Berlin - Admiralspalast - 27th November

idkm8
squish
Pronouns: she/her

marieclaire wrote:
idkm8 wrote:a friend and i are thinking of flying out there from the uk to attend, if this ends up being the case i will definitely need help navigating the area and general Berlin etiquette haha
wow thats a long way haha, why didnt you go to the uk shows?
i didn't have friends that would go with me at the time, i managed to find someone to go very very very last minute and got one of their cheap released tickets but as the person i decided to go with didn't actually like dan and phil they spent the entire show complaining and whining about how awful it was and i just didn't have a good time
marieclaire
tol bean

somethingwithcats wrote: Tempodrom could also be a possibility, there seems to be nothing going on either.
that thing is huuuge though, i cant imagjne them expecting that many people. or am i thinking too small here?.... tbh i have know idea how well known they are in germany. im just thinking of that meetup phil did here a few years ago where not that many people showed up.
admiralspalalst sounds quite plausible though, especially if they already worked with a youtuber... how many people can fit in there?
somethingwithcats
tol bean

marieclaire wrote:
somethingwithcats wrote: Tempodrom could also be a possibility, there seems to be nothing going on either.
that thing is huuuge though, i cant imagjne them expecting that many people. or am i thinking too small here?.... tbh i have know idea how well known they are in germany. im just thinking of that meetup phil did here a few years ago where not that many people showed up.
admiralspalalst sounds quite plausible though, especially if they already worked with a youtuber... how many people can fit in there?
google says 1.756 for Admiralspalast, and the Tempodrom website states a maximum of 3500 people (but I'd say with chairs in the middle area and space they need it's maybe 3000. still huge though).
It's really hard to say because, like it's visible here, people literally come from everywhere to see them, and they only have a handful of shows in europe. But two shows would mean 6000 people... idk. The theatres they performed at in the US were about that size though, I think? Don't know about the UK and Australia ones.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

It's so annoying not to know anything, makes me super nervous especially because so many people seem to want to go
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

the berlin show does seem to be very popular on idb compared to the other two, i'm surprised :shock:

and i agree they could have let us know the venue. Is it going to be super small so that we have to be really fast to get tickets? Is it super big so that it won't even sell out? I#m ridiculously tense
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Me too! I feel like I'm 13 again, wtf haha
Yasmin4815
first-time poster

Hi there :)

Another fan over here. I'm coming with a friend, we're both from Thuringia and we'd both like to meet some other fans. We just got our VIP tickets! :O
I'm super excited for all of that, to meet Dan&Phil and other german fans

Is there going to be anything like a WhattsApp/Skype group chat where we could talk to some others already?

Greetings
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

YES got my tickets. Admiralspalast, super nice! Can't wait.
hollyphan
glabella

I just bought my ticket whoop! I bought VIP I'll probably regret that decision Hahahahah see you lovely bunch there! (I'm excited like a teen weird)
Phandom got me like..
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Whoop, glad to see so many people from here are going :D

We have tickets to both shows, so if happy I will list in the first post who is going what show and we can arrange an IDB meet up, yay.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ostiral
sofa crease

...so i get the VIP ticket too! If anyone needs a company there, send me message. :D
See you at 20:00! :D
Sorry for my english.
mandyrockt
smol bean

I just got regular tickets because my Safari browser wouldn't load.
If anyone has a spare VIP ticket for any of the Berlin shows, please DM me!!
uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

I'm so excited! only slightly sad I didn't get vip but that's fine
boatdog
placenta

Haha I'm so nervous right now. I got VIP for 14:30 show and it's pretty exciting but I don't have any Dappy-watching friends to go with me so I'm worried I'll just stand alone in the corner for two hours :lol: :lol:
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

I've also booked my tickets :D Going to the evening show, and might well add the matinee if they end up cutting prices nearer the time/I can't meet some friends I was hoping to see. Now just to work out transport/hotels/time off work... But that can wait until I get home from holiday, the important thing is sorted!
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

I'm going to both shows :D
mio
#relatable

Yay! Got tickets for me and two other IDB-lers so we won't have to cringe on our own.

Anyone who wants to join our merry skype chat shoot me a pm!

I cant believe this is happening!!!!!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
marieclaire
tol bean

got my tickets ayye. gotta be honest tho, i didnt expect the tickets to be that expensive. all you in the good seats have fun, tell me what they look like up close afterwards :D
shezza
crusty sponge

Got tickets for the evening show!
I'm feeling oddly giddy, honestly thought that i wouldn't care either way, but super happy that it's happening after all (and that it marks the end of the bour/tatinof era!)

marieclaire dw, i got the cheap ones as well! (How am i, a broke ass student, gonna afford anything else)
mio
#relatable

Ok, so the VIP tickets for both shows sold out really fast.
The earlier show doesn't have that many tickets left, while the evening one still has like 80% of the regular ones. Interesting. Probably because it's a sunday?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
human
dan hand trash

Yay, can post now because I didn't want to jinx it by not being able to get tickets lol. Relieved I know a bit of german as the site kept switching languages whilst purchasing but me and 3 other IDB'ers going to both shows, woo hooooo!
marieclaire
tol bean

kinda random but I'm wondering why the dates are relatively far apart... you think they'll fly home during the off days or maybe squeeze in a mini holiday in each city... i know i would if i had the chance :D
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

I think they chose weekends because they knew they wouldn't be able to do a lot of shows in Europe and they want people to be able to travel. On such short notice, it's not easy to get off work (I'm starting a new job next week and even though I only live three hours from Berlin, I wouldn't have been able to go if it was during the week), plus there's people still in school etc. That's why the dates are so far apart.

Ticketmaster in Germany is honestly the worst website for tickets, I got thrown out of the queue when I wanted to buy the tickets. Luckily, I still got good ones, but it's so annoying. Crazy that VIP is already sold out!
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I can't contain my excitement!

I hadn't realized how deep in the trashcan i am untill i payed several hundred euros just to see a show i've already seen in video form (side note: wtf am i even doing?).

After booking everything, trains and hotel, it feels so real
mandyrockt
smol bean

I'm so sad I didn't get VIP tickets just because of this f*cking Ticketmaster website, it's literally the worst! Hoping I still can get one in the next couple of weeks or on the day of Tatinof!

But I'm still super excited to see the show (although I've already seen the moviev :D ), flights are booked ;)