked and said "Hahaha that came out wrong huh?" and switched topics really fast.
I found this especially funny b/c it really doesn't sound anything other than an innocent, natural side effect of sharing a house and now tour bus to me! So what exactly is less platonic/appropriate about it in their minds...
idontreallyknow wrote:
-Crafty Corner
-Some girl made a "Phanart Popup book" and it was "Unbelievably Censored"
The popart book is part of the show structure, not something someone made and submitted on the night. I was kind of annoyed at the thought that someone had submitted that after my first show, but thankfully not!
i'm not 100% sure of spoiler policy in here, hope this is okay!
idontreallyknow
spork

blueapple_x wrote:Thanks for the review idontreallyknow!!

For the magic show segment, did Phil do the trick with the ribena? I wonder if the magic show changes slightly between some of the US shows.
Yes! He did the Ribena trick!
Here's a list of all the ones I remember:
-pulling string from his mouth
-he did something with a wand
-bowling ball/sketch pad
-when Dan looked in the box he said "why is there a dead rabbit in here?" Not a trick but it made me
-Phil put Dan in the box and made his legs turn into llama legs
For those who went, tell me if he changed any of the because I do remember him saying he changed his segment I think?

Regarding the top thing: I feel like it wasn't in the script for some reason, even though it probably was, because I can't really imagine them deliberately writing it in? I'm not really sure, it just felt weird. (I might've thought it was just an accident but Dan looked like he almost laughed which made me think it wasn't?)

Thank you everyone for being so nice and amazing :D
kay
phabergé

idontreallyknow thanks for your great review, I just got so excited for it! Just based on your summaries, god, there's going to be so many parts I'm going to be absolute about.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

So I came out of the Phan closet to my husband yesterday. :o
They had been my guilty secret but after reading all the enthusiastic TATINOF reviews I decided I need to go! I haven't bought tickets yet because I'm a bit disabled and we have kids and no babysitter as yet but hubby is going to help me to figure something out. :D
It will be Mothers' day weekend here so I told him it was what I wanted for a Mothers' day present.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
DryCereal
koi pond

You should definitely go!! Also congrats on being out and proud! :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

IckleMissMayhem wrote:You should definitely go!! Also congrats on being out and proud! :D
Well I'm out anyway. Not so sure about the proud. :lol: Thanks though!
He didn't laugh at me so that's something. I asked my sister-in-law if she would consider going with me and she DID laugh at me :sideeye: but she might go anyway.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Good one you bluntedclaws. I'm hoping you'll get to go and have a great time.
Philena
blobfish

Okay, bluntedclaws, I completely understand. I have not told a soul irl of my phan obsession. There will be literally 4 TATINOF shows with a 2 hour drive from me, but I'm too much of a wuss to arrange babysitting for my secret addiction. I am a bisexual atheist in a conservative area, yet being a part of the phandom is my real secret.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Philena wrote:Okay, bluntedclaws, I completely understand. I have not told a soul irl of my phan obsession. There will be literally 4 TATINOF shows with a 2 hour drive from me, but I'm too much of a wuss to arrange babysitting for my secret addiction. I am a bisexual atheist in a conservative area, yet being a part of the phandom is my real secret.

I feel for you! coming out turned out OK for me...it might be OK for you too. A choice of four dates is too good an opportunity to waste imo! Alternatively, just don't tell the babysitter what show you're going to. Just let them assume it's something really highbrow. ;)
corn flakes
moon room

Gonna intrude as always: just saw on tumblr that tweet of 05/04/2016 from in which they claimed to be injuried by a gigant during the rehersals....for those that saw the show what role has it?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
FiveyWho
tol bean

corn flakes wrote:Gonna intrude as always: just saw on tumblr that tweet of 05/04/2016 from in which they claimed to be injuried by a gigant during the rehersals....for those that saw the show what role has it?
I think that the injuries actually weren't relating to the cactus at all. It looked more like there was something scratchy on the inside of their bowties. The only cactus was about knee high and just stayed in the corner. I mean I think Dan and Phil touched it once, but that was about it
Philena
blobfish

bluntedclaws wrote:
Philena wrote:Okay, bluntedclaws, I completely understand. I have not told a soul irl of my phan obsession. There will be literally 4 TATINOF shows with a 2 hour drive from me, but I'm too much of a wuss to arrange babysitting for my secret addiction. I am a bisexual atheist in a conservative area, yet being a part of the phandom is my real secret.

I feel for you! coming out turned out OK for me...it might be OK for you too. A choice of four dates is too good an opportunity to waste imo! Alternatively, just don't tell the babysitter what show you're going to. Just let them assume it's something really highbrow. ;)
Aw, still considering, but I'd be more interested if I knew anyone my age who would tag along.
Can't wait to hear your review, bluntedclaws!
blueapple_x
flower crown

bluntedclaws wrote:So I came out of the Phan closet to my husband yesterday. :o
They had been my guilty secret but after reading all the enthusiastic TATINOF reviews I decided I need to go! I haven't bought tickets yet because I'm a bit disabled and we have kids and no babysitter as yet but hubby is going to help me to figure something out. :D
It will be Mothers' day weekend here so I told him it was what I wanted for a Mothers' day present.
I'm glad you decided to go! It's also good because now I won't be the only Toronto rep for tatinof here to write a review lol. Have you bought your tickets yet?