General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

annetamiau wrote: I'm strangely excited for the USA tour to start, mainly for the anecdotes and stories of the fans. I can't believe how much my opinions on this have changed in about a year. It's like a 180 degrees change. Seriously what's wrong with me?
Same here. I mean when the UK tour was announced I will admit I was one of the first to be like WTF is this and how could they etc etc but I ended up going to see the show 5 times, I'm going to NYC to see it and I will be going to a date in Europe when they announce some because it is that good a show :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
majitzu
angel bean

missemma wrote:
annetamiau wrote: I'm strangely excited for the USA tour to start, mainly for the anecdotes and stories of the fans. I can't believe how much my opinions on this have changed in about a year. It's like a 180 degrees change. Seriously what's wrong with me?
Same here. I mean when the UK tour was announced I will admit I was one of the first to be like WTF is this and how could they etc etc but I ended up going to see the show 5 times, I'm going to NYC to see it and I will be going to a date in Europe when they announce some because it is that good a show :)

The truth is that missemma is in the 100 Dan and Phil trash top... I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous... I love my country but sometimes I wish I lived in a "1st world country"
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

^ so true, I am.

Just found a photo spoiler from the uk tour just to get you guys in the mood for today:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
human
dan hand trash

Awwww I remember I went to the 1st Halloween show and when someone asked me what their costumes were and I told them lol nobody believed me that Dan was Shrek. Hahaha.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Tour merch. It is different to the UK one! I like it a lot. I hope they put it on the shop like the UK stuff.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
blueapple_x
flower crown

I've noticed that quite a lot of fans are reselling tickets for tatinof. Some at lower prices than they purchased them for. I wonder if it's possible that that many people jumped the gun and bought tickets before they realized they couldn't even attend.

Just an interesting observation for me. I guess this happens all the time and I'm just not a person who usually goes to concerts and shows.
phamnotof
morning quiff

TATINOF updates from Twitter:

1) people are singing and very whiskered up

2) everyone appears to be Hyped™ & people are being sour about it

3) a small-ish youtuber called CraftThatFrank allegedly skipped the line & is having an improvised meet-and-greet within the TATINOF line (which might just mean talking to people who’ve approached him, but you know, Twitter) and it’s disrupted the line

4) a few people were talking about someone having a 'phan is real' sign, but I hope to god that's not true

-> basically, everything is drama and nothing else matters
jess
living flop

Thanks Kathrynxjane! If anyone comes across more merch photos, please share.
sweetmm
angel bean

blueapple_x wrote:I've noticed that quite a lot of fans are reselling tickets for tatinof. Some at lower prices than they purchased them for. I wonder if it's possible that that many people jumped the gun and bought tickets before they realized they couldn't even attend.

Just an interesting observation for me. I guess this happens all the time and I'm just not a person who usually goes to concerts and shows.
Could also be some people managed to get their hands on free tickets (sometimes there are certain number of tickets held on by venue or given to tour management etc.)
blueapple_x
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:I've noticed that quite a lot of fans are reselling tickets for tatinof. Some at lower prices than they purchased them for. I wonder if it's possible that that many people jumped the gun and bought tickets before they realized they couldn't even attend.

Could also be some people managed to get their hands on free tickets (sometimes there are certain number of tickets held on by venue or given to tour management etc.)
That's totally possible! It just seemed like an excessive number of people though. How annoying for people who weren't able to purchase tickets in time.
2old4thisshite
squish

Phil fell off the stage. I love him so much
Aurdie
spork

That's totally what happened with us. My husband and I simultaneously tried to get tickets for Chicago & Milwaukee; he got great seats (both shows in the first 10 rows) and then I got VIP (my phone was faster than his laptop, I guess). So, we'll try to sell the non-VIP tickets at face value sometime before the show. Probably end up giving them away, though. So, yeah, I think your supposition is correct..just overzealous fans.
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
smarties
glabella

For the snapchatters around here, I suggest you to follow tatinofhelp.

For every show of the tour, there will be a person in charge of the account to share some moments of the pre and post show.

Since I know I will probably never see the show, it's nice to "taste"at least the atmosphere through some snaps.
blueapple_x
flower crown

^^ Do you know if they're affiliated with updatephan? Maybe they'll be posting the snapchats on twitter.
idontreallyknow
spork

Driving back from the ft lauderdale tatinof. So many things I want to say wow. I just know that I'll never forget this night :D
I'll write more later tonight when I get home or tomorrow because honestly right now I'm just sitting in shock of everything. In a good way
sweetmm
angel bean

idontreallyknow wrote:Driving back from the ft lauderdale tatinof. So many things I want to say wow. I just know that I'll never forget this night :D
I'll write more later tonight when I get home or tomorrow because honestly right now I'm just sitting in shock of everything. In a good way
Looking forward to it :platonic:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Here's the 2016 tatinof spotify playlist for this year: https://t.co/yYrhg77mbZ
bluebox-away
woodland creature

blueapple_x wrote:Here's the 2016 tatinof spotify playlist for this year: https://t.co/yYrhg77mbZ

Here's last year's if you're curious: https://play.spotify.com/user/128777849 ... enYpXg0IWy
Thanks for sharing! I listen to the original one all the time and have been looking forward to seeing what they picked for the new tour, looks like it's mostly the same songs with some more recent stuff added to it
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
blueapple_x
flower crown

^^ No problem. I removed the link for the old playlist because it wasn't working for me for some reason but maybe that was just my computer lol.

Here it is again if anyone wants it (playlist for the UK tour): https://play.spotify.com/user/128777849 ... enYpXg0IWy
smarties
glabella

blueapple_x wrote:^^ Do you know if they're affiliated with updatephan? Maybe they'll be posting the snapchats on twitter.
Actually I don't know...even if I saw some snapchats from them posted on updatephan, but just a few....
DryCereal
koi pond

I've heard "name the Llama" is a recurring thing. If true, I think it's pretty much a dutiful necessity of IDB posters attending to suggest "GNU" as loudly as possible and note any response...!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:I've heard "name the Llama" is a recurring thing. If true, I think it's pretty much a dutiful necessity of IDB posters attending to suggest "GNU" as loudly as possible and note any response...!
Seconded, that would be hilarious
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

blueapple_x wrote:Here's the 2016 tatinof spotify playlist for this year: https://t.co/yYrhg77mbZ
I love the playlist, awesome choices
idontreallyknow
spork

Finally writing a review the Ft. Lauderdale TATINOF :D
(It's going to have details and spoilers)
Before Show
First off, let me just say the merch stand before the show was such a mess! We got there almost an hour early and stood in the line just to get into the mini building that had the stand at the back. To our unpleasant surprise there was no organized line inside the building too. It was literally crammed full of people with no AC and girls randomly screaming song lyrics causing everyone else to start screaming along. My friend and I got claustrophobic really quick and some lady screamed that they were open after the show so we got out of there because the show was starting in a couple minutes.
They were a bit late opening the doors, so there was the occasional "DON'T CRY" and then everyone else around us screamed "CRAFT" and I internally cringed, but they finally opened the doors and we finally got in.
The atmosphere inside was very positive and nice, and we finally weren't standing shoulder-to-shoulder with everyone else so that's around the time I was actually low-key getting excited.
They prerecorded message came up causing everyone to scream so loud you couldn't hear it, and then the lights went dimmer (they had these cool moving lights though)

Actual Show
They started out with a nicely edited video and a count down on the microwave on stage. Props to them, it got me really excited. When the timer went out and they jumped out of the microwave, that was probably the most hyped I've ever been , but simultaneously on of the loudest sounds I've ever heard. It was so loud with so much high-pitched screaming that it literally just went blank noise in my ears, but still so loud. (the loudest screaming of the night by far) SO there was that.
I assume most of you probably get gist of the plot in the tour, so I'll talk about the segments and some stuff that stood out to me, personally.
-When they first came out, they were talking and uncovered a giant llama and a giant lion ("It's a throwback to 2011!"-Dan). So Phil climbed up on the lion and looked at Dan and told him to "mount the llama", but Dan didn't want to, so Phil commanded "Dan, MOUNT the LLAMA" and Dan looked at him and sighed and said fine so he went over and climbed up on it. (Just thought the way Phil said it was cute) And when Phil was going to get off the lion he was like "Dan I'm stuck!" and Dan started commanding Phil going "Get off right now" and he wouldn't get off so Dan looked at us and said "Having a bit of a domestic." and turned back to Phil and said "Get off the lion." and Phil got off and hung his head and everyone "awed"
-Note: Dan called Phil "Phil Lester" (emphasis on -ESTER) and Phil called Dan "Danny" and stuff like that, but my brain can't remember the exact parts :?
-Magic show: Phil did some tricks like making a bowling ball drop out of a sketchpad and pulling string out of his mouth and Dan "I'm just going to be the glamorous assistant" (also Phil didn't talk which I found kind of weird but He also did the thing where he turned Dan's legs into llama legs and then sent him away in the microwave which segwayed into his reasons why he's a weird kid segment
-At one point that I can't remember Dan did this thing to mock Phil and was like "lalala" and said something in a high pitched voice and skipped and twirled on stage and it looked rlly cute
-Reasons Why Phil's a Weird Kid: Cute baby Phil pictures and one from old uni Phil with a broken arm, the next picture in his slideshow was a Japan Dan picture and I was confused for a second and everyone screamed (like every other time something happened), but then it turned into him showing us Dan's "reject selfie collection" ("derp face" pictures) He also used the audience's stories (one girl ate live butterflies??) and he rated them with Dan (who came back on stage)
-Phil tried to sing then went offstage and it turned into Dan's Internet Support Group segment except instead it was "Uncle Dan's Hotline" and he used audio from people before show. Also when he went to go get a "drink" a monster truck came on stage and it had a mountain dew plastic mug with a crazy straw in it and he was like "what..I mean oooh it's the drink of your people :) (and I laughed at that bc it's so true even tho I hate it) He answered some stuff (A girl asked if she should drop out and become a stripper, and a dad asked what he should do about her daughter spending all her time watching his videos) and Dan was like "how many dads are in the audience, and a few raised their hand, and Dan was like "Oh...so sports amirite? hahahamoving on"
Interesting thing:-Two things during the 7sc:
1. When they had the audience to a 7sc together before they did theirs, Phil look at the top of the theater and went "Top row, you're on Phil watch" and Dan looked like he almost was going to laugh and let Phil keep talking, but the way Phil said it (obvious reference) made me just think "Did he just say that..."
2.Phil came back and they did the 7sc: One challenge submitted was for Phil to sing the intro to toxic a couple times and after he finished Dan said "That's like hearing Phil sing in the shower every morning" as a joke, but then they both paused and looked at each other and Dan looked kind of panicked and said "Hahaha that came out wrong huh?" and switched topics really fast.

Actual Show ctnd
And of course they did all or nothing at the end of the 7sc and Phil won.
Edit: I'm just now realizing the 7sc was one of the first things they did so sorry this is out of order :?
-Crafty Corner
-Some girl made a "Phanart Popup book" and it was "Unbelievably Censored"
-They also showed Dan and Phil voodoo dolls that a girl submitted that were "sewn together at the hips" (with Phil topping of course did get a bit of second hand embarrassment though)
-Someone also made a grave box with sexy end screen dance and draw phil naked signs it and Dan almost did a sexy endscreen dance, but then he stopped and said "Think of the dads! Does no one thinks about the dads!"
-Time Machine and Elder!Dan and Phil: -They went in the microwave and turned back time and they had this cute video playing while they were gone of future stuff happening. Some healdines that showed:
-Danye wins 2020 Presidential Election
-Buzzfeed Article: Dan and Phil open Shiba Inu Breeding Company
-Take tour to the moon
-Dan and Phil get knighted by the queen
(When 2022 passed everyone screamed)
Then they were back out and dressed as old people and drew cat whiskers and talked about the future and answered questions from future people.
-They look like an old couple it was cute
-Dan was helping Phil bc Phil kept "zoning out" and doing stuff really slow
-They both set their hip settings to twerk and Phil died so Dan started screaming "NOOOO" and panicked but then dragged Phil my his leg back into the microwave to go back in time
-Existential Crisis: -"Are we really doing the same thing for 83 years?!?"
-Phil sat down and convinced Dan that he had a purpose and stuff
-Phil comforting Dan was really cute
-Fanfiction: We got cowboys in space (~interactive~ but probably planned because the microwave kept bringing props) and it started off with the narrator talking about Phil "brushing his hand over his rifle" and Dan saying "I'm just a good Christian boy!" and then they went into space and there was these beautiful quotes: "So I guess it's just me and you" "Being out here makes me feel so much closer to you" "Well I guess we are the last people on earth" "I guess we have a duty to fulfill -stares at eachother- and then Dan posed like a French girl on the ground and Phil drew him and narration was hilarious, but then start talking about Dan kissing Phil or something )too much screaming) and Dan jumped up and said he wasn't doing it and he didn't care what would happen.
-Dil thing and paper plate throwing: When Dil said those little speeches about them, the stare that Dan did at Phil when Dil was saying how Phil doesn't have to pretend to be a different person and all that stuff was the CUTEST THING. They made eye contact for a second and Phil looked away but Dan just kept staring at him with actual heart eyes
-The singing part happened and they were actually really good :D
-When they faced back to back and then leaned in and stared at eachother it was ADORABLE (letting out my inner fangirl oh no) But they just held that eye contact, looked away for a second then looked back (they looked like flirting teenagers
-They had USA flag coats instead of golden coats :D
-THEY LOOKED SO HAPPY
After Show Stuff
-So many crying girls (One girl was crying while we were all sat in the theater waiting for the show to start)
-We thought that the merch line would be shorter now that if was after but BOY WERE WE WRONG. It wrapped all the way around to the street (We were in like the 3rd quarter of the line by then). We waited and I got a sweatshirt (it was cute) and a tour pass and tour wristband
I was so sure they were going to be sold out of everything, but the only thing they had sold out of was the signed TABINOF (I already got one at barnes and noble ), so I wouldn't worry about stuff selling out unless you want the signed book.
-Once we payed I asked Cornelia for a picture (she was so nice) and she went "Well we're really not allowed to do that" and glanced around and the embarrassment was already killing me so I was about to leave and she said "But come here really quickly" and we took a picture and my friend and I left in shame (I felt like a cringey 12 year old :( )
Thoughts:
-It was AMAZING. It was such a good night :) I know I won't be forgetting it, even with my horrible memory :)
-Seeing them live on a stage across from me felt so unreal, and the show was so entertaining, even for people that didn't know anything about them (My other friend that came along didn't really watch them, but she found it hilarious)
-The crowd was very positive (got a lot of compliments :D ) and everyone had short hair (I felt at home since no one in florida has short hair like me) and dyed hair and flower crowns and cat whiskers (couldn't bring myself to wear cat whiskers though) Since where I live in Florida has almost no one that is like that, it felt so good to be surrounded by people that actually looked like and had the same aesthetic style that I did. (There were a lot of older people there too, which I was happy about because I was afraid I would stand out in a crowd of preteens ((no offense to preteens)), but I was pleasantly surprised )
-Overall it was such a good show, my face hurt from smiling the whole way through and it was the happiest I'd been in while
If anyone has any questions or wants to know more details about certain parts don't hesitate to ask me, I'd be glad to answer :D
(and to know that someone read this mess of a post )
(P.S: Sorry about the screwed up formatting and any spelling or grammar errors in it or if it makes no sense, I wrote this late and I still have work to do )
swofro
angel bean

idontreallyknow
:sobs:

That is such a beautiful review. Makes me wanna go to a show soooo bad.
Love is forever