danisnotsubtle

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
IckleMissMayhem
koi pond
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Fri May 06, 2016 1:00 pm

It's not just Phil - he'll get wound up over Dil too! (@11:00-11:10)
That cactus problem video though. Just replayed it a few too many times...



User avatar
Ticia
suspended
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm
Pronouns: her / she
Location: Europe

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by Ticia » Sat May 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Image

Image

Friendly reminder as well that Phil goes commando
Image

annetamiau
lady door
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by annetamiau » Sat May 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: the cactus video. I know people assume Phil was talking about Dan when he said 'what would you do if a boyfriend was paying more attention to a cactus than you?' to Mollie, but I've always had the feeling that it was Dan who had actually complained about Phil not paying enough attention to him maybe a few days before and Phil said that just to rile Dan up. I can actually picture the situation in my head in a very detailed way :lol: Dan's comment after that was a bit strange too: 'Even if it was an expensive cactus?', and he seemed quite surprised by Mollie's answer (who btw directed such answer at them both for no apparent reason). (This whole setting is 100% speculation, but it's at least plausible, isn't it?).

Regardless of the cactus moment, I really do think Phil likes to rile Dan up, especially in radio shows (RIP). Other examples include that 'remember when we saw Avatar and we bought those 3D glasses?' comment followed by Dan's 'Oh shit' stare at the camera, or the 'Seriously, how long will I love... Ellie Goulding' moment. I really hope there's a radioshow 2.0 in the horizon, some of its moments are pure gold. I want it back.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat

trashqueen
blaze it
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:46 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: south america

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by trashqueen » Sat May 07, 2016 6:47 pm

annetamiau wrote:Re: the cactus video. I know people assume Phil was talking about Dan when he said 'what would you do if a boyfriend was paying more attention to a cactus than you?' to Mollie, but I've always had the feeling that it was Dan who had actually complained about Phil not paying enough attention to him maybe a few days before and Phil said that just to rile Dan up. I can actually picture the situation in my head in a very detailed way :lol: Dan's comment after that was a bit strange too: 'Even if it was an expensive cactus?', and he seemed quite surprised by Mollie's answer (who btw directed such answer at them both for no apparent reason). (This whole setting is 100% speculation, but it's at least plausible, isn't it?).

Regardless of the cactus moment, I really do think Phil likes to rile Dan up, especially in radio shows (RIP). Other examples include that 'remember when we saw Avatar and we bought those 3D glasses?' comment followed by Dan's 'Oh shit' stare at the camera, or the 'Seriously, how long will I love... Ellie Goulding' moment. I really hope there's a radioshow 2.0 in the horizon, some of its moments are pure gold. I want it back.
i always interpreted the cactus moment that way too

and another (the most recent i think?) example of phil riling up dan is the 'that was lion... babe' moment :lol: i need a compilation video of all of those
Image
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'

User avatar
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:49 am
Pronouns: she/they
Location: California

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by adequate duck » Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Ticia wrote: Image

Friendly reminder as well that Phil goes commando
I might have just rewatched this gif several hundred a few times.

"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester

User avatar
PolarFox
procrastinator
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Alderaan

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by PolarFox » Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

chiccola wrote:Awww, the video with Louise made me climb into the Phan trash once again hahha.
Anyone else noticed Dan's look when Phil hit Louise in the boob with the knee and they had a moment of laughing together?
Image

He definitely is the jealous kind :lol:
Just sending this here from the main thread. Cuz we're all trash for not so subtle Dan.
Image
Awww! You clicked on my signature!

GreenLight
smol bean
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:08 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by GreenLight » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:42 pm

some Dan vs Cat jealousy
of course this could all be written off as Dan just being a territorial friend or maybe I'm even looking too far into things but this is all for fun. some of these are also just Dan being done with cat and are not necessarily jealousy based. Sometimes when I watch Cat vlogs I feel like Dan and Cat are competing for Phil's attention.

First at 5:35 which I believe has already been mentioned but it's Dan going into the butterfly garden with phil and cat even though he cannot stand moths
15:11-16:04 Dan making sassy remarks at Cat
16:04-17:20 Dan cannot go unnoticed lol
21:48-22:40 sassy Dan makes another appearance
Image

User avatar
Winston
blobfish
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by Winston » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:31 pm

GreenLight wrote:some Dan vs Cat jealousy
of course this could all be written off as Dan just being a territorial friend or maybe I'm even looking too far into things but this is all for fun. some of these are also just Dan being done with cat and are not necessarily jealousy based. Sometimes when I watch Cat vlogs I feel like Dan and Cat are competing for Phil's attention.

First at 5:35 which I believe has already been mentioned but it's Dan going into the butterfly garden with phil and cat even though he cannot stand moths
15:11-16:04 Dan making sassy remarks at Cat
16:04-17:20 Dan cannot go unnoticed lol
21:48-22:40 sassy Dan makes another appearance

I always thought it was funny when people would couple Dan and cat. I always thought (think) she seemed more interested in Phil. And they (phil and cat) have a bit more chemistry tbh, than Dan and cat. The competing for his attention thing I noticed, except cat doesn't seem to notice and Dan is just like "notice me" sometimes.
actions speak louder than words

IckleMissMayhem
koi pond
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:41 am


6:07 "I'm gonna find you an' I'm gonna break your legs"

Calm down Dan, it's only a username! :shock:

Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by Sakura Selfie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
Image

IckleMissMayhem
koi pond
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 pm

biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...

Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by Sakura Selfie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:01 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...
That's interesting, I don't know why I asked tbf because Phil doesn't strike me as the jealous type but I would have thought there'd be a few more examples of it than there are, maybe he's just a lot better at hiding it if it does happen
Image

User avatar
papierklemmen
flower crown
Posts: 726
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 am

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by papierklemmen » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 pm

ok i swear there must be something wrong with me, maybe i'm really bad at physiognomy and reading faces, but i really can't see jealousy on dan's face in most of the posted here vids. i only see some glimpses of it in the bwest fwend nicky one, but even then it's not very clear if it's played up or not.

anyway, since we're allowed to post joke-y ones here too, i think the janice down the shop one fits the description :lol: :lol:


User avatar
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Germany

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by nephilimcat » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:46 pm

I don't know if I should love or hate jealous Dan. I do find it kind of cute and everything, but this possessive behaviour is not exactly healthy. I wonder how Phil keeps up with that. Idk, maybe it's just because I had this really possessive "best friend" and that's why I always get a little anxious when I see jealous Dan :? Phil also seems very confident and wouldn't isolate himself because of Dan's jealousy, so maybe it really doesn't matter and we can all appreciate Dan making a fool of himself :lol:
biatchqueen wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...
That's interesting, I don't know why I asked tbf because Phil doesn't strike me as the jealous type but I would have thought there'd be a few more examples of it than there are, maybe he's just a lot better at hiding it if it does happen
I feel like Phil is less insecure about himself and their friendship/relationship. He probably knows there's no need to be jealous, whereas Dan is the insecure type and therefore gets jealous about everything. Or he just gets jealous in a different way. Since Dan is generally more of a drama queen, Phil might just smile and later he cheekily mutes them and talks less to them, who knows? I'm a bit like that, it's a subtle jealousy nobody ever notices.
pulvis et umbra sumus

human
dan hand trash
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by human » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:26 pm

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Are there many examples of Phil being jealous? the only one I remember seeing is the Megan Fox thing
There's a few photos from '09/'10 that give off a slightly possessive vibe (malibu house party/halloween meetup) but not reeeeeeally...
I was just talking about this to oqua yesterday, but whenever I see that Dan liveshow with all the YouTubers, that moment when everyone puts their hands on Dan's face? Yeah. And actually, that whole show Jack and Tom are kind of all over Dan in many ways, Jack even tries to hug Dan at one point who says flat out no and Jack says "oh fine" and makes a joke of it but it seems awkward? Like Jack was joking, Dan genuinely didn't want to be touched and Jack tried to shrug it off despite his attempt at being funny or "shippy" falling embarrassingly flat.

But Phil comes up behind Dan, shoves both his hands all over his cheeks before anyone else can? Doesn't move them to make room for anyone else to get into the joke. Ben is stuck with only kind of touching Dan's face. It kinda feels jealous to me and it amuses me greatly.


User avatar
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by oqua » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 pm

There's a good example of jealous!Dan in this collab with Charlieissocoollike

at 0:45 -


And I made a gif of the moment as well. :lol:
Image
Just look at Dan's jealous little priss faces as he eyes Phil and Charlie laughing together:

Image

And his sad little priss faces as he busies himself with his little orange clay:

Image
busy being happy~

anathema
moon room
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:10 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: hell

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by anathema » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 am

oqua wrote: And his sad little priss faces as he busies himself with his little orange clay:

Image
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."

dollicious
spork
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by dollicious » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:22 am

pearshaped34 wrote:

Younow with Adam where Dan is acting jealous (around 55:40).
i was going to say this part because it is my personal favorite jealous dan moment. the face dan makes after phil says he and adam spent a week in dublin is the funniest thing ever. i wish this was in better quality so i could gif it and keep it forever.

this was said as a joke so i don't know if it really counts as him being jealous, but:


the other moments i can think of that haven't been mentioned already are from deleted videos but if you can watch them i would recommend because they are hilarious.
1) Dan's video "WORLD'S FASTEST COIN STAKER" from 2011. i had to keep pausing this because i was laughing so hard - i have never seen someone so salty. (i think a big part of this was just him being a sore loser but i think could also qualify for being jealous).
2) Dan's video "E3 2010! - L.A. Vlog" from 2010. i find this video extremely hard to watch but dan's jealous face at 3:35 is priceless. phil: "cause i was a VIP and you weren't." :lol:
do you like d&p?
Image

Skeletorsrighthand
living flop
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:41 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by Skeletorsrighthand » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:49 am

dollicious wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:

Younow with Adam where Dan is acting jealous (around 55:40).
i was going to say this part because it is my personal favorite jealous dan moment. the face dan makes after phil says he and adam spent a week in dublin is the funniest thing ever. i wish this was in better quality so i could gif it and keep it forever.

this was said as a joke so i don't know if it really counts as him being jealous, but:


the other moments i can think of that haven't been mentioned already are from deleted videos but if you can watch them i would recommend because they are hilarious.
1) Dan's video "WORLD'S FASTEST COIN STAKER" from 2011. i had to keep pausing this because i was laughing so hard - i have never seen someone so salty. (i think a big part of this was just him being a sore loser but i think could also qualify for being jealous).
2) Dan's video "E3 2010! - L.A. Vlog" from 2010. i find this video extremely hard to watch but dan's jealous face at 3:35 is priceless. phil: "cause i was a VIP and you weren't." :lol:
Ohh god the eyeroll :roll:
Image
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

hannah
butt chair
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 am

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by hannah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:24 am

syzygy wrote:
btw, while searching i found this - does anyone know the radio show/have the video for context? i'm guessing it has been blown out of proportion a bit but i don't remember this moment and it looks amusing so i'm curious.
Image
I would really like to know this too!

dollicious
spork
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by dollicious » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:50 am

hannah wrote:
syzygy wrote:
btw, while searching i found this - does anyone know the radio show/have the video for context? i'm guessing it has been blown out of proportion a bit but i don't remember this moment and it looks amusing so i'm curious.
Image
I would really like to know this too!
it is from this radio show @ 16.32:
since it wasn't an instant reaction it just kinda looks like resting bitch face to me.
do you like d&p?
Image

hannah
butt chair
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 am

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by hannah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 am

dollicious wrote:
hannah wrote:
syzygy wrote:
btw, while searching i found this - does anyone know the radio show/have the video for context? i'm guessing it has been blown out of proportion a bit but i don't remember this moment and it looks amusing so i'm curious.
Image
I would really like to know this too!
it is from this radio show @ 16.32:
since it wasn't an instant reaction it just kinda looks like resting bitch face to me.
Yay, thank you. :D
Yeah, that didn't seem like anything at all, she didn't even sound flirty to me. smh phannies

onetruetrash
blobfish
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: the land of eagles and sugar

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by onetruetrash » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

How has no one brought this up yet?

ellainebetz
not a first-time poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:08 am

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by ellainebetz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 am

It's cool guys

saffarinda
truth bomb
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:01 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: danisnotsubtle

Post by saffarinda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:06 pm

not dan directly being jealous but matt g heavily implied in here that dan was somehow interfering with how much time he got to spend with phil/talk with him at conventions

(also he calls dan an asshole lmao)

25/04/2017 - #blessed

Post Reply