Jacksonville - The Times Union Center - 25th April

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

BUY TICKETS

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

If anyone is going ????????! Have a fab time tonight!!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
FiveyWho
tol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm going! Very excited!!
phamnotof
morning quiff

FiveyWho wrote:I'm going! Very excited!!
oh yay for you! have a marvelous time! and if you'd write up a review afterwards, we'd all be really grateful
icklebrina
living flop

That's awesome! Have a fabulous time!

(and yes, do feel free to tell us about it :D)
FiveyWho
tol bean

Oh, definitely! I'm very interested in how each show will differ from each other, so I hope a lot of people write reviews
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

That's awesome, have fun! :platonic:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Have a good time, and yes come back and write a review and tell us all the good stuff that happened :D

A video of them arriving at the venue (with their shiny red tour bus)
majitzu
angel bean

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

This has got to be one of the best m&g photos so far: Couple other good ones: How hard is she pinching Phils face haha Literally at some girls feet haha
majitzu
angel bean

missemma wrote:This has got to be one of the best m&g photos so far:

Hahhaha I know, i never retweet anything but this was too good

Phil has the same face
SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote:This has got to be one of the best m&g photos so far:
So far it is definitely my favorite. Very clever.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

She also got this one. Haha I love Phils face
majitzu
angel bean

And a video of the end of the vip meet up

http://dailyphan.tumblr.com/post/143398815226
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Come and tell us all about the show. What was your highlight?
FiveyWho
tol bean

missemma wrote:
I will tonight, sorry about the wait! I have a paper due today and have been spending ridiculous amounts of time working on that :?
icklebrina
living flop

FiveyWho wrote:
missemma wrote:
I will tonight, sorry about the wait! I have a paper due today and have been spending ridiculous amounts of time working on that :?
Looking forward to it :D

Good luck with your paper!!
FiveyWho
tol bean

Ugh, okay, so school/work got a bit hectic there for a second, but I am back with that promised review!
For context, I am 18, so a bit older than the average fan I saw there. I took my sister who is 13 and a huge fangirl of D&P. She almost cried a couple of times from the excitement. I would peg her as a pretty average example of the fans who went. Dresses in all black, listens to Twenty One Pilots/Fall Out Boy, and calls herself emo.
We arrived at the theater at 6:10 wish, which was about 20 minutes before the doors opened. One thing I noticed that surprised me was that there were like 5 or 6 different people dressed in like pikachu/totoro/dragon onesies? I don't know if that's going to be common for other shows.
There were also a few people slapping at the doors like that would make them open faster :lol:
We were let in at 6:30, but we couldn't go to our seats until 7:00, which I thought was strange, but I assume it was because they wanted people to buy stuff. I had to search to find the drop off for the 7SC ideas and fan art, because it was shoved in a corner that was covered up by the huge mob of people at the merch table. About 15 minutes later Martin came out, stood on the merch table, and took a few pictures. I had my back turned, and honesty thought that Dan or Phil had shown up, because people screamed so loudly. Cornelia also came out, and they both took selfies with like 3 or 4 groups before leaving.
&:30 came and we were allowed to find our seats. I sat in the balcony, and would honestly recommend that to anyone who doesn't wasn't to go deaf by the end of the night. I also had a great view, because there wasn't anyone in front of me to block it.
There was a smoke machine going, and some flashing lights on the stage, as well as the playlist.
I don't know if anyone's posted it all yet, so I'm gong to put the part that played under a spoiler.
Kiss You - One Direction
Jealous - Nick Jonas
Hotline Bling - Drake
Pity Party - Melanie Martinez
Flesh Without Blood - Grimes
Sing - Ed Sheeran
New Americana - Halsey
Victorious - Panic! at the Disco (a lot of girls screamed when this came on)
The Sound - The 1975
Stronger - Kanye West
My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark - Fall Out Boy (everyone stomped on stuff to the beat)
and then after the show ended All Star started playing
The Beginning of the Show:
The last song actually got cut off a bit, if I remember correctly, and the prerecorded message of Dan and Phil telling people not to video it came on. Phil mentioned falling off of the stage in it :lol:
After that all the lights shut off and then a HUGE sound like the start of a roller coaster started. It actually made my sister and I jump! It was super cool, and I hope that the DVD can capture that moment correctly. After that the microwave tuned on, and there were random elective sparks everywhere (on the screens, of course) which then turned into a countdown/montage of D&P clips and random images (like Haru and Pikachu). After it got to PINOF1 the microwave door opened and D&P came out, which cause some VERY HIGH PITCHED screaming, and I was so thankful that I wasn't in the front where the sound was loudest. Dan was in his eclipse shirt, and phil was wearing his dark button down with the dots. Dan actually mentioned a couple of times in the show that he "only wears black" or something like that and I was like "mhmm yeah sure".
There were two things with sheets over them on either side of the stage, and Phil was like "what's under here?" so he ran over and yanked on it and there was a lion. He actually climbed up on it and threw one of his legs over the front so that it looked like he was "riding" it. Dan said "wow, Phil's mounted a lion". Then Dan said something sarcastically along the lines of "ohh, well I guess we ALL know what's under here, this is just like 2012" and ran to the other side of the stage and yanked the sheet off of a llama. Phil then kept shouting at him to "MOUNT THE LLAMA!!" which was super funny, and Dan eventually did. Phil then was like "ooh, what's this" and pushed a button that made the lion roar and it's eyes lit up. Dan copied him, but the llama's noise was just a recording of Dan going "MEEEH"
After Dan got off of the llama he told Phil to get off of the lion, but Phil kept saying that he couldn't, that he was stuck, and acted like he was scared. Dan turned to the audience and said "we're going to have a domestic." and then started shouting at Phil and stomping his foot. He actually started off by calling Phil "Phillip Lester", like he was an angry mom Phil got off in a hurry then, and stood with his head down and pouted like he was a toddler getting yelled at. Dan actually took a step towards him and Phil backed away which was so funny! :lol:
After that they were wondering why they were there and Dan asked Phil if he knew what had happened, and Phil mumbled something and looked away, so Dan asked him to repeat himself, and Phil ended up shouting that he had microwaved his laptop. Then Dan was like "why would you do that?" and Phil started talking about how he microwaves things when he is mad at them? Apparently it crashed or something. Dan got mad again and Phil backed away from him again (now that I think about it, it was kinda weird that Phil did that twice in 5 minutes?).Anyway, they came to the conclusion that Phil had single handedly destroyed the internet, and there was dramatic DUN DUN DUN music. At each DUN D&P moved into various dramatic poses :lol: Dan pulled a white Nokia phone out of his pocket at some point and was like "HOW WILL I USE TWITTER NOW!?"
After that they tried to decide what to do, and Phil was like "let's entertain them!!" and started talking about how he always wanted to do something, so Dan asked him what it was and Phil started singing, but Dan interrupted him. This actually happened a few times, and was so funny because Phil had certain motions he would do with each line, (which seemed different from the clips I've seen of the UK tour) and they were super adorable.
The show was split up into segments, but I don't 100% remember the exact order anymore, so I'm going to write about my favorites and put each under a different spoiler.

Internet Support Group
This was my PERSONAL FAVORITE segment. I was dying laughing throughout most of it. Phil wasn't on the stage anymore, so it was just Dan, and he started lamenting about how he wanted to do an ISG but since there wasn't any internet anymore, he couldn't do it. Cue infomercial music as a giant picture with "Uncle Dan's Support Hotline 1-800-CRISIS-CALL" scrolled across the screen. A phone that was sat on a box in the corner of the stage started ringing, and Dan plopped down on the box and answered the phone with something along the lines of "tell your uncle Dan all about it" and then trailed off and made a face at the audience before mumbling about never saying that again. There were prerecorded messages (assumably from audience members?) that he replied to. The questions were things like "how do I find my astetic" (buy a marble bust of your favorite celebrity, find a plant that speaks to your soul, and wear black), "how do I know you're a good influence on my daughter" (super funny!! He just kinda waffled and was like "idk") and "there is a biker gang of toddlers in my neighborhood, what do I do" (get a bitter bike than them and scare them off, apparently)
He answered the phone one more time and John Cena started playing. He got all mad and hung up and then the phone called again. He picked up the phone and Never Gonna Give You Up started playing. Even the unenthused parents laughed at that!
The Magic Show
It seems like they made this a lot longer. Phil doesn't wear a cape like the UK tour but a jacket with lots of pockets. He also didn't speak very much, just mimed at Dan, who would kind of translate to the audience through his reactions. Phil pulled stuff out of his mouth (or rather had Dan pull stuff out of his mouth), changed a handkerchief into a cane, and conjured a bowling ball and "cake". One highlight was Phil making a glass of Ribena levitate. When he tried to get Dan to drink some he jumped back and started shouting about how he would NOT be drinking any satan water, thank you! Phil made Dan climb into a box and disappear, then reappear with llama legs (maybe it was really just the bottom half of his fursuit? )
Time Travel
At one point they go into the microwave in order to time travel (I honestly don't even remember why now??) but Dan and Phil were "in" different screens on either side of the microwave, spinning like it was turned on (they even spoke to each other at one point, which was a cool effect) while the microwave itself showed fake headline of their lives. One was of Buzzed, the headline being "Dan and Phil open a Shiba Inu Rescue! You''ll Never Guess What Happens Next!" with an edit of them with a bunch of shibs. Another was of Knaye and Dan in front of a crowd with "Danye Win 2020 US Elections!". Stuff like that.
After that Dan and Phil hobble out of the microwave with trench coats and grey wigs on (I think they may have been wearing glasses, as well). They both had these green fold up chairs, and they made a bit of a production of setting them up and sitting down at the same time. They started reminiscing about "the good old days" and there were a few cheeky winks at the audience, like "why are all these people dressed so vintage?" "who can even understand these young people". After that they drew whiskers on each other and Phil froze/zoned out half way through drawing Dans. Dan grabbed his shoulder and spoke to him all patiently and brought him back to "reality". It was very sweet. Then Phil started talking about how Niall from 1D placed his consciousness into a potato ("at least he's proud of his roots!") and how robot Michael Jackson and 1D made a collab.
For some reason Dan and Phil set their hips to "twerk" mode and it was super funny until Phil collapsed and started talking about "one twerk too many" and died. It actually scared me when Dan started screaming, cause I was no expecting it. Dan dragged Phil back into the microwave (very slowly, because he was still trying to act like an old person lol) all while shouting "No! It's not going to end like this!!" and then he went back in time.
Dan tried to talk to Phil about how awful the future was and how it was horrible that he had died, but Phil was very nonchalant about it, and was more interested in complaining about the future fashion trends :lol:
(This led into the Existential Crisis segment)
Random Tidbits and Thoughts
-The stage must have been larger than the one that they practiced on, as the bottom the other stage (a tarp thing, probably to help make clean up easier) didn't reach within feet of the edge.--Because of this, Dan couldn't get a single plate that he threw to reach the audience. It would always land just an inch or two out of reach. He actually got visibly annoyed by this, and when the lights went off because of Dil he ran over and started trying to trow the paper plates again, but still couldn't get them to go far enough (bless him). He eventually just gave up and started to kick the plates to where the girls in the front could reach them :lol:
-Phil kept randomly squeezing his right fist. Is this a nervous habit of his or something? I had never noticed it before, but even when he was supposed to be "dead" he kept doing it.
-They changed their ending dance costumes from gold and black to American flag patterned. Their top hats had white stars on the top, which was super cute.
-Is Dil played by Martyn? I can't figure out who it is under that mask :?
-Dil's voice recording actually didn't play! Phil asked him a question and then D&P tried to awkwardly cover up the silence when Dil didn't reply. My sister didn't notice it, though, so I guess they did a decent job :lol:
-Two of Phil's houseplants were there! A cactus and then another one with wide leaves (IDK enough about plants to know what kind it is)
-There were so many screens and special effects. I hope that none of them break during transit, or that D&P at least have a backup plan! (crosses fingers)
-I think that the Fanfiction segment is already decided and that the crowd cheering has nothing to do with it lol. We got Cowboys in Space, the same as all of the other shows so far, I believe. The other options that weren't chosen were "Pirate", "Go Camping", and "Eat a Cake"
I will probably add more later, but this is already way over 2000 words If anyone has any questions I would love to answer them, though!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Great review FiveyWho.
I too wonder who the person playing Dil is.
Dan not being able to throw the plates to the audience makes me laugh, but it seems like he handled the situation as well as he could, so props to him.
I guess Phil squeezing his right fist is a nervous habit, although I do believe this is the first time I heard about it. If they ever come here, I will pay attention to it. :lol:
I’m loving reading all of these, every review just makes me more excited to go if/when they do an European tour.
majitzu
angel bean

Great review, thanks.

Martyn is not Dil.
hunnyftw
phabergé

FiveyWho thank you for such a long review! I swear if I read two or three more of these I'll be sending spam mail to D&P begging them to organise the European Tour :lol:
I love the image of Dan struggling with the plates. And oww poor Phil with his nervous ticks
majitzu wrote:Martyn is not Dil.
Can I ask you how do you know that? To be clear, I think it's highly unlikely that it's him, but you seem so sure that I gathered you may have more information on that :)
majitzu
angel bean

hunnyftw wrote:FiveyWho thank you for such a long review! I swear if I read two or three more of these I'll be sending spam mail to D&P begging them to organise the European Tour :lol:
I love the image of Dan struggling with the plates. And oww poor Phil with his nervous ticks
Can I ask you how do you know that? To be clear, I think it's highly unlikely that it's him, but you seem so sure that I gathered you may have more information on that :)
Mnmm idk is only that is not something I can see happening at all. His rol in the tour is the merch part of it. It doesn't make any sense for him to be doing the Dil part.
hunnyftw
phabergé

Ah, so no additional information then. Thanks for the clarification
And I agree with you that he's got other time-consuming tasks to do at this tour so this would seem like a completely unnecessary burden
sweetmm
angel bean

majitzu wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:FiveyWho thank you for such a long review! I swear if I read two or three more of these I'll be sending spam mail to D&P begging them to organise the European Tour :lol:
Mnmm idk is only that is not something I can see happening at all. His rol in the tour is the merch part of it. It doesn't make any sense for him to be doing the Dil part.
Moreover Martyn was in the seats watching the show in a few venues in UK & sat for the whole show in London.

Fiveywho thanks for the detailed review, it was worth the wait :platonic:
sweetmm
angel bean