FAQ Discussion Thread

Everything you could ever want to know about Dan & Phil.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Here is where you can discuss the FAQ, offer any corrections, suggest questions for future FAQ topics, or submit your own posts that you think would be good additions to the official threads!
Last edited by lefthandedism on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to post that is now a forum
busy being happy~
hopinglester
banned

Hi! Thank you so much for creating the FAQ, I think it's a great idea and it will be very useful!
Unfortunately it isn't really working for me on mobile: it takes a while to load and then it crashes and reloads again when I try to scroll down or click the show more sections. (I have an iPhone 6 and good wifi so that's not likely the problem)
I haven't tried it on desktop mode, though there it probably works. :D
simmehchan
butt chair

Thanks a lot for this - I learned so much!

You said PJ and Phil went to the same uni, is this true? I thought they were just on Youtube at the same time, cause PJ is quite a bit younger than Phil and I'm sure he went to uni somewhere down south.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Great job on the FAQ! help I was quoted about 2012 phanpocalypse i am not worthy

An addition to Phil's pets: He had a black and white rabbit called Holly when he was a child and (not sure if it really counts) his grandparents had a dog called Bundle (Golden Retriever?) which he really loved. Both can be seen in 'Reacting to my Baby Videos!' :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sia
living flop

I'm sorry I have nothing very productive to contribute, but this typo is killing me

PINOF: “ phspoileril is not on fire,” an annual Q&A video that Dan and Phil make together, uploaded on Phil’s channel. The first “phil is not on fire” video was the first video that Dan and Phil ever made together, the day after they met irl for the first time. Here is Phil’s playlist of all the PINOF videos.

But otherwise Seeing it all compiled on one place it is really obvious are so married now
jesp
why bother

sia wrote:I'm sorry I have nothing very productive to contribute, but this typo is killing me

PINOF: “ phspoileril is not on fire,” an annual Q&A video that Dan and Phil make together, uploaded on Phil’s channel. The first “phil is not on fire” video was the first video that Dan and Phil ever made together, the day after they met irl for the first time. Here is Phil’s playlist of all the PINOF videos.
Could you link the post with the typo here, or report it for me, please?
mez29
procrastinator

Great work chaps (I'm the dog)
is it worth mentioning the results of the discussion a few weeks ago, where people were asking about how Dan could have commented on the video when it was private, and someone mentioned that people with the link used to be able to see it and comment? I think an obvious question from people who don't know the mechanics of 2010 YouTube (i.e. most of us) would be "but how did Dan leave the comment if it was private", which that seems to explain.
not trying to be mean here, tbh i don't mind other people's typos at all but i always hate it when i make them myself so in case you're like that too
"phspoileril" as sia mentioned :lol: [hey jesp it's in thread 1 post 2]
you have "An archive over unlisted and deleted Dan & Phil videos" in thread 1.
"Luke Cuthford" in thread 2 should be "Cutforth".
Links in thread 2 (in the first post I think?) to specific posts in that thread aren't working now due to it being split off from thread 1 (not that anyone wouldn't be able to just scroll down and find the posts but whatever)
+ does contweets still work? I clicked the links for the Dan-Chris/Phil-Chris/PJ-Chris conversations and it only showed me their most recent interaction in each case. (although I remember looking at it for something else recently and it was fine, so idk.)

(General question that ensued from reading, is any stuff from lavitaricca still available other than the stuff about voldy? I never saw it when it was around)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

simmehchan wrote:Thanks a lot for this - I learned so much!

You said PJ and Phil went to the same uni, is this true? I thought they were just on Youtube at the same time, cause PJ is quite a bit younger than Phil and I'm sure he went to uni somewhere down south.
You're right, they didn't go to the same university. Phil went to the University of York and PJ went to the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham, Surrey (according to his Wiki). I don't think they ever went to uni in the same time frame either considering their age difference. Maybe the cause of the confusion might be that PJ acted in what is thought to probably have been a university project for Phil in the summer of 2009?

Pics from that shoot:

But they're definitely YouTube friends from the pre-Dan era. One of the few Phil kept around :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
helvetica
sofa crease

this is a work of art! thank you oq and fel
a couple you could add to the Whos Who is Duncan & Mimei
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Just wondering, how do we know that Dan dropped English Literature at AS Level?
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Just wondering, how do we know that Dan dropped English Literature at AS Level?
Hmm, now that you ask, I'm actually not sure. I feel like I got this info from somewhere, but looking back at that vyou, nothing he says suggests that he dropped it.

Also there's this tweet where he mentions English, Geography, and Law (and doesn't mention Psychology) but here there is also no indication that he dropped English.

So yeah, maybe I was confused when I wrote that? (Does anyone know if he ever said anything in a liveshow or anything?)

(Also I will reply to other comments and corrections and stuff soon! I just saw this one and felt compelled to answer)
busy being happy~
vincentian
hobbit hair

Loved the FAQ, very useful to refresh D&P knowledge and it's pleasing to see everything so well-organised. The who's who section is amazing, so much info! Another person to add could be Phil's school friend Mark who took pictures for DAPGO (I realize the potential friend list is endless).
Probably not suitable thread to ask (sorry), but is there any reference/meaning behind the channel name 'pabloislove' ?
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

GIfts Dan and Phil have gotten each other wrote:Phil bday gift to Dan, 2016
???

Dan Christmas gift to Phil, 2016:
???

Phil Christmas gift to Dan, 2016:
???
From Dan to Phil: PyroPet deer candle for xmas

From Phil to Dan: relaxing water sand thing, OIL candle
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

oqua wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Just wondering, how do we know that Dan dropped English Literature at AS Level?
Hmm, now that you ask, I'm actually not sure. I feel like I got this info from somewhere, but looking back at that vyou, nothing he says suggests that he dropped it.

Also there's this tweet where he mentions English, Geography, and Law (and doesn't mention Psychology) but here there is also no indication that he dropped English.

So yeah, maybe I was confused when I wrote that? (Does anyone know if he ever said anything in a liveshow or anything?)

(Also I will reply to other comments and corrections and stuff soon! I just saw this one and felt compelled to answer)
Thank for answering!
felucca
truth bomb

hiddenwombat wrote:
GIfts Dan and Phil have gotten each other wrote:Phil bday gift to Dan, 2016
???

Dan Christmas gift to Phil, 2016:
???

Phil Christmas gift to Dan, 2016:
???
From Dan to Phil: PyroPet deer candle for xmas

From Phil to Dan: relaxing water sand thing, OIL candle
Updated! Thank you!

Dan's bday 2016 happened during the Tatinof tour and I suppose we never heard about any gifts?
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
blueapple_x
flower crown

oqua wrote:
anathema wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
[TW=][/TW]
anathema wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
gnostic wrote:[offtopic]So I just showed V-video to my friend (so sue me) and finally, FINALLY someone agrees with me at it looks very obviously scripted. I used to be so conflicted before because literally even the hardcoredest demon antiphannies I know would claim the video is an example of great performance from Phil and go on to dismantle it from there and at least one other person agrees it looks like a very technical acting job

I_am_not_alone_no_more.jpg[/offtopic]
Not to completely dismiss this, because I can totally see why you'd think this and sometimes I think about the "scripted" thing too. But one thing that recently kind of changed my perception on it was when people found proof of people commenting on other "leaked" videos on Phil's channel or a similar sort of content. While no other proof of them exist other than the tweets, this kind of changed my mind about what I originally felt sceptic about "the holes" in the possibility of it being real. Then again, then videos could have been "embellishment" or others may completely dismiss it. But I find it a neat thing to sort of think about, to expand what we already know about voldy into a possible broader connection of videos-whether real or fake, based upon interpretation. While it's good to get a reaction to the video outside of the phandom-bias, context is important. Nevertheless, talking about voldy is like beating a dead horse so I'll stop.
Can you please explain what you mean by this? I'm not exactly sure what you're referencing here :wtf:
http://indepthbants.com/topic575.html
It's here on IDB, if you go down to the question on a "second v-day video"
I thought the "second vday vid" has been proven not real? At least the sign video. There's basically no proof of it, and those tweets could be talking about any video that was unprivated. There was more than one of Phil's videos unprivated that day, but nothing points to a video besides the vday vid being romantic or even for Dan in general.
(Also question: were those screenshots of the tweets taken by someone here or just found on the internet?)
I took the screenshots. ;)
And yeah, there is no proof that there was another romantic video, necessarily.
I've been meaning to ask...were those accounts you took screenshots of discussing dan, phil, and/or the vday vid at any point? I was a bit confused reading that portion of the FAQ because it mentioned the links they discussed are different from the voldy link. I was just wondering how the connection was made? I assume they were discussing d+p/the vday vid too that day but I just wanted to clarify lol.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

felucca wrote: Dan's bday 2016 happened during the Tatinof tour and I suppose we never heard about any gifts?
Well, unless you count the llamacorn pinata...
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

mysterylovescompany wrote:
felucca wrote: Dan's bday 2016 happened during the Tatinof tour and I suppose we never heard about any gifts?
Well, unless you count the llamacorn pinata...
Yes, and a big bottle of Patron, which I think is one of the photos that appears in the UK edition, but not the US edition, of DAPGO. :sideeye:

But I guess they don't count because they likely were group gifts from the crew?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

In the sexualities thread, where is the 2015 article quote from?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susanisnotafish wrote:In the sexualities thread, where is the 2015 article quote from?
This is the official link (doesn't have the full article unless you register):

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/seen ... wfvh0bqhgj

Here's a screencap:

http://phantaray.tumblr.com/post/132781 ... nt-see-the
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
indepthdanandphil
first-time poster

woah this FAQ is a blessing tbh
onetruetrash
blobfish

I'm surprised I've never heard about the second v-day video! Man, I wish we were able to find it.

It's weird seeing the old Dan and Phil deny that Dan had been a total fangirl. I remember reading old fanfiction and reading what people considered the truth and stuff.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

The meeting time line and the vday thread, all the images are dead. Says they need something for 3rd party hosting.
jesp
why bother

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm The meeting time line and the vday thread, all the images are dead. Says they need something for 3rd party hosting.
Yeah, a couple of the FAQ pages have issues like that. Going through and updating each page is on our to do list, but we've not gotten to it yet.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

jesp wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm The meeting time line and the vday thread, all the images are dead. Says they need something for 3rd party hosting.
Yeah, a couple of the FAQ pages have issues like that. Going through and updating each page is on our to do list, but we've not gotten to it yet.
*thumbs up emoji*