Tumblr is a treasure trove of cool old stuff. Here are some URL tips for searching Tumblr effectively!
I'm using Dan's blog as an example:
- From here, you can filter by either date (by choosing a month and year) or by post type (photo, text, ask, etc.)
- Example: http://danielhowell.tumblr.com//day/2013/05/19
- This will show you everything he posted on a specific day, in chronological order.
- Example: http://danielhowell.tumblr.com//tagged/self
- This will search his blog for posts he tagged with particular tag. For tags with more than one word, put dashes between the words (e.g. http://danielhowell.tumblr.com//tagged/dan-howell)
- Example: http://danielhowell.tumblr.com//tagged/ ... hil/chrono
- This will display posts with that tag in chronological order, from oldest to newest
- Example: http://danielhowell.tumblr.com//search/hng
- This will search his blog for a particular word. To search for a phrase, put dashes between the words.
To search all of tumblr for posts with a particular tag posted before a certain date/time:
- generate a timestamp for the date & time of your choosing, using a website like http://www.timestampgenerator.com
- use the URL https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/TAG?before=TIMESTAMP
- Example: To find posts tagged "AmazingPhil" that were posted on his birthday and before, you would use: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/amazingph ... 1454198399 (that timestamp is for 30 January 2016 at 23:59 GMT, so Phil's birthday). The results are in reverse chronological order, so if you keep scrolling, they get older. If you hover your mouse over the little tab thing in the upper righthand corner of a particular post, it will show you the exact date and time that it was posted.