Boston - Wang Theatre - 5th May

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

SquishPhan wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:all those girls need jesus :lol:
I'm loving this trend.
Same. I like these photos that are a bit more different than just the regular selfies :)
Waiting for the one of Dan getting the attention though.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

My god, I've never felt so old. No offense meant with that either. I just feel especially like a middle-aged nose pervert right now.
Philena
blobfish

rizzo wrote:My god, I've never felt so old. No offense meant with that either. I just feel especially like a middle-aged nose pervert right now.
Are you there by yourself?! Have fun !
kuensukki
janice from the shop

rizzo wrote:My god, I've never felt so old. No offense meant with that either. I just feel especially like a middle-aged nose pervert right now.
Aww don't feel old just enjoy the show! It's always better to go with friends or drunk because than you can let go of any inhibitions and have fun. That's the advice I got told for going to TATINOF.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Answering from my phone so I can't quote, but definitely not alone. Went with my roommate, who's also a fan so it was definitely a good time. We tuned out the defining screams with a few drinks.

Definitely had a GREAT time.

The show was INCREDIBLE. Like I'm honestly amazed and I know everyone says that. As soon as I'm able to (and honestly if I can remember anything especially interesting), I'll attempt to review it but BLESSBLESSBLESS I'm so proud to be a fan of theirs. :')
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Lovely to hear you had a wonderful time :platonic:
majitzu
angel bean

This kid is cute
nina41184 wrote:Image
It was the most fun Oliver has ever had.
Dan and Phil loved his Dil outfit. You can’t see his bunny slippers in the pictures, but he was rocking them. It was so fun watching him take pictures with all the girls that kept coming up to him. It was nice to see him feeling good about himself, so thanks to everyone who complimented him tonight!
And the show was AMAZING!
tumblr post
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Right, so this is basically a dissertation-length stream of consciousness more for my own memory than anything else, but enjoy this semi-literate review-ish thing if you care:
My memory is very much blanking on me right now, but wow. What a fantastic night. I feel like I'm sort of just repeating what everyone else has said before, but these boys went ALL IN when putting together this show. And I'm aware I am but a lowly fan who'll shed a tear over anything they put even an ounce of effort into, but this was a full-on production and it was DAMN GOOD. I want to know how they pulled it all together. I want behind the scenes of creating the tour and designing the stage and editing the graphics and everything. I want everything.

Forgive me if I repeat something that's obviously not unique to the Boston show - I really did my best to avoid spoilers (aside from the occasional glance here and there..... i knew too many lyrics of that song for my own sanity).

The Llama's name was Larry today btw.

The 7 second challenges were fantastic. The one that sticks out the most was Dan having to do ~the Sexy End-Screen Dance~ and asking the audience for a moment of silence afterwards to honor that and Draw Phil Naked. The theatre did go quiet for a good millisecond. Truly a moment to cherish.

Anyway, Dan also had to name 5 things he didn't have in his suitcase. One of them ended up being "the audience" and upon reviewing that, he said we'd be a "condensed cube of meat" which was mildly horrifying and wonderful. He also had to do the macarena while describing The Hunger Games. That ended with a butt-wiggle, a small hop and "Angst!"

Phil had to rap about Boston. It was something along the lines of:
"Boston, Boston. You've got lots of squirrels. So nice to see you guys, you're all............. AWESOME!" (I personally felt like he was going to say "girls" and then changed his mind. Analyze that one if you want. He then claimed nothing rhymed with "squirrels".) He lost when he couldn't name 3 places he wouldn't want to visit "Cheeseworld. Poopland. And....???"

Crafty Corner was alright. Someone drew Dan as a wasp and Phil as a horse, both next to a tree. (It was about as beautiful as you're picturing it.) Dan noted that he looked like he was "craving the mineral" and just honestly.... I genuinely appreciate his encyclopedia-of-memes mind, because that shit is hilarious and he references it with SPEED.

As a whole, can I just say that I am in wonder at how quick-witted these two are in response to the live stuff? Like damn. DEY GOT DA JOKEZ.

Someone made a chip and salsa bowl with PINOF7 quotes on it. So they both reenacted that. I felt honored to have witnessed "DIP ME!!!" in real life.

Uncle Dan's Hotline was a beautiful thing. Nothing too different there, if I'm honest, and IDK how I felt about the mountain dew reference but, eh. I appreciate the show being adjusted for the U.S.... down to those sparkly, American flag jackets.

I really loved the occasional, more inappropriate joke that came out of this show. i'm thinking specifically about Phil being glad he had cleared out his laptop's trash (or something? i don't recall exactly but it gave me a good laugh.) And the fanfic portion when Dan's narrated to unzip what I'm assuming to be his pants and he interrupts it. Hilarious. I couldn't have asked for more gratuitous fan service.

I'm just overall really impressed (can you tell?) and especially how they managed to literally cover EVERY SINGLE Phandom joke. Every one. Even fucking Protip made it in there. Like FFS, that's marvelous.

Bonus: I went full nerd and took (quite literally) a second to chat with Martyn who is a sweetheart and has gotten hilariously comfortable with the fact that people want to get pics with him.
sweetmm
angel bean

Thanks rizzo :platonic:
majitzu
angel bean

Thankss, I want to go to the show, but well I will experienced it by your reviews and the video they are filming.

I'm always been impressed at their facility to make a story, or say a joke, referenced some of the phandom jokes, etc. Like I take a lot of time thinking what to said, and they do that so effortlessly (is that a word?).

Is good to know that Martyn is okay with all the photo stuff.

Thanks for the review again
tuukka
not a first-time poster

Alrighty, so I'm back from tonight's show and am wide awake and still all excited, so I feel like rambling a bit about my experience, if you care to read. :D
So I went to the show with a friend of mine who knew pretty much nothing about them. I sent him some videos for him to watch so he'd know what he'd be getting into and not be totally confused about what was going on in the show. I sort of kept away from spoilers before the show, but I had a vague idea of what would happen since I had read reviews during the UK tour. I also wanted to have a bit of an idea of what the show would be like before we went so I could know what to mention to my friend so he wouldn't be confused about the show.
So waiting in the lobby for the doors to open before the show was a bit of an intense experience for both of us. It was just SO SO many teens and tweens with cat whiskers and whatnot, so there was just a lot of cringey-ness all around us. My friend immediately wanted to get a drink in the lobby while we were waiting, and the only other people over there getting drinks besides us were a bunch of sad dads . When the dad in front of us in line got his drink, the lady behind the counter said "enjoy the show!" And the dad replied with "I won't!" We felt bad for the dads at the show throughout the night. And the merch line was crazy! It seemed to be wrapped around all over the place. Thankfully I didn't really want any of the merch, otherwise I think my friend would've murdered me.
As for the show itself, I loved the intro with all of the video clips right before they emerge from the microwave. Tht definitely built up the excitement and was one of the highlights for me. And I was going crazy right along with the tweens when they emerged on stage. It was just so crazy to see them IRL!
Another segment I enjoyed was the Why I was a weird Kid segment. My friend said that was one of his favorites, I think he said because he liked the graphics during that, specifically what I think were coins with Phils head in them? I'm not sure why this spoke to him so much, but he mentioned this more than once, so I guess he really liked it for whatever reason. Also, there were two girls seated right next to me that got chosen for this segment, so it was nice to see them so happy. Also, a couple of the people seated in the row right in front of me got chosen for Internet Support Group, so it was nice to see them so happy and having a great moment.
I also loved the fan fiction segment. So hilarious and fan service-y. Also Dan's Hunger Games macarena that rizzo mentioned was a highlight for me. And of course the musical ending was phenomenal.
I asked my friend what part he liked the least, and he said the part where they were Future Dan and Phil. I think he just didn't really get the references during it and thought it was weird. I also asked him to rate his TATINOF experience, and he said he rated it as a 6 or 7, so I thought that was pretty good since he knew nothing and has no interest in them!
Overall, I had such a fun night and was so happy that my friend didn't totally hate the show and the experience! He saved me from either having to go to the show alone or making my mom go with me, so i am eternally grateful for him agreeing to go with me! I'm so happy I was able to go to the show, since I highly doubt they'll ever be back in Boston. They did such a great job with the show and they obviously put a lot of thought into every detail!
human
dan hand trash

Aaaaaah we so enjoyed that. Me and Maz had custom cocktails beforehand and what a good show.
That Macarena about Hunger games was really great lol. Dan's little wiggle was pretty cute too lol.

The llama is definitely always Larry lol, has been called that three out of three times now for me haha.

DIP ME was just as funny onstage as it is onscreen lol.
This was by far the most packed venue. Beforehand you just couldn't do anything, merch queue was massive and afterwards it was just chaos. It was gross tbh and not a nice place for anyone who didn't like crowds. We managed to get out onto the street pretty fast but man, it was more packed than NY. Probably just as loud during the show though.
vincentian
hobbit hair

Thank you for the reviews!
rizzo wrote:As a whole, can I just say that I am in wonder at how quick-witted these two are in response to the live stuff? Like damn. DEY GOT DA JOKEZ.
Wow, I might actually believe that are good with improv live because it's not necessarily obvious just from videos/radio/ls. I guess they upped their game a lot for the tour, good for them!

And it's interesting to hear how people who haven't heard of them react to the show tuukka (lol at sad parents :lol:).
human wrote:DIP ME was just as funny onstage as it is onscreen lol.
Haha, I'd love to see not-so-innocent Phil live.
iero
phabergé

thanks for the reviews
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for the reviews. Glad to hear you all had a great time.

tuukka thanks for telling us what your friend thought of it, good to hear that he gives it a 6 or 7, I think that says a lot about the show. That even someone who knows for little about them can enjoy it.
sweetmm
angel bean

Thanks for the review tukka, I'm glad that your friend enjoyed it
eevee
emo goose

looking for phandom members in Boston

2 chill

message me
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia