FAQ Discussion Thread

Everything you could ever want to know about Dan & Phil.
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

Procrastinating by reading some of these threads and noticed a few things!

A lot of links to other threads etc are no longer working (example: the "Read more about Alyssa" link in her bit on "Who's that person?"). Also in "Who's that person?", under Lightscameraashlee, it mentions Pete being Carrie Fletcher's boyfriend, which needs updating - they split up back this May (she wrote about it on her blog, I think). Onision's bit on the same thread also needs to be updated, as he now has yet another Youtube channel (Onision Reacts). Bryony and Wirrow's bits also don't mention the quartet's most recent escapade to the Med, which could be updated too! :thumb:
twix
butt chair

As Janice & Sabrina have become regular fixtures in the main thread, might it be worth putting them in the glossary?
alittledizzy wrote:Someone started a rumor in phandom in January that Phil was married and his wife was pregnant. I think it's one of those things where someone made a blog ("phangate") about how Knew it was Totally Real. Dan and Phil both got questions on younow about it, and both answered. When Dan answered he said Phil's wife's name was Sabrina, when Phil answered he used Janice.
(link to post)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

mathsniel wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:46 pm Procrastinating by reading some of these threads and noticed a few things!

A lot of links to other threads etc are no longer working (example: the "Read more about Alyssa" link in her bit on "Who's that person?"). Also in "Who's that person?", under Lightscameraashlee, it mentions Pete being Carrie Fletcher's boyfriend, which needs updating - they split up back this May (she wrote about it on her blog, I think). Onision's bit on the same thread also needs to be updated, as he now has yet another Youtube channel (Onision Reacts). Bryony and Wirrow's bits also don't mention the quartet's most recent escapade to the Med, which could be updated too! :thumb:
Thanks for catching these! These should be all set now. I also updated every other potentially broken link in that thread, but let me know if you catch anymore. We're still working on fixing all the others. :thankyou:

twix wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:17 am As Janice & Sabrina have become regular fixtures in the main thread, might it be worth putting them in the glossary?
alittledizzy wrote:Someone started a rumor in phandom in January that Phil was married and his wife was pregnant. I think it's one of those things where someone made a blog ("phangate") about how Knew it was Totally Real. Dan and Phil both got questions on younow about it, and both answered. When Dan answered he said Phil's wife's name was Sabrina, when Phil answered he used Janice.
(link to post)
Done and done. Thanks for providing the video. :D
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

hi, not particularly important BUT i read the post on the dan and phil brand (including dan on the right/phil on the left) a couple weeks before tour started so it really stuck out to me that they started both the witl and the joint liveshow before tour with dan on the left. obviously the post doesn't state that they've NEVER started a video with dan on the left but i thought it might be interesting to point out that recently they might be not as dedicated to that. :shrug:
Vsoftdnp
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Hey! Was going through the drug deal doc and noticed that the Men Vs Women link no longer works? I know Dan deleted the video but I'm not sure when, probably early 2017. There's a copy on YouTube uploaded by Dil Howlter, could that work as a replacement? I've already sent an email to the given address but I"m not sure if that address is stil valid, so I'm making a post just to be sure.
I'm getting tired of this war of hearts
This competition that has no end
Do me a favour and cut the ties with that side-eyed glare of yours
That cuts through minds and wills
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I wrote a nice post and apparently took too long and got logged out and it vanished, so this is the quick/dirty version from my notes. Some of these might be a stretch or I might've missed ones that are already there.

Sorry guys, I promise it was better before, but I hit back and it still wasn't there.

-“man crush” Evan Peters, Michael Cera (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ogvym6GjM)
-specifying SMG ("quivs" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPbH1eb8oMs), Drew Barrymore (Apr 24 2018 ls) as not attractions
-the whole Haru thing
-SMG in Pinof 2, prom pic photoshop, 2012 tweet about marrying everyone in case someone is SMG; Nick Jonas in Pinof 5
-Dan & Marcus Butler's "sext" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKN_8q2GrU&t=1977s
-Dan wants to embrace Cole Sprouse (Pastel Edits)
-Riverdale shirtlessness (Oct. 21 2018 ls)
-marrying a male octopus (Golf #7)

I'm figuring we're not counting all the references to Dan's ex, or to Phil's brief "girlfriends"? What about early Phil being flirty in non-gendered ways, or Dan's Tinder vid including men and women? Talking about Adam “like he’s my lover”? Phollie? I'm not sure how wide the net should go but I'm cutting myself off here for now.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI6EEUWYw1I, Phil insinuates kissing his Buffy cutout and talks about the height difference "ruining it" for him.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Oh, in Exposing Our Instagram Explore Pages:
Timothee Chalamet is "who [Phil] want[s] to look at"
Phil says "maybe" he wants to see the hot tub scenes from Riverdale
Riverdale shirtless guy
Dan weakly protesting to the inclusion of: "Scottish fitness" guy
Divers
Armie Hammer in bed
(while Phil calls his out on it)
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Templeofshame wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am Dan's Tinder vid including men and women?
Came here to suggest adding this as well.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

For the sexuality and attraction faq: while this is of course about a rubber duck Dan is still insinuating he's having a romantic bath with someone who ids as male
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

I couldn't find this before, but in terms of sexuality/attraction, Phil saying he was "kind of a little bit in love with" lonelygirl15.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

I think the sexuality one is also missing a bunch of Dan/Hayley Williams? In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfLxmGBYjQ, and that time about like Hayley Williams with Phil's face or something?

Also the Megan Fox v. Phil thing?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

For the sexuality/attraction thread, the first pokemon go video has them thirsting over Professor Willow lol.

1:18 - D about Professor Oak showing up at their flat: threesome with Professor Oak
5:50 - D: I'll let you catch me, Willow
5:51 - P reading for Prof. Willow: "You are such a talented pokemon trainer!" Aw Willow, you don't need to flirt with me
6:24 - D: Anything you say Willow *winks*

cheekyc
squish

Could we have a FAQ page for the Two Flats Theory? That would be amazing.
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
eevee
emo goose

cheekyc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 pm Could we have a FAQ page for the Two Flats Theory? That would be amazing.
I agree
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
kavat
pastel persona

It seems like a lot of the internal links in the Glossary are broken. The post links to a lot of helpful threads but they seem to all lead to "The requested page could not be found".
jesp
why bother

kavat wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 am It seems like a lot of the internal links in the Glossary are broken. The post links to a lot of helpful threads but they seem to all lead to "The requested page could not be found".
Thanks for pointing this out! I think I've fixed them all but if anyone finds links that are still broken let us know.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

cherrypirates seems to have been taken down. I have the drug deal google doc bookmarked lol so I'm alright, but should there be a direct link? Or put it behind a password somehow?

(I'm guessing this was post-BIG; all the phanswers/phandirectory passwords have been changed)
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap: