butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

sweetmm wrote:Image
flopisnotonfire
I love how Phil's shirt actually matches the theme of the tutu
Jeweul
sad dimple

Awesome review, starlight. I loved it! I really like reading about the confused parents for some reason, it just makes me happy that someone who understands my interests is taking me. :lol:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

blueapple_x
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:
These were my favourite pics from this meet up! Although it's an innocent prom pose, I bet they feel uncomfortable being held like that haha. I wonder if they were sucking their stomachs in...not that they need to.
sweetmm
angel bean

blueapple_x wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
These were my favourite pics from this meet up! Although it's an innocent prom pose, I bet they feel uncomfortable being held like that haha. I wonder if they were sucking their stomachs in...not that they need to.
Phil is disappearing again just like the UK Tour, I hope by the end of this US leg there is still some of him left :(
blueapple_x
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
Phil is disappearing again just like the UK Tour, I hope by the end of this US leg there is still some of him left :(
I have to admit I don't really notice the small changes in weight. A couple years back they had a bit of pudge so it's noticeable how much weight they lost when looking at them now, but to me, they don't look any different from a couple of videos/liveshows ago before touring.

I agree Phil looks pretty thin, but I've always thought Phil was on the thinner side (since losing the pudge).
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

Starlight, I loved reading about your thoughts on their stage presence. Oh how I wish I'd get to experience Dan Howell's theatre persona, but I guess fate is just not on my side. I think we already get a hint to how comfortable they are on stage when they do stage interviews, in which Dan shines and takes the lead and Phil follows, but their chemistry makes it work. I really want to watch Dan act in a theatre production now oh gawd. He can probably pull off a musical given some vocal training.

Also, the mental image of baffled annoyed Broadway ushers was quite amusing. Now I have this halfway amusing and halfway disturbing mental image of audiences for all theatre shows being immature enthused as the phandom. I do hope this would encourage more teens to watch theatre though, but I'd argue there's still a long way to go from supporting your favourite Youtube crushes live and being willing to shell out big bucks for Les Mis? Though a girl can hope.
DryCereal
koi pond

districthirteen wrote:Also, the mental image of baffled annoyed Broadway ushers was quite amusing. Now I have this halfway amusing and halfway disturbing mental image of audiences for all theatre shows being immature enthused as the phandom. I do hope this would encourage more teens to watch theatre though, but I'd argue there's still a long way to go from supporting your favourite Youtube crushes live and being willing to shell out big bucks for Les Mis? Though a girl can hope.
Oh god... Definitely equal parts amazing and terrifying. Deafening too, I should think. Bit like when Idina Menzel came back for the finale of what should have been her last performance in Wicked (after she fell through the trapdoor a few days earlier and bust some ribs)...anyway.
as Elphaba & Glinda I mean Elders Price & Cunningham? Oh, but Elder McKinley? :thumb:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Fontao Inc - apparently is events management company based/registered in Staten Island. If the poster/notice is outside the venue it could just be so they can park their vehicles close by outside... Maybe not necessarily filming related...? IDK.
There was a fair bit of filming going on outside before the show. There was a guy filming people going inside and they also filmed D&P leaving (they did more filming on the 2nd May). I dunno if they filmed other venues, I just assumed they were doing a tour diary type thing, but the signs were all the way round the venue.
sweetmm wrote:This is the reality
There is a beautiful reenactment by our lovely emma on her tweet, I deleted the tweet when I realised she did not disclose her tweet handler here oops :facepalm:
Haha, here it is! We didn't go to the second night of the show - Human did so we went to go and pick her up afterwards and the screaming when they left is just so cringey imo. My bff isn't a fan of D&P, and this is her re-enactment of what she saw both nights, pretty accurate i'd say:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

Love it!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
human
dan hand trash

A few cute moments that I noted from the show (I'm rubbish at writing reviews so sorry lol):
* During the magic trick section, Dan made as if to throw Ribena over everyone and said his usual "you guys disturb me" but then added "just all there, MAKE ME WET" and he seemed to realise what he said after he said it, everyone laughed and to had to pause and visibly inwardly cringe. Not quite as epic as the dil-do moment but pretty close.

* During the pinof section, Phil forgot to freeze for the bit where Dan had to poke him awake again so after he'd finished drawing the whiskers, Dan just stared at him and they stared at eachother for moment before Dan moved onto their next scripted line haha it was kinda funny. Phil looked a bit thrown afterwards for a moment.

* I don't know if the sound was just better on this night but they harmonised the end of the song at the end more than on the 2nd. It was awesome.

* After the existential crisis part, the remote control car almost couldn't come out of the door, it went right for Dan's head and had to back up. But the scripts fell off so when the part came for them to take them off the car, Phil said "these scripts came off" instead and it seemed to cause Dan grief because his next line of "what are they?" didn't work so he said "what are they doing here?" instead I think and Phil said "they're scripts" haha. They got back on track after that by I only noticed it because I know the show lol it was pretty cute.
sweetmm
angel bean

Thanks human I wonder how many blunders they do for every show :lol:
Philena
blobfish

Thanks so much for your reviews, missemma and human. It is interesting to see how different people classify different sections of the show as being cringeworthy or not... Also, your friend's Dan impression was spot on.