General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
blueapple_x
flower crown

Hey guys!

I thought it would be nice to create a thread where people could discuss tatinof things.

In particular, it's to make meetup plans if you don’t have anyone to go with/want more people to go with!

It could also be used for spoilers/reviews after the shows, if you want. Every show may provide a slightly different experience for everyone. I feel like the main thread may also discuss tatinof show spoilers in between discussing D&P’s uploads/liveshows/meet and greets during the tour, but it’s up to you where you want to post spoilers!

Just a note: if you plan to meet up with people, please do it the safe way. Perhaps you can skype each other first, meet in an open crowded place before tatinof, etc. Y’know, all that jazz.

So if you feel comfortable doing so and would like some extra company, please post away

PS: If you're leaving a spoiler/long review, don't forget to use the spoiler button! Please and thanks
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

This is a great idea! If they do a European tour I'd love to find people to go to a show with, but until then I'll just lurk here for the spoilers and reviews
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Aurdie
spork

This old af red-headed Amazon is attending both Chicago shows with my 6th grader, as well as the Milwaukee VIP. Lord help me, I'm gonna need some adult beverages or something to cope with the en mass surges of teenage estrogen ... based on prior experiences, I'll also want to gobble handfuls of birth control pills so as to not further perpetuate this kind of behavior. Just kidding. Well,totally not kidding about wanting a nice Pinot Noir to mentally fortify myself :)
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

emma it seems made a few changes for the US TATINOF. I'll be looking forward to your Big Apple review
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

I am going to two shows, one in Costa Mesa with my fiancée and the Hollywood show with my best friend. My fiancée keeps telling me how she's going to troll and say really loudly "You promised me this was a Jack and Dean show!" She doesn't even watch Jack and Dean or even like them.
blueapple_x
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:emma it seems made a few changes for the US TATINOF. I'll be looking forward to your Big Apple review
Yes! I'm curious about the differences between US and UK tours. And if anyone who went to the UK tour wants to refresh our memories about the breakdown of the performance, please do so!

Spoilers about the UK tour performance:
I think we know that one difference will be Phil's magic show segment, and obvs the audience participation bits (crafts, ISG) were always different for each show, but what else could they change/add? Maybe the two fanfiction options? They mentioned they also added something new right?....juggling perhaps? Lol. Dammit I really hope they film at least one of the shows. If they do it'll probs be the last one at the Dolby.

Those scratches on their necks came from the bow ties I assume. But what was the cactus for again? Was it just a stage decoration? I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the cactus in their tatinof reviews on the site that shall not be named.
human
dan hand trash

I had a GG thread meetup for the UK tour. And ahem will be going to New York (ahem, and Boston) with people I met on GG who are now really good friends of mine lol. Of course, meet up safely etc I'm pretty sure we all got drunk the first time we met up haha oops so we are not good role models. Don't do that!

Looking forward to an excuse to take a quick break in Europe after the US tour also.
jhamba
procrastinator

Moderator Action :
moved thread to The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire subforum
I know that this is what this thread was meant for the same purpose, but we thought a subforum would be better
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
phamnotof
morning quiff

re: spoilers: is there anything? I know that a lot of people are spoiler-phobic around here, but boy do I love my spoilers - I'll absolutely see the show if they come anywhere near me either way, but I tend to have far better experiences when I'm ready for stuff. (short story: autistic spectrum -> easily overwhelmed -> brain tends to shut down.)

I've googled for them before & found a few shorter things on sites that shan't-be-named, but anything from videos to just your basic A-Z rundown would be amazing for me.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Okay, I managed to save my reviews of the show from GG so I'll post them here. That way you'll get an idea of the show layout. There are spoilers so only read on if you want to know the set up.

Sheffield review:
So I kinda went with a bit of anticipation after hearing about how loud the screams were in Glasgow, I'm not really a fan of people constantly screaming through things, just not my thing at all. Luckily for us, the crowd were pretty good, yes there was some screaming but it only lasted a few seconds at most and I was able to hear the whole show without any issues although I did come away from it with a headache.

I was surprised when we turned up the amount of people who actually drew cat whiskers on themselves, I know it's their brand so should have expected it really but I honestly felt like the oldest fan there, we were the only fans who didn't have cat whiskers on, it was kinda funny. I didn't see Martin or Cornelia on the merch so the queues for it were tiny which was nice, not a massive range of merch tbh, cringey "i left the house" tshirt, and then another black emo image tshirt. They were selling the book too, slutty_angels picked one up and it was signed, so that was nice.

Before the show they played a few songs to get the crowd going, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves at this point and getting excited for the show. We walked in just as they started playing Muse. The other ones I remember were Panic!, Britney and FOB, everyone went crazy for each song.

I'll give D&P their due, the stage set up and production was amazing, it felt like a lot of effort had gone into it. There were indoor fireworks and tickertape (I'm a massive sucker for both of these things) and there had clearly been a lot thought into the stage and the design of everything, even the lighting and music for each section had really been timed well. It all ran really smoothly. I remember going into the venue and seeing it all and being impressed. I liked the idea of the microwave, and liked how it was used during the show. At one point they had this really nice montage of D&P videos from now back to the start and that was really nice to see all their memories and clips from the videos. I remember hearing the audio for Newcastle and thinking they sounded kinda stiff but as this was their 5th show they've really got into it and it felt much more relaxed.

When the came on I remember saying to Fel that it felt weird seeing them in real life. I'm so used to seeing them on my laptop/through the screen that it felt kinda surreal being there with them in front of us. I can't explain what I mean properly.
The beginning of the show was okay, they had a big lion and llama on stage that they sat on but I didn't really get the point of that, they literally just sat on them for a few seconds and then got off, they could lose that from the show and it wouldn't change anything (other than make it less cringey).

Seven Second Challenge - Yeah, okay I get it's their thing, but I'm so over this. They didn't do anything majorly exciting for this bit. They clearly had the all or nothing planned all along and Phil won. I'm pretty sure he wins every night.
Phil's Magic Trick section - Wow, as much as I thought I'd not like this bit it was so funny. My face hurt from laughing after. Watching him being quiet and serious was hilarious, he's a really good actor and it was nice seeing him get to take the spotlight. Watching him trying to spin Dan around in the magic box was lolzor, he was struggling. The "tricks" he did were actually quite good (really easy ones that were hella obvious) but it was his silence and stage presence that made this bit. Funny to watch the crowd go mental over getting some popcorn that they threw out. Dan went to throw a glass of ribena at the audience as a joke which made me laugh (I kinda wish he had thrown it for the lolz).

Weird Kid Stories - Nice bit of crowd interaction here, one girl behind us had her story read out and I could hear her hyperventilating and her friend telling her to breathe, so funny. Phil showed some awful Dan selfies which was pretty funny.

Internet Support Group - Uhm, I kinda got bored of this bit, there were too many questions and his answers were kinda bad, I'm not really a fan of the ISG anyhow.

Tumblr Tag - Well I'm obviously going to say this bit was the best seeing as we got our flans on stage
People are so talented (not me, the flans were terrible) and it was nice to see them appreciate it all. I appreciated the comments about the flans even though they'll never know it was us who made them, it was nice to see them bring them on stage and talk about them on three different occasions - they first bought the flans out too early and were showing them off when another piece of art was on the screen, so they put them back in the artwork trolley. Then they got them out again (at the right time) and showed them off but the image of them didn't come on the screen so when they moved onto the next piece of art and the image of the flans flashed up on the screen they started talking about them again. The flans were the true stars of this section

In The Future - Terrible terrible twerking, I cringed hard during that bit. When Phil died at the end I just kept thinking "poor him being dragged off stage by Dan, ouch". This is where they drew cat whiskers on each other (and the crowd screamed so looouuuuuud) and I was face palming.

Existential Crisis - Ngl, Dan looked cute laying on the stage face down #dangirl. Phil got a lot of aw's when he said about talking it out to make Dan feel better.

Fanfiction Section - Nononoooonopeitynope. Such fanservice, so much cringe. Honestly, it was awful haha, totally scripted, they'll do the same thing every night even though you're lead to believe the audience picks the story. I could do without seeing that bit again tbh.

Robot/Dil - They threw some plastic plates out into the audience during this bit, totally random, totally not needed tbh. Me and Fel did wrassle some girl though for a plate as it landed right by our feet, needless to say we won.
Dil literally stood in front of us and the head is FREAKY. Loved the bunny slippers, but the guy couldn't see properly and had to keep adjusting the head to find the stage. This bit was kinda cute, I agree with whoever said recently that the sections were probably written by each other for each other. I liked how the storyline kinda fit together at this point and it was Dil controlling everything all along. Who would have thought that the show would have kinda revolved around one of their gaming channel series. Clever guys.

The Singing/Dancing section - Oh my, literally BEST BIT EVER. The lyrics to the song are hilare, their singing was actually GOOD, like what?! Dan was way more into it than Phil, his face was so funny because he was concentrating so hard, he's even a good dancer. I was so impressed with this bit. Nice way to end the show tbh.

I came away super impressed with the show. I'll probably be criticised for saying this but I feel bad now for saying about them not uploading enough the last few months because I can see how much work and effort they put into making this good. It's not a half arsed kinda show, they've put everything into it, from the script to the singing and dancing to the stage effects and the interaction with the audience. They clearly took time to sit down and plan everything out and they really pulled it off. I am actually glad I have tickets to more than one show because I don't think seeing it once was enough.

I also have a sound recording of the Dil section right through to the end (including the song) which I'll get someone to put up in the drug deal, not going to link to it in here as it'll only get taken down and I only want the people from here to have access to it.
London:
Thought I'd come and post about yesterday, because I know 1 or 2 of you are interested in the review so here we gooooo....

2pm show:

So, I got a ticket very last minute for this show, I noticed that a ticket in the 4th row became available so thought fuck it, I have no other plans I'm going to get it. I don't ever like doing anything by myself but I'm glad I did. I sat next to a very nice girl who kept telling me she wasn't a screamer and she was an older fan so it was good. I walked in with a pint of beer and got the side eye from SO MANY people haha. Oops. They had taken some of the seats out for this show, so my 4th row ticket turned into a 2nd row ticket right on the end by the centre, I had the best view I've had all tour.
I hadn't been to a 2pm show before and I definitely noticed the difference in the crowd, it was much louder and much younger. The show itself was the same, they were definitely filming this one because they had taken out 4 rows of seats in the centre and there was a camera there. There were also 2 guys running around filming the crowd.
The bits of the show that were different/had me laughing:
> Phil cut out the "weird kid story" about how he pretended to be french when he was younger. I guess they couldn't use it for the DVD because they mention a girls name in it (her full name) so they cut that out. Shame though as I actually loved that story and the art that went with it.
> During ISG Dan got asked a question about a girl who had a really fat thumb that looked like a sausage, instead of saying she should tuck it in he said "you should suck......", he went incredibly red and all flustered, but it was hilarous. Me and the girl next to me were in hysterics, not sure many others got his innuendo.
> In the fanfic section, they open this door on the microwave to get the costumes out, Dan totally broke the lights on the inside and they were hanging out, they were getting really flustered trying to fix it but couldnt. Then they couldnt get the door to shut - they'll have to edit the shit out of this bit, although the also filmed the evening one so they can edit that together.
> At the song at the end Phil totally got the dance wrong and it looked so funny, you could see in his face that he was like ohhh noooo, but couldn't get it right so just kinda gave up - again they'll have to edit the evening section in.
> The "in the future" section, when Phil dies and Dan says "I'll save you Phil" someone shouted out "give him the kiss of life" and Dan just looked and pointed, was kinda funny but major cringe too. There was deffo a lot more people shouting out phan related things.
> In the tumblr tag irl, they had something that I had seen before, not sure if it was something they liked so much they wanted to include in the dvd or if someone had just made it again, it was VERY similar though.
> During the magic trick section Dan stood in front of me and pretty much threw the entire thing of popcorn on me, there was almost 10 girls in my lap to try and get the popcorn to eat (ew, who knows where that's been). Needless to say I found some in my bra when I got home (that I didn't eat).

7pm show:

Oh jeez, so we had our little GG meetup and for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to drink almost 2 bottles of wine, a pint of beer, 2 cocktails on top of the beer I had already drunk in the venue. Needless to say before we got in, we were pretty wankered. We sat in our seats and being the drunk person decided that we needed to move as we were right on the end and the lights were kinda blocking our view. Basically by the time it started I had convinced this usher (in my drunken state) to go and find out if these two seats right in the middle of the front row were taken as the show was about to start and they were still empty. Luckily for us they were and we were allowed to move to them, it was amazing and just topped off the night. Such a good view.
The show was just as good, everyone was hyped because of the other youtubers that were there, the screaming wasn't so bad (although tbh I was so drunk it probably didn't bother me as much). They didn't make any c ock ups this time but there were some funny moments again.
> Just after the magic trick, when Dan has changed out of the llama trousers he had a white thing stuck to his leg, he said he had been having some alone time and Phil was like "you've got something on your leg", even after he had removed it though there was still this white mark there, haha.
> During the tumblr tag irl, someone had made a doll that was meant to be like Dil, so Dan introduced it as a dildo(l), pretty funny, maybe he has done this before, I can't remember.
Some pictures of the show, naughty me, but come on, it's just 3 and the tour is over now so....

At the end of the show, we went out one of the doors that I had gone out during the afternoon show, I didn't realise that we weren't meant to go out that way and we kinda ended up at the backstage area, haha, kinda lucky for us as we managed to get to the front of where all these people were waiting for them to come out, it was pretty mental. I guess it kinda made me aware of how big they are now, there must have been about 100 people waiting, just to see them leave! Maybe I haven't really thought about it before, but when they came out it was like they were celebrities, people were screaming and they had their security pushing people back as the barriers were really unsecured and I kind of thought to myself, these two aren't just people off the internet any more. It was very surreal indeed.
I am going to the New York show on the 2nd and I am really looking forwards to the changes they've made to the show.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
human
dan hand trash

I've seen the show about 5 times so if anyone wants to know anything specific spoilerwise, feel free to pm me!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Oh and also, I'll put the things I took with me for the audience participation. I know they said they aren't accepting gifts at the m&g because of their tour bus but if you're creative definitely do something because it's nice to have it shown on stage.
mine were all baking related because I enjoy baking. I did things they had done in videos to make it relevant.
Brownie graveyard featuring biscuit Dan and Phil (I took this to the Brighton Halloween show)

Dan and Phil green velvet cupcakes (London show):
nybita
first-time poster

Ah I was wondering when someone would start this thread.

I'm going to the Detroit show, so I'm not sure I'm going to find anyone BUT would love to meet up with someone from here. I am 26 and going alone so if any older fans (older meaning like 21+) want to meet up beforehand, let me know :)
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I have a question for those of you who had vip tickets, what was the m&g like? bc i've heard meeting famous people is always like "hi how are you, hug them, take the selfie, thanks for coming bye"

[offtopic]reading this thread makes me so sad i'm never going to see the show live :wahh:[/offtopic]
Jeweul
sad dimple

I'm super excited for it, I'm going to the May 17th date in Charlotte with Kinz and another friend. :P I didn't get VIP tickets, but I did get some tickets on the balcony area at the very front part where the railing is and I think I'll get a really good view. :tongue:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Anyone going to either of the Toronto shows? I'm still debating about going because I know I'll be having cringe attacks @_@

I really wasn't planning on it originally but the closer it gets to the dates, the more tempted I am to maybe go.
human
dan hand trash

fancy_nancy wrote:I have a question for those of you who had vip tickets, what was the m&g like? bc i've heard meeting famous people is always like "hi how are you, hug them, take the selfie, thanks for coming bye"

[offtopic]reading this thread makes me so sad i'm never going to see the show live :wahh:[/offtopic]
I had VIP at the Leeds show in the UK. It's ok, it's of course enjoyable to have a few minutes to say hi and whatever else. In terms of the conversation, worth bearing in mind they're both full of nervous energy for the show so it is a little bit of "wow, your hair is nice" or "love your shirt!" (which is good training lol they generally pick something unique and special about everyone and compliment you on it to get conversation going) and some girls were happy just to hug them, have a picture, tell them they love them and move on. So bear in mind you might not get too much of a personal experience, they meet a lot of people and will not remember you (probably, unless you've been to many VIP's or are Anahita).

At my VIP, I started out saying "well, I just wanted to say that as a viewer a bit older than you, I was fully expecting to cringe at your book but it was actually really well done and enjoyable, you obviously worked hard" and lol they seemed to really appreciate a slightly different conversation and I chatted to them both for a good few minutes about my thoughts on the book. It was nice. Phil will engage with you more but Dan gets a bit shy when you engage them in conversation imo and he generally talks a bit but faffs with the things to be signed and snatches your phone out of your hand so he can take the selfie in the pose which is most flattering to him hahah (I say this with love, I'm the same with selfies!) - they're both adorable and so sweet, so kind, very genuine. But just don't expect anything earth shattering, I think if you go in not expecting much then you won't be nervous and things will be more relaxed. I felt pretty relaxed and I felt they, Phil especially, relaxed when they saw I wasn't shaking and freaking out because that freaks them out too.

Would I do it again? Not sure. Maybe once more if I had something I wanted to say to them. But it's worth doing once just for one of Phil's hugs tbh. I'm not a big hugger and was fully expecting to just wander up and talk, since I'm a bit older than them, but no Phil reached out for me and I caved. And I wasn't sure how to approach Dan but he lunged at me first so lol. Actually quite a nice Dan hug, if you're a bit taller (I'm 5'6" or so) then you're more likely to get a cuddly Dan hug and I liked it muchley. I was all, oh go on then. Lovely hugs. Phil is very squishy and rocks you a bit, I was happy to pay for just that tbh lol because beforehand I'd had a terrible 10 months or so and a hug or two was most welcome.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blueapple_x wrote:Anyone going to either of the Toronto shows? I'm still debating about going because I know I'll be having cringe attacks @_@

I really wasn't planning on it originally but the closer it gets to the dates, the more tempted I am to maybe go.
If they have tickets then you must go, honestly, you'll really regret not going if they are coming close by and you don't buy a ticket.

When the bour was first announced I will gladly admit I was one of the people who was like "WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS, WHAT ARE THEY DOING" and then I ended up seeing the show 5 times in the UK and I'm travelling to NYC to see it. It's not that cringe at all, it's actually a very well put together show :)
blueapple_x
flower crown

missemma wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Anyone going to either of the Toronto shows? I'm still debating about going because I know I'll be having cringe attacks @_@

If they have tickets then you must go, honestly, you'll really regret not going if they are coming close by and you don't buy a ticket.

When the bour was first announced I will gladly admit I was one of the people who was like "WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS, WHAT ARE THEY DOING" and then I ended up seeing the show 5 times in the UK and I'm travelling to NYC to see it. It's not that cringe at all, it's actually a very well put together show :)
Oh it's not the show I'm worried about cringing over, it's the screaming crowd and the fact that I'll probably be one of the older ones there.

But I know what you mean! I know I'll regret it if I don't go. Did you go by yourself to some of the UK shows? If so, how was that experience for you???
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blueapple_x wrote: Oh it's not the show I'm worried about cringing over, it's the screaming crowd and the fact that I'll probably be one of the older ones there.

But I know what you mean! I know I'll regret it if I don't go. Did you go by yourself to some of the UK shows? If so, how was that experience for you???
Oh, I was one of the older ones there (as in a fan, not a parent) and I went by myself to one of them. I was really worried about going on my own, as I never do anything alone (I always prefer the company of others). But it was fine and I was sitting next to a girl who was also an older fan (she was 25) and on her own. Tbh, once the show starts then it doesn't matter if you're by yourself as you don't get a chance to talk to anyone. After I had been once, I knew roughly what time they were going to be on and stayed in the bar until then, it was a good way to avoid the screams when they played the very cringey playlist before the show started.

I am actually really interested to see how the fans will react in New York compared to the UK. Me, Human & Mazza are all going together, but unfortunately we aren't sitting together as the ticket release was an actual farce (& I know Dan said over and over it went to fans, but getting the tickets was sooooo hard, we were very lucky in the end that the lovely Dizzy helped us out, otherwise we wouldn't even be going).
blueapple_x
flower crown

missemma wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: Oh it's not the show I'm worried about cringing over, it's the screaming crowd and the fact that I'll probably be one of the older ones there.

Oh, I was one of the older ones there (as in a fan, not a parent) and I went by myself to one of them. I was really worried about going on my own, as I never do anything alone (I always prefer the company of others). But it was fine and I was sitting next to a girl who was also an older fan (she was 25) and on her own. Tbh, once the show starts then it doesn't matter if you're by yourself as you don't get a chance to talk to anyone. After I had been once, I knew roughly what time they were going to be on and stayed in the bar until then, it was a good way to avoid the screams when they played the very cringey playlist before the show started.

I am actually really interested to see how the fans will react in New York compared to the UK. Me, Human & Mazza are all going together, but unfortunately we aren't sitting together as the ticket release was an actual farce (& I know Dan said over and over it went to fans, but getting the tickets was sooooo hard, we were very lucky in the end that the lovely Dizzy helped us out, otherwise we wouldn't even be going).
Ah I see! Approximately how long is the wait time until the show starts (from the time they tell you to arrive at the venue to the time the show actually begins)? I know they have a song playlist but do they actually play every song on that list before it starts? Also, do ushers direct you to your seats or do they just open the doors and let people find their own way and trust them enough to go to the right seats?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Hmm I can't remember exactly how long the wait was, maybe about 45 minutes from doors opening! The times I went I never went for exactly as the doors opened as the queue to get in was long and that takes up vital pub time ;)
The playlist was the same but finished at different times for different venues, depends if there was a curfew or if the show time was a bit later/earlier.

In the UK they don't show you to your seats, you have a seat number and it's pretty easy to find. I dunno how it'll be in America/Canada though, sorry :)

Really hope you decide to go!
blueapple_x
flower crown

missemma wrote:Hmm I can't remember exactly how long the wait was, maybe about 45 minutes from doors opening! The times I went I never went for exactly as the doors opened as the queue to get in was long and that takes up vital pub time ;)
The playlist was the same but finished at different times for different venues, depends if there was a curfew or if the show time was a bit later/earlier.

In the UK they don't show you to your seats, you have a seat number and it's pretty easy to find. I dunno how it'll be in America/Canada though, sorry :)

Really hope you decide to go!
Thanks for answering my questions! I'll probably have more in the near future lol.

People always think I'm a teenager anyway so I'd probably blend in. But I'm still tempted to wear a disguise.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Fire away with the questions. I'd rather answer them and you buy a ticket and not miss out :)

Whatever you do, just don't draw cat whiskers on your face as a disguise as everyone will be doing that!

if you do buy a ticket I'm fully expecting a review of the show after :)
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Guys whoever that has the opportunity please go and come back and share with us. We are living through your experience :platonic: