Summer in the City London 2K19

A place to discuss any IRL interactions with Dan & Phil.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

It's a bit early for this, but I'm spending a month working from London/Edinburgh and I'll be in town for Summer in the City this August.

Not sure how many people are going or if Deppy will do something, but if anyone else from IDB is going, I'd love to meet up.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’ll be going, it’s a highlight of my year, would be great to meet up. Very unlikely Deps will be there, though, I get the feeling they outgrew it a few years ago (phandom didn’t queue sensibly in 2015).
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Awesome! I went in 2011 and then in 2012 when it got much bigger and moved to The Brewery, when I was last living in Europe.
Even the Brewery felt huge compared to 2011, and now I get the impression it's a proper convention and not like, umm, a weird meetup in a park (which was fun but only really possible back then when youtube still felt smol). I certainly can't imagine some of the creators I know at it now, not suprised the phandom failed to queue properly:-/
jestbee
crusty sponge

Me and charlottekath are going this year for the first time, we did vidcon London in Feb and really loved it so thought we'd give SiTC a try too since it's supposed to be a bit better. Got to say the panels are looking more intriguing.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Heyyyy folks this is soon. Should I find a time in the schedule and organize a lil DNP meetup at SITC? Maybe at a nearby pub (with nonalcoholic options) as I get the impression it's quite crowded at SITC?
jestbee
crusty sponge

That sounds like a great idea, I'd definitely be up for a meet up!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Looks like Sunday, August 11th is pretty open in the morning. How about a coffee IDB meetup at 10:30 at a nearby coffee shop or pub? I'll find something near the ExCel.
jestbee
crusty sponge

That sounds great! Let's do it, just let me know where :)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m up for this too :bighug:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Alright, how about Fox@ExCel, Sunday at 10:30AM.

It's more of a pub but it's open at 8AM, and is probably one of the easiest places to have something since the area around the ExCel doesn't have a lot of street life. If it's dead or weird, we can go to Starbucks nextdoor and get carmel macchiatos.

I think @jestbee knows what I look like IRL from twitter, but all you have to do is look for the pink and purple haired 32-year-old-queer dressed like she just raided an 11-year-olds closet. I'm not cool so I don't have any DNP merch to wear.

Address: Warehouse K, ExCel Centre, 2 Western Gateway, London E16 1DR
jestbee
crusty sponge

Yes! Charlotte and I are up for that, thank you!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Cool, I was thinking of there cos it’s where everyone goes especially at comic con. There are a few other places, but it’s a small area along the walkway so there isn’t much, then down the road are some restaurants by the hotels, and a handy corner shop if you need a cheap snack cos inside Excel there are seating areas and food outlets along the entire boulevard, but they know you have to go a way to get anything else and prices are a bit high.

Anyway, I’ll be wearing either a bright blue dress with pink and yellow flowers on or a lighter blue sundress with pink and green flowery pattern, and green trainers. Probs have my brown hair in a short pony tail, and a small blue backpack. Tomorrow I’ll be wearing a dark red dress with black and orange birds on, assuming anyone were to spot me, but anyway, Sunday! Hopefully see you all then :ribena: