Sydney - Big Top Luna Park - 23rd August

akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

BUY TICKETS - Sale starts at 24th June

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x
icklebrina
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Looks to be sold out!

Anyone get tickets?
sweetmm
angel bean

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ignore me, just arranging these into date order.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
akui
blobfish

I'll ge going to this one! yay! can't wait!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

akui wrote:I'll ge going to this one! yay! can't wait!
Hope you are going to enjoy it/have enoyed it. :D
icklebrina
living flop

akui wrote:I'll ge going to this one! yay! can't wait!
Have fun!! I'm stuck working double shifts all week, wish I could be there with you!
starlight-still
truth bomb

Winding down...
Wat.
Phil though :lol:
Lil smirk

(notices what Dan has in his hand for several photos, like this one) Ummmm... (realizes it's just the sharpie) :facepalm:
Adorable
A few folks got some nice pics with Martyn and Cornelia too!
Phil's fringe in his eye
Dan versus Phil in a nutshell...nice way to capture their pers-....cha-...them :thumb:
Danny, you ain't on Martin Freeman's level yet but you're getting there
Dan's pose, the pen in Phil's pocket...plus, Phil's an angel re-confirmed

I see what you were saying about the lighting though, Ticia. It looks even harsher today smh

I must say, I enjoy waking up to these every morning! Apparently on the Phil side of the bed today...I apologize for nothing 8-)
mez29
procrastinator

those sweet sweet neck creases
akui
blobfish

I went to the Sydney show last night and i thought i could write a short review it.
Overall I'd say the show is very good, it's everything what i thought it would be, a lighthearted, easy to enjoy comedy show filled with actualization of both of their content from their book and their channel.

For starters i really liked their stage design, it's the similar design from their book and one of their website (i forget which one) with a giant microwave in the centre stage which is a super funny and quirky idea. (but before i can enjoy the stage design, all my attention was drawn to the girl who sassily lip syncing and dancing to the preshow mix lol)

The whole show has a storyline to connect all the segments, which for me is a very pleasant surprise and makes the whole thing very purposeful, as a audiences i couldn't help but to anxiously curious about what's gonna happen next.

The song at the end is my favourite part, Dan is fierce as fuck, totally slayed the dancing, Phil's voice is beautiful and deep. The song is a mix of avenue q and dan and phil, catchy, comical and classy, which is the best way possible to end the show.

However, the show is also far from perfect, i know they are not experienced performers, but the stage show really exposed some of their flaws right in front of my eyes. Dan almost entered the pre oscar Leo level of trying too hard, he would say the punch line before the audience even have the chance to remember, and make much much unnecessarily movements that makes the it difficult to focus at both of them. On the other hand, Phil has a much weaker presence, so much weaker that in his own segment(why phil was a weird kid) it's hard for him to truely engage the audiences.

The other things that i didn't like was the 'why i was a weird kid' thing, crafty thing and the fanfiction bit. Reason? Simple, the f word, fanservice. But it's totally up up anyone, i personally didn't care much for fan contributed contents, (i don't mind the isg and 7sec challenges, cuz they are only act as supplementary content) but again, it's totally a personal preference.

And the fanfiction part really? I mean, I maybe a phan trash but i still have dignity, alright?

All in all, is tatinof so good that it makes all the other show runners want to commit career suicide? No. But it is full of thoughts and personality, it has jokes and bants, domesticities snd innuendos, it's charming and passionate, i can feel their quirkiness and creativity shining through, and more importantly, it just makes my trashy little heart sing.
9/10, such deppy, much gay, very domestic. (Gay as in happy)
sweetmm
angel bean

thanks akui, i am glad you enjoyed yourself
akui
blobfish

a little side note to the priceless moment of this show
1. phil totally messed up the first magic trick, but the audiences are super supportive so Dan was just like "oops awkward lets move on"

2. during the 7 sec segment one of the challenge was Dan needs to give phil a piggy back ride across the stage, so he did, and in the end he basically thrown Phil out. that moment is currently trending on twitter as the hastag whydiddanthrowphil

3. when the toy car came out the microwave, it made a turn and the scripts flew out of the stage and the audience had to fetch it for them

4. during the isg one girl said that she is currently at the show with her ex and her ex's exboyfriend. Dan said "good luck"

5. when dan wore the furry legs, some audiences yelled "furry confirmed"

6. one of the "why i was a weird kid" story was some used to eat cockroaches (yes prural) because she thought they were chocolate. that story totally grossed everyone out and got a 5 kid lester rating.

7. at the end of the show we didn't gave them a standing ovation and everybody was just waving and screaming at them, and only i was clapping, which was an awkward moment for me.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Thanks for reviewing akui! Good to hear that you liked it

About the priceless moments:
What was the magic trick he messed up and what happened?

I love hearing all the moments that are unique to each show and the mess ups lol
akui
blobfish

blueapple_x wrote:Thanks for reviewing akui! Good to hear that you liked it

About the priceless moments:
What was the magic trick he messed up and what happened?

I love hearing all the moments that are unique to each show and the mess ups lol
the first trick, he had to used the handkerchief but the handkerchief didn't work. I couldn't tell how exactlyit didn't work because dan went to help him and blocked our views. But it only lasted about 5 secs and they laughed it off do it wasn't awkward at all
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

thanks for the review akui

also:
akui wrote:a little side note to the priceless moment of this show
4. during the isg one girl said that she is currently at the show with her ex and her ex's exboyfriend. Dan said "good luck"
that made me laugh
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for the review Akui, I really enjoyed reading it, especially the list of priceless moments.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

akui wrote:I went to the Sydney show last night and i thought i could write a short review it.
Overall I'd say the show is very good, it's everything what i thought it would be, a lighthearted, easy to enjoy comedy show filled with actualization of both of their content from their book and their channel.

For starters i really liked their stage design, it's the similar design from their book and one of their website (i forget which one) with a giant microwave in the centre stage which is a super funny and quirky idea. (but before i can enjoy the stage design, all my attention was drawn to the girl who sassily lip syncing and dancing to the preshow mix lol)

The whole show has a storyline to connect all the segments, which for me is a very pleasant surprise and makes the whole thing very purposeful, as a audiences i couldn't help but to anxiously curious about what's gonna happen next.

The song at the end is my favourite part, Dan is fierce as fuck, totally slayed the dancing, Phil's voice is beautiful and deep. The song is a mix of avenue q and dan and phil, catchy, comical and classy, which is the best way possible to end the show.

However, the show is also far from perfect, i know they are not experienced performers, but the stage show really exposed some of their flaws right in front of my eyes. Dan almost entered the pre oscar Leo level of trying too hard, he would say the punch line before the audience even have the chance to remember, and make much much unnecessarily movements that makes the it difficult to focus at both of them. On the other hand, Phil has a much weaker presence, so much weaker that in his own segment(why phil was a weird kid) it's hard for him to truely engage the audiences.

The other things that i didn't like was the 'why i was a weird kid' thing, crafty thing and the fanfiction bit. Reason? Simple, the f word, fanservice. But it's totally up up anyone, i personally didn't care much for fan contributed contents, (i don't mind the isg and 7sec challenges, cuz they are only act as supplementary content) but again, it's totally a personal preference.

And the fanfiction part really? I mean, I maybe a phan trash but i still have dignity, alright?

All in all, is tatinof so good that it makes all the other show runners want to commit career suicide? No. But it is full of thoughts and personality, it has jokes and bants, domesticities snd innuendos, it's charming and passionate, i can feel their quirkiness and creativity shining through, and more importantly, it just makes my trashy little heart sing.
9/10, such deppy, much gay, very domestic. (Gay as in happy)

Thanks for the awesome review Akui!