Orlando - Playlist Live! - 22nd April

hunnyftw
phabergé

zvk, I have to repeat what everyone was saying and thank you, your review was really interesting Ugh, when they first announced the UK tour I was sure it's something I'd never ever want to see live. Then, as more and more reviews started pouring in, my attitude started to change ever so slightly. And now, especially when I'm reading comments as interesting as yours or missemma's, I find myself wishing they'd do European tour soon so that I can give them all of my money ;) How times change, right?
Lain
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

zvk

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I know you must have been exhausted!

I'm living off of these delicious spoilers because unfortunately I won't be able to attend either of the Toronto shows (my daughter is turning 6 that weekend, and in the end I couldn't justify postponing her celebration - although coming to that decision wasn't as easy as it should have been :lol:).
DryCereal
koi pond

Glad you had a fab time zvk thanks for the review/info! :)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
jess
living flop

Thanks so much for the detailed review, zvk! I'm more excited now & I'm on a hunt to track down photographic evidence of these new outfits! Can it be June already?

Looks like Playlist has a different selection of merch than they're selling at the shows? This is kinda disappointing. I was hoping they'd have new posters for sale at the shows. Oh wells.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Another one who thanks you very much for your throughout review zvk :platonic: Now I shall cross my fingers and hope for a European tour.
zvk
squish

:platonic: you guys are welcome! glad you like it

so i asked one of my friends earlier today if they remembered the kicked in the nuts thing, and towards the beginning dan asks for phil's best mickey mouse impression since they were in orlando, and after he does it, dan is like "mickey mouse impression? it sounds like you got kicked in the nuts." :lol:
mermaid blood wrote: let's hope the audience continues to humour them and we don't have a repeat of the UK date where a group was just yelling at them to fuck (or whatever it was).
thank god that didn't happen at the playlist shows, or not that i heard anyway, it's really weird because there were a lot of small kids there too, which i imagine was probably like that for the uk too, that's so inappropriate to be yelling in a room where a good portion of the audience are kids sitting right next to them.
mermaid blood wrote:
can i ask - the censored phanart book, was there any more to that bit than them opening it and those words popping up?
they were holding it up and kind of faux-freaking out, i don't remember which one said it but one of them was like, "what is benedict cumberbatch doing?!" and "how did that get there?"
mermaid blood wrote:
you don't have to, of course, whatever you're comfortable with; but would you mind saying whether the Dil part has changed since the UK? if you didn't read any reviews of that, i can provide. i'm just super curious about whether they've changed the wording, bc it seemed fairly poignant and interesting.
oooh yeah, the first time i heard that from the audio recording i think i got a bit weepy, i can honestly say it happened to me again when seeing it. my memory of the original wording from the uk tour is a bit hazy since it's been so long, so if you want to pm it to me i can confirm for sure :) i wanna say it's still the same when dil is addressing them each individually, but there's a slight addition at the end. dil says "just don't mess up my relationship." and dan says something along the lines of "don't worry, you and t-bag are forever." and then phil goes "i thought you were going to stop calling her t-bag!"
pearshaped34 wrote:Thanks for sharing Zvk and your picture is fantastic it's a shame it wasn't used.
Out of curiosity did the 16.30 show seem full to you as I know that one was never listed as being sold out on the website so just curious if it was a matter of there being a few odd seats left or if it really hadnt sold well.
both shows definitely filled up to the brim with people, with a few random empty seats here and there, but the second show was a lot louder in terms of screaming :)
missemma wrote:
ugh, yes. the beginning is so perfect isnt it, when they show the videos and it's all from the start of their time together up until the current day. i did wonder if they may have changed the intro at all but it sounds like they havent, i'm glad.
the show is beautiful isn't it? i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought so, i can't begin to try and explain to people how good it is because words cannot explain it, but i would definitely encourage people to go and see it if they are questioning going.
there truly are no words to describe how well they did that intro! at the very end of the count down they showed a snip of the first pinof video and i knew there was no stopping the tears, it was done so well :wahh:
missemma wrote: Again, thank you so much for the review and information. I saw the merch and I deffo want the USA sweater, it looks adorable haha!
definitely go for it! now that i've tried it on, i have to say it's actually a hell of a comfortable sweater. i was worried because a lot of band merch sweaters i've gotten in the past have been really stiff and uncomfortable, but this one seems really good. the one small thing i was bummed about is it doesn't have the tour dates on the back of it like the t-shirt does, but it's still really comfortable :)
jess wrote:Looks like Playlist has a different selection of merch than they're selling at the shows? This is kinda disappointing. I was hoping they'd have new posters for sale at the shows. Oh wells.
the new merch was the first thing i looked for at the merch table after the shows :wahh: was really bummed because i loved the subtlety of the japan sweater!
majitzu
angel bean

Aww I find this on tumblr and is cute
lyricshealme wrote:Story Time!

So I met Dan and Phil at Playlist Live Orlando with @princessjgroff and @pirateprincess6 on Saturday. I moved across the country for college and left my best friend behind. I know that she loves these guys and she absolutely LOVES socks. So princessjgroff told me I should ask Phil if I could take a picture of his socks. We showed up late to the meet and greet and were within the last 50 or so people to meet them out of several hundred people.

The girl (a complete stranger) before me wanted me to take a group picture of her and her friend with Dan and Phil on her phone, so I did. She took her phone back from me and turned to leave, so I started walking up to meet Dan and Phil. Well she wanted another hug from the guys and totally ran up to hug them again as Dan and were getting ready to hug. It all of us in an awkward situation.

So I hugged them both and asked how they were doing. I didn’t have anything for them to sign so I started to tell them how my best friend couldn’t be there and how she loves socks. I asked Phil if I could take a picture of his socks and he fucking lifted of his pant legs for me to take a picture.

The best part of this was that Dan seemed slightly insulted that I didn’t want a picture of his socks. He told me that he was wearing minion socks and that I should get a picture of them too. So he bends down to untie his shoe and pulled his pant leg free of his shoe as I’m taking a picture of Phil’s socks. He lifted of his pant leg and was really confused as to why his sock was only black material until he realized the minion was on the toe of his sock. He actually contemplated taking off his fucking shoe to show me before he decided that it would be weird.

I talked quietly enough that nobody else knew what was happening. Only princessjgroff and pirateprincess6 knew what was happening. That just seemed to make everything funnier.

Credit to @pirateprincess6 for taking the pics of me with Dan and Phil
tumblr post link
iero
phabergé

lmao the fact that dan was going to take off his shoe just to show off his minion sock :lol:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Thanks so much for the thorough review zvk!!