Berlin - Admiralspalast - 27th November

DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

If you're going today have a brilliant time!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I will try to write a review tomorrow at some point.

It looked to us, at the end of the second show, that Phil didn't look very well. He looked like he was having difficulty focusing, he kept stumbling a little and looked tired and just not 100%. The first show started quite late so as we were leaving the next VIP queue was already going in, maybe he was just tired from m&g-performing-m&g-performing with only 2.5 hours in between. I mean, he might have been fine but just a few of us noticed that he didn't quite seem right, we could be completely wrong but hope he gets some rest.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Philena
blobfish

missemma wrote:I will try to write a review tomorrow at some point.

It looked to us, at the end of the second show, that Phil didn't look very well. He looked like he was having difficulty focusing, he kept stumbling a little and looked tired and just not 100%. The first show started quite late so as we were leaving the next VIP queue was already going in, maybe he was just tired from m&g-performing-m&g-performing with only 2.5 hours in between. I mean, he might have been fine but just a few of us noticed that he didn't quite seem right, we could be completely wrong but hope he gets some rest.
Oh, I hope he is okay! That's sad to hear, as this really is the end.

I am excited to read your review, anyway!
hollyphan
glabella

so, I got home three hours ago, but ofc I can't sleep.
it was amazing!

tried to split it all a bit with spoiler tags, didn't want to make post bigger than the whole page :D

1. my m&g
we were sent to the first floor, where management lady marianne spoke to all of us and told us, what's not allowed (no videos, no voice recording, bla bla many ppl obvs didn't care about the rules haha)
then we were asked to queue up. I was within the first 25 people I guess? not sure.
Marianne really is a business lady like I imagined a true business lady, strictly, assertive, a bit authoritative. But she's really nice and lovely! when only two girls were in front of me, marianne asked me (and everybody before/after me, too ofc) to take my phone with open camera app in one hand and asked, which page I want to get signed (of my tabinof), then she searched the page and gave me the open(!) book in the other hand and then she kinda pushed me to the boys.
I was completely overwhelmed because I had no hands free ugh

dan: hiii nice to meet you! *hugs me with both hands on my back* (it was awkward because I couldn*t really hug him back because no hands free)
dan: how are you?
phil: *hugs me* (same awkward hug situation like the one with dan ugh)
me: finee how about you?
dan: fine, too!
phil: *nodded*
dan: how was your day?
phil: shall we sign your book?
me: good but stressy! yes please
phil: where?
me: first and last side :) (I meant page! I think I also pronounced the d too harsh, nore like site, OOPS I'm a fail)
phil: *confused glance* *smiles* *signs*
dan: oh well I hope it's not stressy anymore now you're here and everything is fine and fluffy(lol?) (plus another verb I forgot because he was gesticulating funny)
me: it is!
dan: *signs*
me: do you enjoy berlin?
dan: we do! It's lovely!
phil: yes but so cold!
dan: *laughs*
me: *laughs* well, it's winter..
both: *nodding and chuckling*
me: have fun on stage!
dan: thank you, enjoy the show!
phil: and thank you for coming!

then I left.
so yeh, it was nice and short.
they looked both beautiful.
dan talked a lot, phil was quiet and seemed really shy and so precious.

dan stood next to me, phil in front of me kinda, and even though dan was the one who talked more I only stared at phil, he is fascinating, can't even describe.
also I don't find them sooooo tall. maybe because I'm tall.

after that I met some other idb'lers and it was so lovely and funny!
2. the actual show
well, it was amazing! my head is still full and my memory is as bad as my english, soz for that!
I couldn't film anything, the security guy stood right next to me the whole show ugh! but others did so dw.
some moments:
we got the pirate/space/french girl option of fanfic. I'm a bit disappointed, I swear the screams for cake were louder. they just didn't wanted. hm.

phil almost messed up his magic trick with the ribena, but it worked a second before so glass was full.
dans comment to this : "do you have performance issues?"

also in the magic section: another "coke me daddy" joke

7 second challenge:
they were really funny. most of them german related (spell backwards in german from 10 down, recreate your first video introduction in german (hallo, mein name ist dan), say "tageslichtprojektor 3 or 5 times, ..)
a fail was: dan, tell three typical german dishes and he said: bratwurst, sauerkraut and pretzels.
than phil: I'm disappointed you forgot wiener schnitzel!
(facepalm, wiener schnitzel is not german. wien=vienna, austria :facepalm: )
weird kid:
nothing new. broken arm, french dad, fishboy

isg:
how can I stop talking about you and phil all the time? my friends are so annoyed!
advice by dan: stop having friends

then there was a yoi question
like .. since I'm watching yuri on ice I want to be a gay ice skater what do

I missed the answer because the security guy thought I'm filming and came to me ugh, I wasn't.
curios what he said.

I can't remember the other questions, but it was fun
oh one was JOHN CENA haha

he also made an anecdote to the milk and chair(?) fanfic and the girls in front of me lost their shit.

and dans drink was obvs a german beer, he didn't seem to like it, he only sipped it
ppl started to scream "chug chug chug" but he didn't
he said smth like "a very manly beer perfect for dan" in a really sarcastic way
the internet is here
lovely!
phil was veeery concentrated during the whole thing, it was a bit strange. dan stared a lot at him during it, like really a lot.

others pointed out, phil seemed sick and looked like he's about to vomit or so, and when I think back at the situation, it could be so. would explain why he was so concentrated and only stared straight ahead, an why dan might have looked so much to him because worried? who knows.
that's all I can remember right now.
I hope everybody else who went there enjoyed it as much as I did!
Phandom got me like..
kuensukki
janice from the shop

hollyphan wrote:so, I got home three hours ago, but ofc I can't sleep.
it was amazing!

tried to split it all a bit with spoiler tags, didn't want to make post bigger than the whole page :D

1. my m&g
we were sent to the first floor, where management lady marianne spoke to all of us and told us, what's not allowed (no videos, no voice recording, bla bla many ppl obvs didn't care about the rules haha)
then we were asked to queue up. I was within the first 25 people I guess? not sure.
Marianne really is a business lady like I imagined a true business lady, strictly, assertive, a bit authoritative. But she's really nice and lovely! when only two girls were in front of me, marianne asked me (and everybody before/after me, too ofc) to take my phone with open camera app in one hand and asked, which page I want to get signed (of my tabinof), then she searched the page and gave me the open(!) book in the other hand and then she kinda pushed me to the boys.
I was completely overwhelmed because I had no hands free ugh

dan: hiii nice to meet you! *hugs me with both hands on my back* (it was awkward because I couldn*t really hug him back because no hands free)
dan: how are you?
phil: *hugs me* (same awkward hug situation like the one with dan ugh)
me: finee how about you?
dan: fine, too!
phil: *nodded*
dan: how was your day?
phil: shall we sign your book?
me: good but stressy! yes please
phil: where?
me: first and last side :) (I meant page! I think I also pronounced the d too harsh, nore like site, OOPS I'm a fail)
phil: *confused glance* *smiles* *signs*
dan: oh well I hope it's not stressy anymore now you're here and everything is fine and fluffy(lol?) (plus another verb I forgot because he was gesticulating funny)
me: it is!
dan: *signs*
me: do you enjoy berlin?
dan: we do! It's lovely!
phil: yes but so cold!
dan: *laughs*
me: *laughs* well, it's winter..
both: *nodding and chuckling*
me: have fun on stage!
dan: thank you, enjoy the show!
phil: and thank you for coming!

then I left.
so yeh, it was nice and short.
they looked both beautiful.
dan talked a lot, phil was quiet and seemed really shy and so precious.

dan stood next to me, phil in front of me kinda, and even though dan was the one who talked more I only stared at phil, he is fascinating, can't even describe.
also I don't find them sooooo tall. maybe because I'm tall.

after that I met some other idb'lers and it was so lovely and funny!
2. the actual show
well, it was amazing! my head is still full and my memory is as bad as my english, soz for that!
I couldn't film anything, the security guy stood right next to me the whole show ugh! but others did so dw.
some moments:
we got the pirate/space/french girl option of fanfic. I'm a bit disappointed, I swear the screams for cake were louder. they just didn't wanted. hm.

phil almost messed up his magic trick with the ribena, but it worked a second before so glass was full.
dans comment to this : "do you have performance issues?"

also in the magic section: another "coke me daddy" joke

7 second challenge:
they were really funny. most of them german related (spell backwards in german from 10 down, recreate your first video introduction in german (hallo, mein name ist dan), say "tageslichtprojektor 3 or 5 times, ..)
a fail was: dan, tell three typical german dishes and he said: bratwurst, sauerkraut and pretzels.
than phil: I'm disappointed you forgot wiener schnitzel!
(facepalm, wiener schnitzel is not german. wien=vienna, austria :facepalm: )
weird kid:
nothing new. broken arm, french dad, fishboy

isg:
how can I stop talking about you and phil all the time? my friends are so annoyed!
advice by dan: stop having friends

then there was a yoi question
like .. since I'm watching yuri on ice I want to be a gay ice skater what do

I missed the answer because the security guy thought I'm filming and came to me ugh, I wasn't.
curios what he said.

I can't remember the other questions, but it was fun
oh one was JOHN CENA haha

he also made an anecdote to the milk and chair(?) fanfic and the girls in front of me lost their shit.

and dans drink was obvs a german beer, he didn't seem to like it, he only sipped it
ppl started to scream "chug chug chug" but he didn't
he said smth like "a very manly beer perfect for dan" in a really sarcastic way
the internet is here
lovely!
phil was veeery concentrated during the whole thing, it was a bit strange. dan stared a lot at him during it, like really a lot.

others pointed out, phil seemed sick and looked like he's about to vomit or so, and when I think back at the situation, it could be so. would explain why he was so concentrated and only stared straight ahead, an why dan might have looked so much to him because worried? who knows.
that's all I can remember right now.
I hope everybody else who went there enjoyed it as much as I did!
This was a lovely review thanks for writing it!! Now you guys have me worried about Phil and his health! Maybe the stress is getting to him more, but given that he had some time to relax in Florida I cant think its exhaustion. Maybe he's sick again :wahh:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks hollyphan it will be awful for Phil having to travel home whilst being sick :(
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

It was so good! I didn't think it'd be this good because I'd already seen the film etc, but it was great. Review under spoilers as well (i went to both shows and - accidentally - had VIP for both, which turned out to be a good thing)

First M&G
We got in and almost immediately queued up the stairs. There was no VIP room like at other shows, it was just at the bar. The boys came in, said hello and then disappeared behind the photo wall. Once it was my turn to go towards them, I turned the corner and immediately saw Dan's face - honestly the most shocking thing lol. He was grinning in this weird kind of grimace (you all know the one I mean, the one where he's not actually smiling but pretends to??) and then he said his thing of "hi there nice to meet you, thank you for coming, how are you blabla" while hugging me and I also hugged Phil. I didn't feel like playing into their whole short M&G spiel so I actually asked them "do you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again to everyone?" which defnitely threw them off their game. Dan laughed and was like "yeah bascially" while Phil said "well it depends, if someone says something interesting, then we will, too". I asked them to not greet me in this weird way when i would come for a second time for the second show. They thought it was pretty funny.
We then took the picture, Dan obviously did his peace sign - so I grabbed his hand and held it down while saying "can you NOT do that please" - he just looked at me and was like "okay, i can NOT do that" - stressing the words in the same way I did haha. That was it for the first M&G.
I got out and talked to my friend about it - she was as shocked about the first few seconds as I was, then she broke them out of their shell too by talking about her depression, so we kind of concluded that if you don't say anything interesting, all you get is Dan's mask and awkward 'how are you' conversation, but if you show them that you're actually able to articulate yourself, then they're interested and will react differently. I think most of the younger fans don't even realize how forced that m&g can be because they are in such a bubble that all they can think is "OMG I MET DAN AND PHIL".
I am 24 and I felt super old. After reading here, I thought everyone would be older, but nope. Super young.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BNT6k1tBODi
First show
That show blew me away, honestly. The audience was the best, Dan and Phil broke character several times because they were laughing - at one point Dan thought it was so funny that someone wanted to call the llama Merkel that it took a while until he could continue. Lots of German speaking on Phil's part (he counted backwards from 10 during the 7sc challenge, he impersonated Dan's first video in German, in the beginning the German greeting) and also lots of impro parts on Germany. Dan made a joke about Phil's Brrrmany tweet, saying that he can't believe he missed out on making a Brrrlin joke, and at one point he said that everyone can still peer pressure him despite English not being our first language (I think thta was during the 'mount the llama' part. He got a beer during the ISG part and everyone was like 'chug chug chug' haha.
All in all they were super smiley, I think they had a lot of fun.
During the 7sc challenge Dan had to high 5 ten people in the audience, so he made the front row get up and come to the stage - super funny.
Second M&G
For the second M&G, we were not far from the front of the line. Once it was my turn, I went to see them - first dan's "hi how are you", then he recognized me, hugged me and was like "well hello again" and Phil was like "nice to see you again, how did you like the show?" I told them that it was amazing and much better than I imagined, that it was funny and that they did the best job. Dan was like "wow really? that is such a nice thing to say" and then he asked if I thought that Phil should improve his German. I was like "Your German is so good, honestly, how about you speak some German this time, Dan?" Phil immediately agreed and started arguing with Dan about who should speak German because Dan said that nobody would want to hear that, it was pretty funny haha. At that point I remembered that they still hadn't even signed the book because we just stood there talking. I handed it to them and was like "sorry i'm keeping you" and Dan was just like "oh no that's cool". They both signed it. Dan said that it's cool to hear about my reaction right after the show because usually they don't get to talk to people right after the show. Phil asked me to submit some fun 7sc challenges, I told them that I already had some in mind and they both went like "uh oh" haha. Then we took the picture. I asked for a sad one, Dan said "oh that's cool, hey we look great, and we haven't had that pose in a long time!". We then said bye and I went to leave, but then Dan actually called me back after I already had my book from the security, so I went back to them and he was like "I just wanted to say thank you, we appreciate that you came to both shows, and now I hope you enjoy the second show as well!" SO SWEET honestly.
I left that M&g completely in love with those two, it was a difference of day and night from the first one, seriously. Apparently once they know you or know that you're able to hold a conversation, they are actually interested and lovely.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BNUixJGhfpw
second show
For this show I was front row and it was great again. The first show was a bit better audience-wise, but during this one Dan was talking more German (i won't say it's because Phil and I peer pressured him at the m&g but well.. haha) and he recycled a LOT of the jokes from the first one (like the Merkel one even though i'm 100% sure this time nobody said Angela like he pretended).
During the bit where he offers the Ribena to the audience we threw him off a bit because we actually said no and acted disgusted haha, so he smirked and looked at us while he said his usual "nobody ever says no".
Phil was very concentrated during TIIH, Dan had a broken stick, so they were both a bit thrown off maybe? When the lights went off though, it was the cutest thing because Dan put his hands on his knees and just started grinning so hard while looking at the floor, I think they were both overwhelmed? It was a bit like a weight had fallen off them (I guess because the day was done and they had made it great for everyone?), they looked at each other and just smiled, it was a really sweet moment and I don't know if you could see it from the back because it was pretty dark on stage. It didn't cross my mind that Phil might be sick, but maybe? I mean the day must have been pretty exhausting, no idea. Could be just the exhaustion, too.
Misc
I thought it was pretty cringe how people kept taking pictures of Martyn and Cornelia. When my friend and I went for lunch, I shared a bench with Cornelia because they were having lunch at the same place, and I saw some fans at a table a few seats away actually discussing if they should go over. So glad they didn't!
Later we had a question about the ISG thing and a girl brought us to talk to Cornelia and Martyn - so we had a perfectly normal conversation - and I don't get how fans just ask for pictures in a situation like that? So weird.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks fleur wonderful to know they can hold a decent conversation during a M&G :D
human
dan hand trash

I didn't notice Phil looking ill at all hahaha so when I heard some people thought he was I didn't believe it tbh I didn't notice anything besides him almost stumbling over when he does the turn at the start of the song but lol he usually does that.

Wonderful shows! I'm always awful at reviews but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed them. I really loved their energy and we enjoyed the space option of fan fiction both times. And so close to having cake!

Was also lovely to meet some folk from here of course
hollyphan
glabella

Thank you kuensukki and sweetmm

and also thanks for your review, fleur-de-lis!
I'm happy for you to hold a little conversation with them and throw them a bit out of their m&g game ! :D
kinda envious tbh, but I knew I couldn't do that because I'm always really shy in situations like that and I'm embarressed about speaking english. so I need more time than a few seconds with two strangers to actually hold a conversation :cry: Icould barely look in their eyes :roll:
so I'm not disappointed about my own m&g, they are lovely
(at least I didn't get a oh so fake "ooh I like your haaaair" hahaha, and their voices didn't sound so, like, fake, you know? like in some of the videos.)

oh and I won't post my photos here, but the twitter peeps here who follow me probably saw them 8-)
Phandom got me like..
MoonPride
moon room

Thanks for the reviews guys!

It must be hard having to keep the same old spiel for m&g's so I'm glad fleur-de-lis was able to break them out of that.

I hope Phil is ok, I know when I am feeling nauseous I have to stare at something so hard in front of me to try and not be sick. So if he's feeling poorly I hope he manages to get some rest this week.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Thanks guys!

When they asked for a second time about the cake/draw like a french girl thing because they weren't sure who was louder the first time, I was so hopeful! I think it was a draw, so they could've chosen the cake option if they wanted to..
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fleur-de-lis wrote:Thanks guys!

When they asked for a second time about the cake/draw like a french girl thing because they weren't sure who was louder the first time, I was so hopeful! I think it was a draw, so they could've chosen the cake option if they wanted to..
In the evening the cake should have definitely won, it was louder imo. Their faces when people were booing (jokingly) at them picking French girl was hilarious. Shame on them both for not going through with the cake scenario.

Love your reviews, especially the part about asking them if they say the same thing to everybody and also dan calling you back at the end in the afternoon m&g. We also went to both shows but didn't go VIP so it's nice to hear someone give them a good review of the show and to hear their reaction on it.

I agree the afternoon show was so loud, they were definitely bouncing off the crowd in places but the evening show was much quieter, but it was still good. Glad our chants of chug, chug, chug took off, we were really laughing at that point. Dan was so funny walking around the stage holding that beer.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

These reviews are great, everyone. I'm trying to picture their reactions to the cake and chug chants, that sounds very funny even if they didn't go with cake for some reason. Also hoping Phil's feeling better if he was unwell last night.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

missemma wrote:
fleur-de-lis wrote:Thanks guys!

In the evening the cake should have definitely won, it was louder imo. Their faces when people were booing (jokingly) at them picking French girl was hilarious. Shame on them both for not going through with the cake scenario.

Love your reviews, especially the part about asking them if they say the same thing to everybody and also dan calling you back at the end in the afternoon m&g. We also went to both shows but didn't go VIP so it's nice to hear someone give them a good review of the show and to hear their reaction on it.

I agree the afternoon show was so loud, they were definitely bouncing off the crowd in places but the evening show was much quieter, but it was still good. Glad our chants of chug, chug, chug took off, we were really laughing at that point. Dan was so funny walking around the stage holding that beer.
Oh that was you who started it, very cool haha! During the second show he also said something like "now I'm considering to chug it" as a reaction to a ISG question, I don't remember which one though..
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fleur-de-lis wrote: Oh that was you who started it, very cool haha! During the second show he also said something like "now I'm considering to chug it" as a reaction to a ISG question, I don't remember which one though..
It was our group that started it! We were also the ones who started the cake chant to which Dan said in the afternoon show "I know some of you want the cake scene, sorry they shouted for French girl". Pfft, we were quite vocal during the fanfiction section as we just wanted to see the other scenario as it seems like Dan is never going to upload it! Maybe they'll be lucky in Sweden.