Saint Louis - Peabody Opera House - 3rd June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

BUY TICKETS

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
RRR98
drama llama

My mom still hasent bought the tickets and shes making me go with my sister. I hope there will still be tickets available.
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

represent
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Up and at 'em!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

For those going tonight, have lots of fun.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Very cute.
corn flakes
moon room

English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

The show was positively lovely. :D It was really one of those things where I went in feeling very unsure about it all, but once I was there I got very involved, and honestly the entire venue started to feel like one big happy community. Is that too sappy? It might be.

Mini + brief spoilers ahead:

I don't think anything super notable happened in the show that hasn't happened in others. Dan made a joke about how he's been dating all the Evan Peters characters in American Horror Story in his head for the past few years and the audience went crazy for it, but his Evan Peters obsession has been well established by now.

During the real-life fanfiction bit, I was surprised about how far they were willing to go and how self-aware they were about the shipping. If anyone is unfamiliar, they have pre-made scripts that they follow and every couple minutes the audience will get to cheer for 2 choices of what they want to happen next. They ended up being cowboys who went camping together, and Phil drew Dan "like a french girl". There were a lot of sly comments from Dan like "of course you want us to go camping together as cowboys, I wonder why," and Phil saying "I wonder what's something we can do together out here while we're alone, and there's nobody watching us," and the narrator went as far as to narrate them starting to take off their clothes before they stopped the segment. I wonder what any uninformed parents might have thought of this bit

At the very end during their song and dance, there were a few choreographed seconds where they stood very close to each other and looked each other in the eyes for a good 10 seconds, and I'm not going to lie that there was something that felt really intimate about it and I was surprised by it. While I could start diving into the conversation of "it was total fanservice" but I realized that it's really only fanservice when I put my own interpretation behind it, as eye contact (even from 1 foot away) isn't really all that romantic.
But still, I'm not going to lie, whether they are together or not, they seem like two people who are more than incredibly comfortable being close and intimate with each other, and by watching them you can just feel how well their chemistry plays out and how well they click together, more than I ever felt from watching their videos or liveshows.

I could go into the spiel of "they really put so much work into the show," but that's been said a million times, so just know my views follow those as well. And with that I think I've covered all of the main thoughts I had.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for your review pixlexia. Glad to hear that you had a great time watching the show.
swofro
angel bean

That sounds lovely, pixlexia. Sounds like you have a great time

Favourite line from your review:
pixlexia wrote:by watching them you can just feel how well their chemistry plays out and how well they click together, more than I ever felt from watching their videos or liveshows
Love is forever
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks pixlexia I enjoyed reading the vibe you received whilst watching TATINOF :platonic: