Costa Mesa - Segerstrom Center - 22nd June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

BUY TICKETS

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x

Attending:
Rusty
Achika
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm going!
kay
phabergé

I'll be there too~
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

I, too, will be at costa mesa
jess
living flop

*raises hand*
tilltomorrow
drama llama

me too!
mom
first-time poster
Pronouns: they/them

i'm going!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

To everyone who is going tonight, have fun and come and tell us all about it afterwards
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Have fun everyone, hope you'll enjoy the show.
majitzu
angel bean

So much people going. I'll be waiting for your reviews
corn flakes
moon room

Last edited by corn flakes on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Lain
eclipse shirt

blueapple_x
flower crown

Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

hahahahahahha!!!!

Their faces in both of red-haired girl's photos.

The very embodiment of "help."
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Nothing has been as cringey as their faces in the phan proposal photo. I can't look at it because it's that bad!
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I think I'm the only one that does not think anything off these pics, I get the vibe that is just going with the flow and takes it all as a joke. I'm pretty sure if is not comfortable, they would just politely refuse or come up with an alternative. Its just an extension to their own fanfiction joke on TATINOF
jess
living flop

I'm shite at writing reviews & I'm tired as fuck, but I guess I'll give it a go...

M&G seemed to take forever for this show... I'm not sure why. I felt about a billion years old in that room. Luckily everyone was pretty restrained & only commenced the screaming from hell when made their entrance. It quickly subsided during the actual M&G. My friend & I decided to hang back since we weren't in a huge rush & I might have been hiding from some children people I recognized from an old job of mine. :? We ended up going second to last. While I was waiting to turn the corner, one of the girls who met them right before me busted out a goddamn french horn & started playing a bit of "The Imperial March." Dan's smiling head whipped around the backdrop & scared the daylights out of me. Everyone clapped for the girl & she looked an amazing combination of terrified/proud as fuck. :) Not even a Star Wars fan here, but that was a pretty darn unique & cool thing to do. Just my luck that someone does something super badass right before me. :o 8-)

I was surprised about how strict the staff were with "open the book to the page you want, hold it like this, don't close it, do not shift slightly to the left, do not put your sweater down on the floor because we're afraid you'll trip and die." I get that they have a lot of nervous/crying/emotional as fuck people at these things, but I was pretty fucking zen & it was a bit off-putting to be spoken to like a child. I kept a finger in the book while closing it slightly just 'cause it's awkward to hold a book open & ready for any amount of time. The woman started side-eyeing me pretty hard, so I got scared & just re-opened the book completely & stood there like a nerd. When it was my turn, Dan came at me for one of his "get the fuck away from me" hugs & compliment my hair (I have no doubt that he was sincere as fuck ). He was saying something to me & Phil literally just appeared out of fucking nowhere from behind Dan. He said hello & just lurched at me for a hug catching me completely off guard. Dan asked if I wanted them to sign the book (got another standard Dan line: "nice page choice"). Phil asked how my day was going so far. I told him long as fuck since I had to wake up at 5am to go to work earlier & he made an adorable :shock: face.

After they signed the book, I decided to go ahead with the creepy Radiohead fan portion of the M&G (would any of you expect any less from me? ). I brought a Radiohead hoodie that I've had for probably 13+ years that I bought as a back up since I loved my original one so much. It was the wrong size & I actually still wear my original one, so I never ended up using this one & I never really knew what I was gonna do with it. When I got M&G tickets, I thought "Hmmm... this is kinda perfect for Dan, maybe I'll give it to him?" I brought it with me, but didn't really decide to give it to Dan until he was right in front of me. I gave him a whole speech about how old the hoodie is & that I would only give it to him if he actually liked it & thought he would wear it. I didn't want him to just accept it to be nice nor did I want it to end up in the trash or in a box in the corner of his room. I showed him the hoodie (it's black w/ a grey crying minotaur on the back & it has thumb holes!) & his face just lit the fuck up. He assured me that he'd wear it "everyday" (sure, Daniel :roll: ) & that he really loved it. Then he gave me another "get the fuck away from me" hug. Gotta love that even when he's genuinely taken aback by a nice gift from a creep he'll go in for another unsolicited hug, but it'll still be the same awkward shit. Gotta love that Daniel.

After the hoodie creepiness came the selfie portion (I literally do not take selfies because I'm old as fuck & it just isn't my thing). Dan was like, "Do you want to talk a selfie?" & I replied... "Uhhh... sure" 'cause -pressure. He got the long arms line in there, of course. After the horrible selfies were over I said my thanks yous & goodbyes & scooted over to watch my friend meet them. My friend & I both agreed after the M&G that Dan is definitely a nervous talker & if you don't get in there & basically make him hush, he will just talk to fill the silence.

Actual show stuff behind spoiler 'cause it'll contain some of those:
We were 4th row center for this show. The screaming & singing was motherfuckingintense for this show. I've been to some screechy shows in the past, but this very well may have been the loudest audience I've ever experienced. We had some particularly loud ones behind us who damn near blew my ears out, but hey, at least they were having an amazing time?

The default Dan stage pose is just ridiculous. I love the man & I know he's awkward as fuck, but that stance it just too much to take seriously at times. I kept expecting him to say "I'm a real boy" at any moment. At the same time, it is completely endearing because he's Daniel. The beginning of the show made me cringe like no other with the lion & llama shit. I was terrified that it'd all be that level & I that would hate it.

Luckily the show got much better as it went on & I really enjoyed the actual segments for the most part. This shit won't be in order because terrible memory, yo. Quick rundown:
  • The 7SC is just meh for me, but I shamelessly love whale Dan. I don't even care how creepy that makes me... whale Dan is sexy as fuck in all the worst ways.
  • I really enjoyed the magic section even if a lot of the tricks were really obvious to me (I sound like such a magic hipster right now ). I liked that Phil didn't talk during the magic bit. That made it all the more precious to watch.
  • Weird kid was pretty endearing. Gonna sound like a total Dangirl, but Dan's failed selfies were fucking glorious.
  • ISG was less horrible than I thought it'd be as well. I knew the Evan Peters line was likely coming, but I welcomed it all the same. Male attraction mentions all day, every day, please. Though why couldn't "stalking him until he loves you, amirite?" become the standard thing instead. 8-)
  • Crafty corner has some pretty decent stuff as well. Someone made as Undertale characters. I can't really remember the other crafts since I fail at life & I'm tired right now.
  • I wasn't a huge fan of the PINOF segment... though some of the usernames were pretty fucking brilliant. Also, Dan's face in the Shiba Inu sanctuary photo destroyed my soul both times. I don't know if I've ever seen anything that precious before. The twerking... *sigh* please stop it.
  • Existential crisis... I'm pretty done with it. Sorry, Daniel. Giant Dil head is terrifying. TERRIFYING. Not a fan. But the things he said were pretty darn sweet & you could tell the entire audience was getting emotional as fuck.
  • The song & the outfits were clearly the best part of the show. I loved seeing them fully commit to something like that, especially Dan since he's such a sarcastic little shit 99% of the time. Phil definitely leads the dancing & Dan follows. It works out well since it results in Dan eyeing Phil down for some functional fan service.
General thoughts: This Dan fan definitely appreciated Phil more post-TATINOF. To me, Phil seemed way more comfortable up there than Dan, even though I feel like I've read more people saying that Phil is awkward. I dunno, I felt the complete opposite. The show is scripted as fuck, but I expected that & I embraced it. I also liked all the low-key rainbows that popped up during the show (the scarves, Phil outlining his face in a rainbow, rainbow lights... just abunchafuckin rainbows!). TATINOF definitely made this phanagnostic creep closer to the phan side of things, though I still firmly believe they can be whatever the fuck they wanna be.
tl;dr I like Radiohead & I say creepy a lot!

That was was longer than expected... but ya'll get my ramblings since no one in real life wants to listen to my bullshit. Hopefully someone made it through to the end. If you did, I appreciate you.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for your review jess, I enjoyed reading it.

Now let's hope Dan will wear the Radiohead hoodie.
corn flakes
moon room

jess your review was gold

I also want to see dan wear the hoodie.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Lain
eclipse shirt

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, jess! As a fellow Radiohead stan, I'm especially delighted that you gave him your hoodie. 8-) Hope he wears it in a vid.

I have to ask, though ... what the shit is whale Dan and why did you find him sexually arousing?? :lol:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Jess! Your review is so good, we had pretty much the same reaction to all the sections of the show.

I will be waiting for Dan to wear your hoodie in the next liveshow.
jess
living flop

Thanks, guys. There'll be a slight RH hoodie update in my LA review (spoiler!) whenever I find the time to write it.
Lain wrote:I have to ask, though ... what the shit is whale Dan and why did you find him sexually arousing?? :lol:
I'm just a full on weirdo. The challenge was something like "Become a whale & swim to the other side of the room." I believe it happens at every show? I dunno, something about Dan's whale impression just made me creepily happy... it was strangely sexual. Or maybe I'm just that creepy since no one I spoke to about it agreed with me. I'm just shaming myself in a corner. :lol:
jess
living flop

Forgot one random thing, but it made me happy very happy to see so: I waited in line at the box office to buy these tickets when they went on sale since I knew this on sale would be a mess. One of the dads that I was in line with was talking so much shit on saying that he hated them & that they were "just terrible." I ended up seeing him at the show with his two kids. The dad had cat whiskers drawn on & wore the fucking flower crown from the gift bag during the show. It just warmed my heart because dude was talking some serious shit, but he's such a good dad that he went all out for his kids & he seemed to actually be enjoying himself at TATINOF!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Bless you for this review, jess. I'm excited for the hoodie update!
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks for the review Jess :platonic: