Cupertino - Flint Center - 16th June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

BUY TICKETS

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

OK, I am kind of middle aged, fat, and cranky, but I am willing to hang out before the show if anyone needs a friend to do so...
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

I'm meeting up with an internet friend, if anyone else wants to hang out before the show I'm willing to. Just an average university student who will be cringing if anyone shouts protip or craft.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

To those going tonight, have lots of fun! :yippee:
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Have an amazing time everyone who's going
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Hoping adequack & lavenderpetals met up
adequate duck
cheeky #spon

Not yet! But that's the plan for a little later. It's still a few hours away.
sweetmm
angel bean

adequack wrote:Not yet! But that's the plan for a little later. It's still a few hours away.
Have fun guys and be safe :platonic: We wait for the reviews ;)
especially on Phil
starlight-still
truth bomb

I'm going for it, cause I'm just here to have fun and share the

:thumb: :D Dan 8-) Phil :sideeye: :lol:
sweetmm
angel bean

Dan's hand look freakishly large here When Phil decides he has a straight back bone; difference with Dan is minimal
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Got back from TATINOF! Met up with adequack shortly before the show! Full review coming up soon. :)
adequate duck
cheeky #spon

I would like to report that lavenderpetals is a real person and is also an A+ human. Just in case any of you were wondering. I got to sit surrounded by parents who had no idea what was going on, so when I'm more awake tomorrow I'll report some of their reactions to the show and D&P.

Think I was the oldest non-parent there by, like, fifteen years ;)
sweetmm
angel bean

Will be waiting for you guys to wake up :platonic:
manged
lady door

Also drafting my experience and trying to make sense of the weird post-show funk I'm currently in.
sweetmm
angel bean

manged wrote:Also drafting my experience and trying to make sense of the weird post-show funk I'm currently in.
Well I'm very much awaiting for some post-show funk review
manged
lady door

I’m not typically driven to indulge in fan “events”. I’ll enjoy bands and musicians but rarely pursue tickets to a concert. I’d rather watch a TOTALLY NOT TORRENTED movie on my laptop over lining up at a cinema on opening weekend. You probably won’t catch me at a fan convention either. That’s mostly to do with me being a Frugal Frannie who would rather spend money on food than life experiences, but ultimately, I’m content with purging all my fanaticism online… under anonymous accounts.
So TATINOF was kind of my first experience going to something alone, solely because I am a fan of the thing and I wanted to be a part of a thing other fans were doing. I didn’t go into it expecting to be wowed by an amazing production. Instead, I wanted to see what the hype was about. I figured I’d eventually regret not going if I let the opportunity pass.

Entering the De Anza College campus, it first hit me that this was happening when I saw the buses parked beside the theater. These fucking buses have had me combing through the internet for layouts and virtual tours. Had me pausing twitter videos frame by frame just to catch a glimpse of their interior… and there they were, right in front of me. A n1gga was starstruck. Oh, and there are 3 buses. One of them appeared to be burgundy with silvery white swirls, one was just black, and then there was the black and gold star coach. They also have the blue and white truck.

As I neared the theater, I began to see flower crowns and anime shirts … and cat whiskers. Bihhh, I even seent a few kids wearing onesies in this motherfucking California heat! Now that’s commitment. RIP to them.

I spent most of the wait-time stressing over how to submit my “artwork” to Crafty Corner.
I didn’t want to be seen. I didn’t want to be spoken to. So the second I approached the table, I wedged the paper between two crafts and powerwalked the fuck outta there. I probably just drew more attention to myself by doing that lol.
Spoiler alert: they didn’t use it. I’m not trying to toot my own horn, but my Danye was more exciting than anything they did choose for the show. I’m just going to say that they choose whatever is easiest to comment on while staying in character and keeping things relatively PG. I’d like to think Dan folded it up and stuffed it in his pocket for later.

But honestly, I should’ve stayed in that lobby, because waiting in my seat was nearly torturous. These heffas behind me were doing the most. They said “fuck your eardrums, manged, we will belt it out to every gotdamn song on this playlist, and you’re gonna deal with it”. And they were right. I dealt with it. I sat my ass there and silently side-eyed them for 45 minutes.

So the show itself? I wish I could say I laughed so hard I peed or was completely blown away by x,y, and z. Truth is, I thought it was a cute little show and my fondness for them tripled by the end. Dan and Phil do white male mediocrity right! They aren’t incredible singers or dancers. Their delivery is so cheesy and over-the-top, as if to assure themselves that we all know this is scripted as hell. The story, while cute and creative, wasn’t cutting-edge. But they’ve found a way to win us over by just being endearing. Maybe that in itself is an extraordinary skill and talent.

I can’t even count how many times I physically smh’ed. I think I was a way too cynical for the winkx2-nudgex2 inside jokes and the heartfelt moments that were scripted into the show- like I was so unmoved during the Dil scene. There were two moments where I was compelled to say anything aloud: one was where Dan said “ frickin zazzed”, to which I muttered “shut up” under my breath. Second was the part during the song and dance where they held eye contact for 43 years. I think I said “fuck off”, but I couldn’t really hear myself over everyone's sobbing, so who knows.

Meanwhile, #TeamTooMuch behind me were having a fucking blast. They couldn’t wait for the chance to toss out some bantz of their own or scream at literally anything. Maybe I would’ve done the same had I been with a group of friends (and/or zooted out of my fucking mind.) Being there alone was kind of awkward ngl.

Now that it’s ended, I feel a bit… numb, I guess. Possibly brought on by seeing them in person, being as close to them as I will probably ever be, and yet being so far and disconnected from them- just another face in the crowd smiling fondly up at two guys who have affected their lives so much. It made me wish I’d gone for better seats. Sure, I had a decent view of the whole stage, but I would’ve loved to see their faces a bit closer, just so it could’ve felt a bit more “real”. So now, I’m left with some weird emptiness (that can only be filled with a new gaming video or a tour ditl ahem). Ugh, I’m so lame. I’m sure people who are used to fan-star interactions are better at coping with this.

But on a slightly less (or possibly more) pathetic note, it made me realize just how much I ~love~ them. I might’ve been rolling my eyes for most of the show, but do note that they were heart eyes at the same time. Whether you’re trying not to puke at a corny reference or shouting “DAN’S SUCH A MEME” at the stage, it all comes from a similar appreciation for them.

I’m sure I’ll go back to hating them within a week’s time.
sweetmm
angel bean

Wow a heartfelt romantic review :o
kuensukki
janice from the shop

manged this review was so you AHH I totally agree with having loud people around me but I embraced it just because of the environment of the show. I agree that your Danye was the greatest piece and I know Dan has it tucked inside his pillowcase as we speak! The tension after their dance number was so thick I thought they were going to rip each other clothes off (at least I hoped) Ii swear the boys are sneaky with this tour because I find myself making excuses for their lack of content and loving them blindly! Fondness x 1000! We will give it a week ;)
blueapple_x
flower crown

manged your review was damn hilarious! I love how blunt you are :lol:

These things in particular had me lol-ing (too lazy to quote properly):
"These heffas behind me were doing the most"
"Their delivery is so cheesy and over-the-top, as if to assure themselves that we all know this is scripted as hell."
"There were two moments where I was compelled to say anything aloud: one was where Dan said “ frickin zazzed”, to which I muttered “shut up” under my breath. Second was the part during the song and dance where they held eye contact for 43 years. I think I said “fuck off”, but I couldn’t really hear myself over everyone's sobbing, so who knows."
I also really like what you said here:
"The story, while cute and creative, wasn’t cutting-edge. But they’ve found a way to win us over by just being endearing. Maybe that in itself is an extraordinary skill and talent."

Sounds like we had similar tatinof experiences! I'm also not a person to indulge in fan events. Mostly cuz I'm a broke cheap ass and would really have to like a performer to pay good money to see them. I guess D+P made the cut Although ngl it still hurt my spirit wallet to pay to sit in orchestra, even if I got a nice close-up view of them

Btw that Danye drawing is amazing.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Manged, your review of the show is possibly definitely the best review I've read of the show so far.
Dan and Phil do white male mediocrity right!
Amen to that.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Great review manged. :lol:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Thank you for your review manged
Dan and Phil do white male mediocrity right! - manged, 2016.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Your review is my favourite so far, Manged. Thank you so much for posting it.

Laughing at #teamtomuch haha! And we all know Dan took Danye home and had some fun that night ;)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

Amazing review Manged. Thanks a lot for that.
I think you really managed to express how crazy indulgent and endeared we are with them because for better or for worse there is something about them that make us love them so much. That's just weird man.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
starlight-still
truth bomb

Is all I gotta say. I agree, best review so far. Let's see pull some quotes from this for their website.

And better move over 'cause that Danye piece is gorgeous.