Hollywood - Dolby Theatre - 23rd June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

blueapple_x wrote:Thanks for your review cora808! I can't wait to see the alternate ending when it becomes available to everyone!
I remember when I went to the Toronto show I was talking to some people who said they've seen/heard that D+P did some of the "other" fanfic options before?

Does anyone remember if during the UK tour (or even during the US tour) they did any of the other fanfic options (space, pirates, cake)? Not all three in one show but at least one of them? Or was this the very first time they did anything other than cowboys, camping and french girl?
they definitely did a mixture of the fanfic options in the uk. We didn't have the space and cake option though. From memory it was:
Pirates vs Cowboys
Camping vs party.
Draw like a French girl vs dance off
Cora - thank you so much for your review, it was a very interesting read. There are so many bits I want to quote and agree with but I am on my phone right now and it will take ages. It is interesting to know they used the melapples and the Dil-doll again in the crafty corner, they definitely used those in the last show in the UK (the one that was filmed). I don't remember them using a Phil trash no1 trophy but they may have done, it was so long ago now.
Some of the things you've said about Dan being very staged and polished, I agree 100% with this. I said it before, the times I've met him he has been so different to his on stage persona. It's funny to see him on stage because he puts his all into it but he does come across very scripted. I also noticed they did the thing where they don't actually look at the crowd, glad someone else noticed it too.

Also, thanks achika for your review too! Glad you managed to get a ticket and your day improved :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

cora808 wrote:Oh my god, I feel like such a failure as the unofficial "creepy one" of IDB.

How could I have forgotten to mention the "Don't mention the dead rabbit!!" part!!

Good review, achika!
it's okay, I was there with the assist! and thank you!
tilltomorrow
drama llama

blueapple_x wrote:
corn flakes wrote:Great review cora808

blueapple_x
I don't have a good memory so maybe I dreamed it: but didn't once juliet tweet something related to that, like can't believe they choose pirates, only to delete it later on?or were we only speculating in the main thread?
Oh yeah I remember that being discussed! I think they probably did at least one of the different options at another show. Maybe never the cake one though
there was at least one pirates->space->french girl pick. and by some miracle someone recorded a bit of it in a video on YT and didn't have it taken down.

also cora808 and hiddenwombat:

I sat directly behind you guys at the 2:30 show bc I remember seeing you guys take the pic with the cherries in the cup (creepy lvl 1M, I know) :shock:
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

tilltomorrow wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:

blueapple_x
I don't have a good memory so maybe I dreamed it: but didn't once juliet tweet something related to that, like can't believe they choose pirates, only to delete it later on?or were we only speculating in the main thread?
Oh yeah I remember that being discussed! I think they probably did at least one of the different options at another show. Maybe never the cake one though
there was at least one pirates->space->french girl pick. and by some miracle someone recorded a bit of it in a video on YT and didn't have it taken down.

I sat directly behind you guys at the 2:30 show bc I remember seeing you guys take the pic with the cherries in the cup (creepy lvl 1M, I know) :shock:
how tf did you remember that but not us jumping out of our seats and tag teaming our bathroom breaks mid show :lol:
tilltomorrow
drama llama

hiddenwombat wrote:
tilltomorrow wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:

blueapple_x

how tf did you remember that but not us jumping out of our seats and tag teaming our bathroom breaks mid show :lol:
I remembered that too once I realized it was you guys. I just didn't put everything together until I saw the picture at the end and had my :o moment. :lol:
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

tilltomorrow wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:
tilltomorrow wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:

blueapple_x

I remembered that too once I realized it was you guys. I just didn't put everything together until I saw the picture at the end and had my :o moment. :lol:
Hah! Amazing. We got rather good at leaping over those seats after a couple tries. Lady like, no? We also got a photo of ourselves with the crowd behind us which means there's a good chance we have a photo with you. Does that make the creep level even now?
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I don't know why I didn't see this thread before. I was at the 2:30 show! I didn't know what IDB was then, so sorry I didn't see anyone. I just stood there lonely and tried to make conversation with the hyperventilating teenagers around me. I sat in the balcony and had a good time. Can't wait to see the close ups.