Dublin - Olympia Theatre - 21st November

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

TICKETS HERE

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
000dia000
emo goose

I have no idea if I'm going or not but it's a strong possibility
:cactus:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

000dia000 wrote:I have no idea if I'm going or not but it's a strong possibility
You definitely should
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm almost certainly going to see the show in Dublin, would be great to meet up with people.
mez29
procrastinator

I'll be there if I can get a ticket.
000dia000
emo goose

Your argument is convincing if the money is fine and the day is free I think I might
roisin2000
first-time poster

Anybody know how much the tickets might be?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Yay, who got tickets?

Me and Human are going!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

TICKETS HERE

(just trying to get the dates in order).
000dia000
emo goose

I think I'll go but maybe alone, haha we'll see I wonder when they'll sell out
mez29
procrastinator

wow that took me 50 minutes because of various outposts of ticketmaster going wrong in several different ways ... finally thought of doing it on my phone and it worked. I think I was too late for VIP but that would probably have been awkward anyway, so, more sightseeing time I guess.

Luckily I'm alone in the office so nobody has had to hear me typing and swearing frantically for the last hour. Now I have to think of a plausible cover story for being away that day.

(also the exchange rate is not favourable at the moment, sigh.)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Yeah I don't know why ticketmaster is so bad when it comes to Dan and Phil tickets. I kept getting 'no dates for Dan and Phil' on laptop but it was working fine on mobile (that's how I got my tickets).
human
dan hand trash

Yay, didn't want to post before incase I jinxed it as we've had bad luck with Ticketmaster non-UK sites before. Exciteddddd!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yay, well done, everyone! I am booked too Took 37 minutes of the website saying there was nothing, but my friend found one easier on mobile just as I finally got in, strange how that works.
000dia000
emo goose

I wasn't able to get a ticket by the time I got to it, they were all sold out. I'm not angry about it though because I've seen a show, a little disappointed but I'll be okay. If anybody has a spare ticket they would like to sell, PM me though.
human
dan hand trash

flarequake wrote:Yay, well done, everyone! I am booked too Took 37 minutes of the website saying there was nothing, but my friend found one easier on mobile just as I finally got in, strange how that works.
Yeah, we had this same issue buying tix for NYC. I have no idea what's wrong with Ticketmaster but Emma finally got ours on mobile, nothing ever became available for us on desktop. I wondered if it was a locale thing but then I used an irish vpn and Ticketmaster blocks completely when it detects vpn's. Annoying.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Interesting that Ticketmaster blocks VPNs. I'd hope if they were that interested in the tech that the wouldn't make you wait, then finally get in to still find nothing.

I'm sorry to hear that 000dia000 that's really crappy.
DryCereal
koi pond

I hope you're all having a fantastic time! Can't wait for pics, stories and reviews!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Going for a few drinks after the show but just wanted to come and say that Dublin TATINOF has been my favourite so far. The crowd were so loud but so passionate that it made the show even more enjoyable and you could see on Dan and Phil's faces that they were soaking that up. There is one section in the song (at the beginning) where you could clearly see Dan becoming emotional and he had to turn around, it looked like he was wiping a tear to me. Can see how it must have been overwhelming for them.

I will try and post a proper review at some point when I have time, including our craft that made it on stage (& made Phil say he was strangling Dan, with Dan replying he didn't consent haha) and one photo I took. Really looking forwards to Berlin now but really sad it'll be over.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

sweetmm wrote:
eevee wrote: new D&P tour merch for EU!
sweetmm wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Space Pirate
mez29 wrote:
isabella wrote:okay quick question for anyone who was at the tour tonight: i'm hearing comments all over twitter that dan called phil 'daddy' on stage in the ribena scene or something?? can someone provide some context?
Yep, it was right before the ribena bit, where Phil does an "I'm thirsty" gesture - pointing to his throat etc. Dan said "do you want me to force choke you daddy?"
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Okay here I am with my review of the show, I wasn't sure I was going to post this but since I have some free time and it was probably my favourite show so far, I thought why not.

Me & Human had made something very last minute for the craft section, we hadn't discussed it at all until we were in Dublin and shopping, it didn't take very long to make but we wanted to get it onto the table. The queue was massive to get in, they didn't open the doors until 18:30 and the show was meant to start at 19:30, there was one little desk for merch and the queue was so long it took ages for everyone to get in. Luckily we got in quite quickly and got our craft on the table. We went to the bar at the back (which was massive and I'm not sure why they didn't utilize this area for a bigger merch desk as there was literally no-one in there bar me and Human) and got some wine. The crowd were already being quite loud and we felt like wine was going to be necessary. We had quite good seats about 7 rows back and were directly in the middle, we had parents either side of us which always feels weird as we kinda look old enough to have kids but yet there we are cheering and heckling along.

The playlist started, although it was different to the ones I had heard before, they only played a little bit of MCR before the announcement and then about 1 line of the FOB song and the lights went down and WOW the crowd were SO LOUD. I actually wish I had taken ear plugs as it was hard to hear what they were saying. I actually ended up putting some tissue in my ear so that I could hear the show. I didn't mind the loudness this time because it felt different to just people screaming, Irish people are so passionate and you could see that the guys were loving it. I noticed them smiling so much more during the show, and they were unscripted for some of it, they were bouncing off the reactions from the audience.

When Phil did the first section of TIIH the crowd were singing along so loudly, he was grinning so widely and you just knew the end song was going to be the best bit of the show.

The 7 second challenge was different for me as I had never seen it where Dan wins. Oqua showed me a tweet after where Dan said that him winning was also scripted but I didn't realise as both him and Phil seemed really shocked and it felt like they were making things up, with Dan stepping in to announce he wanted to do all or nothing. They had me proper laughing during this as they seemed to not know what to do at first.

The magic show section was the same as in America & Australia, they couldn't get the door open fully on the microwave as the stage seemed quite small, and Phil had a lot of trouble turning Dan around in the box, at one point it looked like he was going to push him into the microwave door. Again the crowd were really cheering and just so encouraging, they almost lost it when Dan said to Phil during the ribena trick "do you want me to choke you daddy" whilst he was trying to guess what Phils next trick was going to be. I really enjoy Phils magic tricks, even if he did mess up the bowling ball one and had to do it again, much to Dan's amusement.

Weird kid section was okay, the things weren't that weird at all but oh well. They had bought the rat back though, which didn't appear in America/Aus as far as I am aware.

Internet Support Group was one of my favourite bits (which is unusual as I normally don't enjoy it). Dan bought out a can of Guinness to drink during it, and he literally sit down and the crowd started chanting CHUG CHUG CHUG (if you don't know what that means, it's to encourage someone to down a drink in one go). We were chanting for about 2 minutes until he got the crowd under control, he went to start speaking and again people started chanting it again. It was hilarious and his face was so amused, he was really smiling. Obviously, he didn't do it but one of the questions was about him and Phil being role models and he said something like "see parents, I am a good role model, I didn't down the alcohol", to which the Mum next to me was nodding along haha!

The Tumblr Tag IRL was next, and Dan's trolley almost rolled off the stage, but he caught it at the last minute, this caused more laughter and more off script fun. They featured our craft and they said they thought they were "so adorable" . Phil couldn't get the string unwrapped properly and it was wrapped around one of the Dans and he said "i'm strangling you around the neck" to which Dan replied "I don't consent", much laughter happened and me and Human were happy.
The in the future pinof section was the same, although they put their chairs really far apart so was funny watching them try and scoot together to draw the whiskers. Of course there was so much screaming during this part. At the end, where Phil pretends to die, Dan was so funny and did a slow motion fall to the ground, then was beating Phil on the chest, it was hilarious. He was bouncing off of the crowds reaction so much, it genuinely seemed like he was having the time of his life up there.

Fanfiction started off good, the crowd picked pirates and space, but stupidly they picked draw dan like a french girl instead of cake. I really thought they crowd would have gone down the route that we havent seen, and I really wanted to see Phil smushing some cake into Dan's face, but alas we didnt get to see it. The fan-fiction, even though it's my least favourite, is the section the crowd go wild for. Again, you could see by their faces that they were loving it and were reacting to the crowd a lot.

Existential crisis & Dil were the same as usual, nothing of interest to note here that I can remember.

The Internet Is Here, wow what can I say. The crowd were singing it so loudly, I remember turning to Human and saying "look Dan is crying". He looked so overwhelmed and emotional, it was so cute to see. It must be amazing for them both to be stood on that stage listening to the whole room singing the song back. It kind of made me feel emotional too, and proud of them really. The song was just as good as before, and they had reverted back to the gold jackets.

I came away from the show feeling quite emotional but in a good way. I am kinda sad that tatinof will soon be over, there are only 4 shows left and it will be no more. Dublin was my favourite show out of the 8 I have seen so far, mainly because of the way they reacted to the crowd. It was loud, but a good loud. Not just fans screaming at every single thing they did, but more of enjoyment and encouraging cheering. I loved how deppy enjoyed that, and felt comfortable to go off script and added in a lot of bants. Out of all the shows I've seen, it was the one I've noticed them enjoying it the most which in turn made me enjoy it even more. After when Dan was tweeting, I could feel a sense of pride from him, it seemed to me that they were both on a high which was good as I cant really think of a time they had to rehearse the show. At the venue there was a gig on the night before tatinof, so they couldnt have rehearsed then, and they had only just got back from LA. I didn't notice that though, they were well polished and it flowed so nicely.

Anyway, that is enough rambling from me. Sorry for any typos or mistakes, I am rushing to make dinner so havent got a chance to read through it.
mez29
procrastinator

:D yay! I'm probably going to post my review tonight too once I get around to deciphering my handwritten notes.

I can't believe I missed that they were selling wine, I had the same thought when I got in and the only bar I saw was just doing soft drinks and popcorn :facepalm: And I missed Dan being emotional in the song too, ugh. thanks for bringing it all back missemma
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for the review missemma, really enjoyed reading it. Hearing how much you enjoyed this one, really made me sad that I didn't get to see tatinof live, because it sounds great.
human
dan hand trash

Loved the review, missemma! I don't have the patience to type up reviews so I'm glad she's so great at them

I must say, having seen tatinof many times, my ears were still ringing after Dublin well into the afternoon of the day after. It was so loud but so wonderful, the crowd were wonderful and the boys did a wonderful job. Definitely one of the best tatinofs I've seen and we were so chuffed they used our crafts lol.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks Em.... so I'm hoping you'll be having some spare time to review your experience at BONCAs ;)