danisnotsubtle

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

It's not just Phil - he'll get wound up over Dil too! (@11:00-11:10)
That cactus problem video though. Just replayed it a few too many times...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Friendly reminder as well that Phil goes commando
annetamiau
lady door

Re: the cactus video. I know people assume Phil was talking about Dan when he said 'what would you do if a boyfriend was paying more attention to a cactus than you?' to Mollie, but I've always had the feeling that it was Dan who had actually complained about Phil not paying enough attention to him maybe a few days before and Phil said that just to rile Dan up. I can actually picture the situation in my head in a very detailed way :lol: Dan's comment after that was a bit strange too: 'Even if it was an expensive cactus?', and he seemed quite surprised by Mollie's answer (who btw directed such answer at them both for no apparent reason). (This whole setting is 100% speculation, but it's at least plausible, isn't it?).

Regardless of the cactus moment, I really do think Phil likes to rile Dan up, especially in radio shows (RIP). Other examples include that 'remember when we saw Avatar and we bought those 3D glasses?' comment followed by Dan's 'Oh shit' stare at the camera, or the 'Seriously, how long will I love... Ellie Goulding' moment. I really hope there's a radioshow 2.0 in the horizon, some of its moments are pure gold. I want it back.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

annetamiau wrote:Re: the cactus video. I know people assume Phil was talking about Dan when he said 'what would you do if a boyfriend was paying more attention to a cactus than you?' to Mollie, but I've always had the feeling that it was Dan who had actually complained about Phil not paying enough attention to him maybe a few days before and Phil said that just to rile Dan up. I can actually picture the situation in my head in a very detailed way :lol: Dan's comment after that was a bit strange too: 'Even if it was an expensive cactus?', and he seemed quite surprised by Mollie's answer (who btw directed such answer at them both for no apparent reason). (This whole setting is 100% speculation, but it's at least plausible, isn't it?).

Regardless of the cactus moment, I really do think Phil likes to rile Dan up, especially in radio shows (RIP). Other examples include that 'remember when we saw Avatar and we bought those 3D glasses?' comment followed by Dan's 'Oh shit' stare at the camera, or the 'Seriously, how long will I love... Ellie Goulding' moment. I really hope there's a radioshow 2.0 in the horizon, some of its moments are pure gold. I want it back.
i always interpreted the cactus moment that way too

and another (the most recent i think?) example of phil riling up dan is the 'that was lion... babe' moment :lol: i need a compilation video of all of those
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

Ticia wrote: Image

Friendly reminder as well that Phil goes commando
I might have just rewatched this gif several hundred a few times.

"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
PolarFox
truth bomb

chiccola wrote:Awww, the video with Louise made me climb into the Phan trash once again hahha.
Anyone else noticed Dan's look when Phil hit Louise in the boob with the knee and they had a moment of laughing together?

He definitely is the jealous kind :lol:
Just sending this here from the main thread. Cuz we're all trash for not so subtle Dan.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
GreenLight
smol bean
Pronouns: he/him

some Dan vs Cat jealousy
of course this could all be written off as Dan just being a territorial friend or maybe I'm even looking too far into things but this is all for fun. some of these are also just Dan being done with cat and are not necessarily jealousy based. Sometimes when I watch Cat vlogs I feel like Dan and Cat are competing for Phil's attention.

First at 5:35 which I believe has already been mentioned but it's Dan going into the butterfly garden with phil and cat even though he cannot stand moths
15:11-16:04 Dan making sassy remarks at Cat
16:04-17:20 Dan cannot go unnoticed lol
21:48-22:40 sassy Dan makes another appearance
Winston
flower crown

GreenLight wrote:some Dan vs Cat jealousy
of course this could all be written off as Dan just being a territorial friend or maybe I'm even looking too far into things but this is all for fun. some of these are also just Dan being done with cat and are not necessarily jealousy based. Sometimes when I watch Cat vlogs I feel like Dan and Cat are competing for Phil's attention.

First at 5:35 which I believe has already been mentioned but it's Dan going into the butterfly garden with phil and cat even though he cannot stand moths
15:11-16:04 Dan making sassy remarks at Cat
16:04-17:20 Dan cannot go unnoticed lol
21:48-22:40 sassy Dan makes another appearance

I always thought it was funny when people would couple Dan and cat. I always thought (think) she seemed more interested in Phil. And they (phil and cat) have a bit more chemistry tbh, than Dan and cat. The competing for his attention thing I noticed, except cat doesn't seem to notice and Dan is just like "notice me" sometimes.
actions speak louder than words
DryCereal
koi pond

6:07 "I'm gonna find you an' I'm gonna break your legs"

Calm down Dan, it's only a username! :shock:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
DryCereal
koi pond

biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...
That's interesting, I don't know why I asked tbf because Phil doesn't strike me as the jealous type but I would have thought there'd be a few more examples of it than there are, maybe he's just a lot better at hiding it if it does happen
papierklemmen
flower crown

ok i swear there must be something wrong with me, maybe i'm really bad at physiognomy and reading faces, but i really can't see jealousy on dan's face in most of the posted here vids. i only see some glimpses of it in the bwest fwend nicky one, but even then it's not very clear if it's played up or not.

anyway, since we're allowed to post joke-y ones here too, i think the janice down the shop one fits the description :lol: :lol:

nephilimcat
woodland creature

I don't know if I should love or hate jealous Dan. I do find it kind of cute and everything, but this possessive behaviour is not exactly healthy. I wonder how Phil keeps up with that. Idk, maybe it's just because I had this really possessive "best friend" and that's why I always get a little anxious when I see jealous Dan :? Phil also seems very confident and wouldn't isolate himself because of Dan's jealousy, so maybe it really doesn't matter and we can all appreciate Dan making a fool of himself :lol:
biatchqueen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
That's interesting, I don't know why I asked tbf because Phil doesn't strike me as the jealous type but I would have thought there'd be a few more examples of it than there are, maybe he's just a lot better at hiding it if it does happen
I feel like Phil is less insecure about himself and their friendship/relationship. He probably knows there's no need to be jealous, whereas Dan is the insecure type and therefore gets jealous about everything. Or he just gets jealous in a different way. Since Dan is generally more of a drama queen, Phil might just smile and later he cheekily mutes them and talks less to them, who knows? I'm a bit like that, it's a subtle jealousy nobody ever notices.
pulvis et umbra sumus
human
dan hand trash

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
I was just talking about this to oqua yesterday, but whenever I see that Dan liveshow with all the YouTubers, that moment when everyone puts their hands on Dan's face? Yeah. And actually, that whole show Jack and Tom are kind of all over Dan in many ways, Jack even tries to hug Dan at one point who says flat out no and Jack says "oh fine" and makes a joke of it but it seems awkward? Like Jack was joking, Dan genuinely didn't want to be touched and Jack tried to shrug it off despite his attempt at being funny or "shippy" falling embarrassingly flat.

But Phil comes up behind Dan, shoves both his hands all over his cheeks before anyone else can? Doesn't move them to make room for anyone else to get into the joke. Ben is stuck with only kind of touching Dan's face. It kinda feels jealous to me and it amuses me greatly.

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

There's a good example of jealous!Dan in this collab with Charlieissocoollike

at 0:45 -

And I made a gif of the moment as well. :lol:
Just look at Dan's jealous little priss faces as he eyes Phil and Charlie laughing together:

And his sad little priss faces as he busies himself with his little orange clay:

busy being happy~
anathema
morning quiff

oqua wrote: And his sad little priss faces as he busies himself with his little orange clay:

"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
dollicious
spork

pearshaped34 wrote:

Younow with Adam where Dan is acting jealous (around 55:40).
i was going to say this part because it is my personal favorite jealous dan moment. the face dan makes after phil says he and adam spent a week in dublin is the funniest thing ever. i wish this was in better quality so i could gif it and keep it forever.

this was said as a joke so i don't know if it really counts as him being jealous, but:

the other moments i can think of that haven't been mentioned already are from deleted videos but if you can watch them i would recommend because they are hilarious.
1) Dan's video "WORLD'S FASTEST COIN STAKER" from 2011. i had to keep pausing this because i was laughing so hard - i have never seen someone so salty. (i think a big part of this was just him being a sore loser but i think could also qualify for being jealous).
2) Dan's video "E3 2010! - L.A. Vlog" from 2010. i find this video extremely hard to watch but dan's jealous face at 3:35 is priceless. phil: "cause i was a VIP and you weren't." :lol:
do you like d&p?
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

dollicious wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:

Younow with Adam where Dan is acting jealous (around 55:40).
i was going to say this part because it is my personal favorite jealous dan moment. the face dan makes after phil says he and adam spent a week in dublin is the funniest thing ever. i wish this was in better quality so i could gif it and keep it forever.

this was said as a joke so i don't know if it really counts as him being jealous, but:

the other moments i can think of that haven't been mentioned already are from deleted videos but if you can watch them i would recommend because they are hilarious.
1) Dan's video "WORLD'S FASTEST COIN STAKER" from 2011. i had to keep pausing this because i was laughing so hard - i have never seen someone so salty. (i think a big part of this was just him being a sore loser but i think could also qualify for being jealous).
2) Dan's video "E3 2010! - L.A. Vlog" from 2010. i find this video extremely hard to watch but dan's jealous face at 3:35 is priceless. phil: "cause i was a VIP and you weren't." :lol:
Ohh god the eyeroll :roll:
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
hannah
butt chair

syzygy wrote:
btw, while searching i found this - does anyone know the radio show/have the video for context? i'm guessing it has been blown out of proportion a bit but i don't remember this moment and it looks amusing so i'm curious.
I would really like to know this too!
dollicious
spork

hannah wrote:
syzygy wrote:
btw, while searching i found this - does anyone know the radio show/have the video for context? i'm guessing it has been blown out of proportion a bit but i don't remember this moment and it looks amusing so i'm curious.
it is from this radio show @ 16.32:
since it wasn't an instant reaction it just kinda looks like resting bitch face to me.
do you like d&p?
hannah
butt chair

dollicious wrote:
hannah wrote:
syzygy wrote:
it is from this radio show @ 16.32:
since it wasn't an instant reaction it just kinda looks like resting bitch face to me.
Yay, thank you. :D
Yeah, that didn't seem like anything at all, she didn't even sound flirty to me. smh phannies
onetruetrash
blobfish

How has no one brought this up yet?
ellainebetz
not a first-time poster

It's cool guys
saffarinda
truth bomb

not dan directly being jealous but matt g heavily implied in here that dan was somehow interfering with how much time he got to spend with phil/talk with him at conventions

(also he calls dan an asshole lmao)

25/04/2017 - #blessed