General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
apathy
sad dimple

I would say it really depends on your personal preferences. A lot of people probably prefer to not be spoiled and be surprised, which is great, of course. Personally, I enjoyed it more knowing what was going to happen because it let me relax and appreciate the experience, rather than feeling like I had to catch and remember every detail. But spoilers rarely bother me in general either, so judge according to what you like. :D
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
timtam
lady door

I have a bit of an understanding from reading the main thread but I do want a bit of a surprise. So i might avoid any new tatinof discussion from now on. Thanks guys :)

I'm a bit nervous that I'll find it really awkward? But most people here have loved it so I have high hopes!
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I normally like spoilers. Don't really care for surprises but I'm glad I didn't for this. I know i wouldn't have liked it as much. :)
actions speak louder than words
glertiespy
tol bean

Here's Toronto show if anyone is interested :thumb:
annetamiau
lady door

thanks glertiespy! :)

It might be a good idea to save it, just in case it gets taken down
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
vincentian
hobbit hair

glertiespy wrote:
Here's Toronto show if anyone is interested :thumb:
Thanks a lot glertiespy!
Lol at Phil messing up the dance at the end :lol:
The show should be called "three times Phil tried to start a singing career and one time Dan let him" hah (I just realized this was a thing as I hadn't seen/listened to the recording of the full show before). Every time the blue spotlight was on Phil and he took a pose preparing to sing I was just .
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

Thanks for the video, I hope they don't take it down!

I've been catching up in the thread and yes, I agree with most of you about they selling lots of stuff, also I've been seeing online how much it costs the shows compared to others (concerts, etc) and I think sometimes it's too much, honestly I would pay to go to the show but nothing else, but I don't think they ever come where I live so I don't worry about it.

Also if they release anything (as a poor-as-f*** person I am) I would probs download it, I know they have worked hard, but man there's more important things in life, I know I would get the book, but maybe in the future. Also yeah, I think they treat the show and all stuff around it very secret and I don't like that, like I said, the shows' never going to come here (southamerica), but man if someone wants to spoil themselves the show they should be free to do it. People will buy the show on YTRed, they'll buy the doc and the tour book anyways so they shouldn't worry about it too much.

And yeah, that's pretty much what I think, I'm a huge fan but man, you can't like everything, like someone said they're saving money for the future and that's tots understandable.
stella
living flop

annetamiau wrote:thanks glertiespy! :)

It might be a good idea to save it, just in case it gets taken down
I downloaded it, someone let me know if it gets taken down and they want it
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Im not sure if this has been answered, but does anyone know it the tatinof documentary is going to be the length of an actually documentary or if it's a documentary series that'll be released over a few weeks? Dan's said both YouTube red orginial and YouTube red series when talking about it. So I'm actually quite confused as to which one it is.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
blueapple_x
flower crown

confusedpanda wrote:Im not sure if this has been answered, but does anyone know it the tatinof documentary is going to be the length of an actually documentary or if it's a documentary series that'll be released over a few weeks? Dan's said both YouTube red orginial and YouTube red series when talking about it. So I'm actually quite confused as to which one it is.
Based on this I'd say the documentary is one video (the two vids he's referring to in that tweet is the documentary and the recorded tatinof show)
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

blueapple_x wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:Im not sure if this has been answered, but does anyone know it the tatinof documentary is going to be the length of an actually documentary or if it's a documentary series that'll be released over a few weeks? Dan's said both YouTube red orginial and YouTube red series when talking about it. So I'm actually quite confused as to which one it is.
Based on this I'd say the documentary is one video (the two vids he's referring to in that tweet is the documentary and the recorded tatinof show)
Ah ok! Thank you so much for clearing that up!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Excited to see what the t shirts look like.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
backin09
living flop

without the internet, we never would have met
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Aus tickets update: are doing very well for themselves. Perth is done and Brisbane and Sydney are both sold out (all four shows). There are also limited discounted tickets for the Adelaide late show and the Melbourne matinee (not that I think there are that many places left anyway).

https://facebook.com/events/10984281901 ... 6379288680
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

[contents of post deleted at user's request as it was posted in the wrong thread]
Last edited by oqua on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: posted in wrong thread
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Question about Tatinof tickets, as I didn't have that problem before, but now since Tatinof is coming to Europe..
Where did they sell the VIP tickets? An extra site on danandphiltour.com or was it an option on sites like Ticketmaster?
Also, did you need a normal ticket as well as the VIP or was it included?
blueapple_x
flower crown

fleur-de-lis wrote:Question about Tatinof tickets, as I didn't have that problem before, but now since Tatinof is coming to Europe..
Where did they sell the VIP tickets? An extra site on danandphiltour.com or was it an option on sites like Ticketmaster?
Also, did you need a normal ticket as well as the VIP or was it included?
VIP tickets are sold on the same website as the regular tickets. danandphiltour.com will link to the websites that sell the tickets. For example, on Ticketmaster it will show the option to buy VIP if it's still available. I believe Ticketmaster also showed the price range of the tickets so you're probably getting VIP if you pay for the highest cost of a ticket (it should still also say VIP somewhere though). If you get VIP, you won't need an extra "normal ticket". A VIP ticket will indicate on the ticket that it's VIP. I believe you get a confirmation email with VIP instructions when you've successfully purchased a VIP ticket.

Hopefully that explanation helped a bit.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Ah thanks so much, that definitely helps!
KateWIsdom
smol bean

I'm not sure where the correct place to post this is, but I saw a petition (it's not mine, though I did sign it) to try to get TATINOF in Amsterdam. I know that the issues was with the venues declining, but from what I've read the site might be able to help with that. I know it would be last minute, but I figure that if there's even a slim chance for more Dan & Phil / TATINOF in the world, more is better than less...

(at the time of posting, it says it needs 27 signatures)

https://www.liveondemand.com/events/gen ... 1478596454
Boterham
smol bean

KateWIsdom wrote:I'm not sure where the correct place to post this is, but I saw a petition (it's not mine, though I did sign it) to try to get TATINOF in Amsterdam. I know that the issues was with the venues declining, but from what I've read the site might be able to help with that. I know it would be last minute, but I figure that if there's even a slim chance for more Dan & Phil / TATINOF in the world, more is better than less...

(at the time of posting, it says it needs 27 signatures)

https://www.liveondemand.com/events/gen ... 1478596454
thanks for sharing! I don't think they will try Amsterdam again, even when there will be a venue that accepts them now but still signed it.