Basically I'm Gay (13 June 2019)

Videos posted on the danisnotonfire channel
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

intoapuddle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 pm I put this on tumblr but I thought it was relevant here, too.

Transcription of Dan’s new video between 22:15 to 25:14 (under spoiler in case you haven't watched it)
This was when, through the magic of the internet, I met Phil.

Obviously, we were more than friends, but it was more than just romantic. This is someone that genuinely liked me. I trusted them, and for the first time since I was a tiny child, I actually felt safe.

The relationship that we formed, at that point, was something that I needed in my life. We are real best friends. Companions through life. Like, actual soulmates. (Not that souls are a real thing that exists.)

It’s so lucky to just find someone that you can be that compatible with. Especially to anyone that has experienced the kind of self hatred that I have dealt with. One person accepting you can make all the difference.

I bet so many people want to know so much more about that, which honestly, I take as a compliment. But here’s the thing; I’m somebody that wants to keep the details of my personal life private. So is Phil.

I know lots of people these days, thanks to social media, want to share and monetise every aspect of their life and then as soon as something changes suddenly has this huge drama because everybody got invested in the story of your life like it’s a soap opera—

I don’t want that.

I want to do certain things without an audience. I want to be spontaneous. I don’t want to feel afraid to take risks. I want to be able to enjoy totally fucking something up and not have to post a public statement about it. If anyone thinks that anyone really has to share these things about their life, you need to rethink your position.

And look, I understand that sex is a fun and interesting thing to talk about. I get it - I’m also a disgusting pervert. The specific [?] of “who are they fucking? When, where, how long..” It is… I mean…

Sexuality is a general fact that can be very useful to know about a person for several reasons, but we can’t force people to disclose that either. We don’t know this person’s life story; What they’ve been through, if they haven’t told people, if they’ll lose their job, if they’re in danger. There are so many reasons someone might not be open about it.

We can preach the message that being out is good, but aggressively speculating or trying to out someone is really bad. They might not be gay, in which case we’re just harrassing someone and probably stereotyping, and if they are, there’s gonna be a reason why they haven’t talked about it.

So I don’t want to see any responses to me finally talking about this like,

“No one is surprised.” “Dan, we been knew.”

Wow, you huge galaxy brain genius, what’s it like walking around with all those brain cells in there working over-time? What, you’ve got like three in there? Wow, don’t lose your balance, mastermind.

I haven’t really been subtle, have I?

(clip from collab with Louise and the disstrack)

That’s not the point. I’m already dead inside so it doesn’t matter here, but to me if someone’s reaction to someone coming out is just “yeah, I knew” they’re showing no empathy towards the issue or that person. They’re just making it about themselves like it was a fun piece of gossip they already knew.

All we have to do is listen and be accepting.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
itasca00
moon room

itasca00 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 am Yes, today I woke up, and I decided that this was the right day for me to be utterly and completely destroyed. It was on my schedule. Then Dan tweeted and uploaded. And kabloom!!! It happened. Dan obliged me. Everything today went exactly to plan. :lol:

I can’t tell you how incredible I found this video, both in terms of content and style. I can’t tell you how meaningful I found this video both as a gay man and as a fan of Dan and Phil’s. I’ve been watching YouTube since 2007, and there are a lot of videos that I hold close to my heart. This video is right there with them. :prideheart:

If I had the time, I would probably just transcribe the whole damn video with timestamps at the start of each new paragraph. But I don’t, so I’ll have to hope that (extensive) highlights will be enough to do it justice. Here they are:
  • [0:02] This video is a Not-Currently-Immolated production. I lol’d at the danisnotonfire joke. :lol:
  • [0:28] If the title of the video wasn’t enough, Dan immediately says that he’s not straight.
  • [1:26] Dan says he’s pretty sure that anyone that knows him doesn’t think he’s straight, so he doesn’t feel the need to “come out” so much as "clarify what the hell is going on.”
  • Throughout this video, Dan says a bunch of things that I perceive to be innuendos. The first occurs at [1:42], where Dan describes himself as “impenetrable.” 😏
  • [2:10] Dan starts to tell a queer little story about a boy named Dan. At the start of Dan’s story, he absolutely lays into his father:
    D: When I was a young boy, my father didn’t have much time for me because my conception was clearly an accident, and he was a narcissistic, proud man suddenly inconvenienced in the prime of his life. And this emotional neglect gave me lasting problems with--Sorry, that’s not all relevant right now.
  • [2:37] Dan shows a picture of him from when he was 5 years old. This is followed by two more pictures with (presumably) his mother and grandparents.
  • [4:12] Dan tells the story of him starting school. He was running around the playground when two brothers came up to him, pushed him to the ground, kicked him in the stomach, and called him “gay.” This was the first time he had ever heard that word.
  • [5:05] Dan says he wasn’t looking to define himself as a child. He says he indiscriminately played "doctors and nurses" with various friends, and once one of their moms caught him and two friends completely naked on a bed sticking tape to each other’s butts.
  • [5:45] Dan says that there was one bully who really had it in for him. At [6:40], Dan reveals that he thinks this bully was secretly a little gay. One time, the bully invited him to have a sleepover, and he asked Dan in the middle of the night, “So who’s going to be the boy and the girl?” Dan didn’t really understand what he meant, and he thinks the bully was disappointed.
  • [6:11] Dan talks about his first “girlfriend” who he dated for six weeks and who he kissed once during a game of spin-the-bottle. The girl ended up dumping him over speakerphone while she was at a birthday party that everyone except for Dan had been invited to.
  • [7:32] Interestingly, Dan bleeps the word “faggot.” I think this is the only word in the whole video that’s bleeped. As Dan was talking about Eminem, perhaps it's just a reference to the way swear words used to be bleeped on the radio back in the day. :shrug:
  • [7:50] Dan shows an old photo of him in his secondary school uniform. There’s an even better photo of him as a “greebo” at [8:22].
  • [7:55] Dan tells the story of his first interaction in secondary school. A guy with a “hedgehog”-like haircut called him a poof.
  • [9:05] Dan tells the story of his first crush. He was in English class sitting next to his friend with black hair and bright (blue) eyes, and he started to have some...feelings. At [9:49], the story continues. Dan fell hard for his friend, who didn’t feel the same way. This crushed Dan. Years later, it turned out that his friend was actually gay, and Dan is bitter.
  • [10:13] Dan says that he stopped going to church with his grandmother when he was 13 years old. He felt like he didn’t belong there, but also Christianity had stopped making sense to him by this point.
  • [10:35] Dan talks about the term “emo” arriving and it bringing with it the term “bisexual.” He started identifying as bi to his close friends and on his public Myspace. He says his emo friends were great. They used to get together, make out with each other, listen to music, and drink bottles of Smirnoff Ice until they got sick on each other.
  • [12:01] Dan talks about rumors starting to spread through his neighborhood that he was bi. He says that one day a friend in French class told him (unprompted) that he thought Dan was bi because Dan gave off a bi vibe, and this upset Dan a lot.
  • [12:38] Innuendo #2:
    D: Sorry that I give off mixed signals...I’m versatile.
  • [12:42] Dan says that being bi was a social upgrade. Some of the boys that used to bully Dan started to lowkey flirt with him, and some “stuff” happened.
  • [13:28] Dan talks about his emo friends disappearing and how he had no other friends to fall back on. He says he had no friends for a year.
  • [14:04] Dan talks about how the ways in which he was bullied reached new heights:
    D: The things people used to say off-hand to me in a corridor were now said loudly in classrooms where everybody would laugh. People used to sing songs about me being gay on the bus while my fellow nerds sat around me just stared awkwardly out of the window, not wanting to get involved. People shouted things out during GCSE exams in front of the whole school, and the lowkey pushing became punches. People used to wait for me after school just to throw things at me. Once a guy put his hand around my throat and pushed my head against a coat peg in the locker room while everyone was watching and just slapped me for five minutes.
  • [14:40] Dan says that he never reacted because that would be giving the bullies what they wanted. He also says that this has had a long-term effect on his relationship with emotion. He says that no one stood up for him when he needed them to. He doesn’t blame them, but he does resent them.
  • [15:10] Dan says that teachers saw him being bullied and did nothing. One even saw it and laughed because “boys will be boys.”
  • [15:23] Dan says that, at home, “some shit was going down,” and he references “economic class, violence, addiction, and health issues.” He didn’t feel that he could ask his family for help, mainly due to his dad:
    D: Funny guy. Kind of a woke hippie who did and said a lot of things I did respect but, at the same time, used to walk around the house saying how he hoped someone he had a problem with at work would “die of bum cancer.” Yep, so, uh... Picked the one area to be a bigot that would further traumatize your child. Nice.
  • [16:52] The next year, Dan came back to school “quiet and serious and fully straight.” He needed some new friends, so he joined the “in-betweeners.” These people were the exact middle ground between nerds and people who desperately wanted to be cool. These people knew lots of girls, which was good for Dan’s image, and they were also rather homophobic. At [20:56], he says that 5 of these friends have come out as gay since graduation.
  • [18:09] Dan talks about getting a girlfriend. He says it was pretty messed up. He says he loved her as a friend and was genuinely attracted to her. But he was also frigid towards her and led her on.
  • [18:55] Despite having a girlfriend, Dan was still bullied for being gay. He tells a story of some neighborhood guys, having gotten into alcohol and drugs, “joking” about burning down Dan’s tent at Reading Festival while he was sleeping in it. He also says they “joked” about a notoriously unstable guy saying he was going to kill Dan “next Saturday.”
  • [19:11] Dan says this was the lowest point of his life. He talks about praying to God, even though he didn’t really believe in Him, to make him straight. He continues:
    D: But I saw no end. No escape. No way to change the world or who I was. So one evening, I thought,Fuck it, and I attempted suicide.

D: I say “attempted” because, just before it was too late, I thought, [from the video captions] Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit. What have I done? What have I done? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What will your grandma think? Don’t do this to her. She tried her best, and she loves you. Your family aren’t total dicks, and this will fuck them up. Can’t you just get over it? Surely. You’re gonna get to the last year of school and give up now? Really? What was the point? I heard this is one of the most painful ways to die, so not a great choice if I’m being blunt.

D: Felt kind of bad for a few days. Otherwise, I pretended it never happened, and I didn’t tell anyone. Until now. Literally.
  • [21:14] Dan references Chris Crocker’s ancient “Leave Britney Alone!” video. Poor Chris. That meme is truly going to follow him around until the day he dies.
  • [21:16] Dan talks about wanting to go to college but first spending a boring gap year working at Asda to make some money. He also talks about getting a Twitter account and starting his YouTube channel. He also got a Formspring because he liked the attention, and bisexual Dan made a triumphant return.
  • [22:05] Innuendo #3:
    Wow, I had a lot of fun with many different kinds of people in 2009. Let’s just say: I got a lot out of my system. Got a couple of things in my system too. Sorry.
  • [22:14] Dan talks about his relationship with Phil before moving on to some of his boundaries:
    D: And this is when, though the magic of the internet, I met Phil. And obviously, we were more than friends, but it was more than just romantic. This is someone that genuinely liked me. I trusted them, and, for the first time since I was a tiny child, I actually felt safe. And the relationship we formed at that point was something that I needed in my life.

D: We are real best friends. Companions through life. Like, actual soulmates, not that souls are a real thing that exist. It’s so lucky to just find someone you can be that compatible with. And especially to anyone that has experienced the kind of self-hatred that I've dealt with, one person accepting you can make all the difference.

D: And I bet so many people want to know so much more about that, which, honestly, I take as a compliment, but here’s the thing: I’m somebody that wants to keep the details of my personal life private. So is Phil. I know lots of people these days, thanks to social media, want to share and monetize every aspect of their life. And then, as soon as something changes, suddenly it’s this huge drama because everybody got invested in the story of your life like it’s a soap opera.

D: I don’t want that. I want to do certain things without an audience. I want to be spontaneous. I don’t want to feel afraid to take risks. I want to enjoy totally fucking something up and not have to post a public statement about it. And if anyone thinks people really have to share these things about their life, you need to rethink your position.

D: And look, I understand that sex is a fun and interesting thing to talk about. I get it. I’m also a disgusting pervert, but the specific minutiae of who I be fucking, when, why, where, how long, how. Eh, I mean...
  • [23:57] Dan talks about how we can talk about how it’s good to be out in general, but he says that aggressively speculating about someone’s sexuality or trying to out someone is really bad. He doesn’t want to see any reactions to this video saying that people already knew, especially because he wasn’t exactly subtle about not being straight before this video.
  • [25:11] Dan gets back to his story. He says that, in 2011, he felt that his relationship with his audience changed:
    D: There was a point around 2011 where the relationship with my audience shifted from what felt like direct communication between me and individuals that just saw me as a comedy creator to communities of people that formed to talk about me when I wasn’t there. Which is fine, but for some people, it was about getting generally invested in me and my real life, which I thought was a bit strange. ‘Cause inevitably, like anyone who puts themself out there, some people started to really dig into my private life to find out information about me that I wasn’t ready to share.

D: And this was around the same time that YouTubers finally started to get mainstream recognition in the British press. We had the BBC knocking at our door trying to offer Dan and Phil a radio show. From that, Dan and Phil became this entertainment duo that we could have a creative career with. And we love working together, so when all these opportunities came for Dan and Phil, we were really excited. But I was also scared as people clearly knew I wasn’t straight, and I hadn’t told my family that. None of my old friends knew about this. And what me and Phil had was ours and personal and yet some people were trying to get access to it for their own satisfaction.

D: It was no longer a few people on the internet, no big deal, so I just shut down. It felt like I was back at school again, surrounded by threatening people trying to expose me for their entertainment. Most, I’m sure, just wanted what was best for me, and I feel such genuine sadness, and I’m sorry that I couldn’t be closer to and more truthful with the people in my life that were just trying to be nice. But I wasn’t ready to deal with it at this time, so I had to do something to contain it.

D: I definitely sent some mixed messages. Some were just jokin’ around. [shows screenshot of his "fyi I like vagina" tweet] Others were super defensive that, in my panic, came across like, “I’m now telling everyone I’m totally straight,” when all I really meant was, “Please fuck off, and don’t invade my privacy, you creepy stalkers. Thank you.”
  • [27:17] Dan says that the experience of trying to deny his sexuality online triggered some serious PTSD. He decided to put everything related to his sexuality in a box for him to deal with later.
  • [28:10] Innuendo #4:
    D: And I couldn’t handle that at the time. And, generally, I can handle a lot... I have big hands with a very wide reach…for playing piano you fucking--Get your mind out of the gutter!
  • [28:54] There are several instances in this video where Dan is seriously horny-on-main. This is one of them:
    D: So when was I ready? Well, it’s always been on my mind that I need to talk about this at some point. I couldn’t just keep going forward in my life ignoring it, not only just so I can be authentic, which is very important for general existing, but also just letting people know what kind of sexual attention I want from the world. All of it. From everyone. God, I’m so thirsty!
  • [29:41] Dan says that he never met an out gay person until he was 18. Same. He says that if he had, or if there had been better gay representation in the media, he wouldn’t have felt so totally alone. He thanks everyone that came before him that helped make the world seem welcoming for him.
  • [30:23] Dan talks about his ways of procrastinating from dealing with his sexuality:
    D: And instead of procrastinating from this by focusing on work, which was a way for me to ensure my own independence and survival in case I was rejected, or just doing things for other people to take my mind off it instead of asserting my own needs, which my therapist keeps telling me is one of my biggest problems. Uh… Here I am with a fresh void of time in front of me to fuck up however I want.
  • [31:58] Dan does an impression of the highly nuanced discourse that happens online regarding sexuality:
    D: Would you like a fuck?
  • [32:39] Dan talks about how labels are used by humans to form preconceived notions about a person without having to bother to think.
  • [33:00] Dan shows the background for a “serotonin-deficiency wave” music video. There is a statue that is clearly made from a picture of Dan’s head, and I can’t help but wonder if it is also made from a picture of Dan’s chest... The characters “可愛らしい” also appear on the screen. Google says that they mean “lovely” in Japanese and “cute” in Chinese.
  • [33:24] Dan shows his “label.” It reads, “highly flammable.” Once again, I am highly amused by the danisnotonfire joke. :lol:
  • [33:53] Dan says that gender identity is not his issue. He feels comfortable being called a man/"a tol boye from England”. He also says that being a man means nothing to him. He wouldn’t feel uncomfortable wearing makeup or “a sickening pair of heels” (but that would be a disaster because he can’t even draw in a straight line). He also wouldn’t be upset if he was referred to as a “formless blob” or “she.”
  • [34:49] Dan says that, to him, the endlessly increasing list of tribes and flags being flown with regard to sexuality is a bit daunting and confusing. It also stresses him out because he almost finds it constrictive. But he recognizes that it’s really important to many people.
  • [35:44] Dan says that his confusion regarding labels held him back from talking about his sexuality for a long time. He doesn’t feel that he has to be specific, and he says that Harry Styles and Janelle Monáe (both of whom he looks up to and respects) have said that they don’t feel the need to label their sexualities. He says he feels the exact same way.
  • [36:04] Nevertheless, Dan is willing to give in to pressures from society/his audience and endeavor to give himself an accurate label:
    D: But I get it. For me, you want a word. Ugh, that’s hard, though! I’m a really annoying guy!

D: I feel uncertain specifying my sexuality in the same way I wouldn’t say, “I’m an atheist.” Who the fuck am I to say whether God does or doesn’t exist? I don’t know shit ‘bout shit, and neither does anyone else. I mean, I think it’s unlikely in the same way I know I like dick, but I’m not gonna pretend to have a definite answer here.

D: Looking at my public statements is inconsistent and confusing. Looking at my personal track record through life is...super confusing. And looking at the void inside my soul threatening to crush the entire universe with the force of its event horizon of misery and melodrama--Well, fuck! Let’s close that shit up.

D: One thing’s for sure: Whatever "heterosexual" is, I ain’t it. Really, if you ask me, I don’t think anyone’s totally straight. I think there’s a lot of social and emotional issues getting in the way of yet-to-be-understood feelings of attraction that can be very flexible. And, trust me, I’ve known a lot of “straight guys” until a couple of drinks, some deep conversation, and lingering eye contact. And suddenly they just start leaning in. What does that make them?

D: And am I totally gay? No. Am I slightly more gay, or is it just easier for gays to hook up with each other because of societal norms? It’s not like the signs for male and female bathrooms are what I’m attracted to! I don’t care what flesh organ you have between your legs, what your hair’s like--if you’re covered in it or a fucking beluga whale. I’m gonna be honest: I’m not picky. I’m easy.

D: So am I bi or pan or poly? Well now we’re just back in a clusterfuck of defining language, and I’m confused and sad and horny. This is why I personally love the word queer. I understand that some people don’t, as it is a slur, but as someone that’s been the target of it several times throughout my life, I’m up for some reclamation. It’s like recycling.

D: The definition makes sense because, until society is equal with all sexual and gender identities, it is literally “strange from a conventional viewpoint.” Plus, it’s better than a super long acronym. It’s inclusive of everyone, and therefore great for formless blobs.

D: There we go! An identity I feel comfortable with: A highly strung, depressed queer praying for a giant meteor to hurry up and finally eradicate humanity. LMAO. Yeet!

D: But, to come full circle, I know that even today, deep in my heart, the word "gay" scares me. Because that’s how I’ve been conditioned my whole life. So you know what? Fuck the literal definition and the scientific definition and what everyone thinks. I finally have to just confront and accept this. I’m gay.

D: Oh, look! Didn’t spontaneously fucking combust! Well, there we go! That was a lot of stress about nothing. Wasn’t it? Bloody hell. So, yep. I’m here, I’m queer, and don’t worry, I’m still filled with existential fear.
  • [38:59] Dan says he still has a lot of fears, and coming out to his family was one of them. He says he has problems connecting emotionally with his family, and he reveals that he only came out to them this month. He tried to come out in person to them several times before now, but he just couldn’t do it. So he sent them an email. Same. The email read:
    To the family from the awkward one

Hello gang

I’ve been meaning to talk to you all for a while, something quite important that should be disclosed at some point. I thought I would around Christmas, then Mum’s Birthday, then last Easter Sunday etc but every time I meant to, I either felt like I would ruin the mood of the day or I just felt awkward and didn’t want to.

So I decided just to email you all instead which is really inappropriate and just weird, but that somehow seems appropriate for me and at least I’ll just finally say it.

Basically I’m gay.
  • [40:28] Dan's family's response was very supportive and positive. From an unnamed relative:
    I can imagine it isn’t an easy thing to announce especially if you’ve kept it in for some time. Big respect for having the courage to announce it like you did!
    From his mom:
    Blimey that must be a load off after all this time !!.
    Needless to say I love you with all my heart and always will ,

Mum xxxx
    From his grandmother:
    We love you for being you. It must be a great relief to finally acknowledge who you are.
    Popsie and I just want you to be happy. People are born as they are and have no say in it.

I hope that now you will feel free to live your life as you want with no pretence.

(Don’t Forget the i-pad)
  • [41:11] Dan's here to spread the good word about the joys of being fucked. :lol:
    D: And sure, here online, there might be a few incredibly lost bigots following me or just some classic trolls who I think should get fucked. No, like, literally. I think you should try it. You’ll probably enjoy it, and you might learn something about yourself.
  • [41:54] Dan says he worries about not being accepted by the community (of gender and sexual minorities/of LGBTQIA+ people). He says that most of the community is wonderful, but there’s also a lot of drama in it, especially online. He continues:
    D: So even though they my people, I know some of them will have problems with something.

D: And even then, just seeing such a loud and proud, strong and opinionated group of people celebrating something just intimidates a small introvert such as myself.

D: And in my mind, if these people don’t accept me because I’m not being definitive enough or I took too long, then I almost feel like I’ll be alone all over again. And this is a fear that a lot of people have. Honestly.

D: But I’m a nice guy, and I’m trying my best! So you better be welcoming, you bunch of fucking queers!
  • [43:44] Dan provides us with some “highly illegal and cursed asmr.”
  • [44:00] Dan explains why he felt the need to make a coming out video. He says that he wanted people to understand him. He says that queer people are often invisible and suffering before they have to come out. He says that coming out is often not a pleasant experience outside of big cities and around the world. He says that this is not a fight that is anywhere near over.
  • [44:38] Dan gives a heartfelt message to anyone who isn't out:
    D: To anyone watching this that isn’t out, it’s okay. You’re okay. You were born this way. It’s right, and anyone that has a problem with it is wrong. Based on your circumstance, you might not feel ready to tell people yet or that it’s safe, and that’s fine too. Just know that living your truth with pride is the way to be happy. You are valid. It gets so much better, and the future is clear. It’s pretty queer.
  • [45:12] Horny-on-main Dan returns to end the video:
    D: So there we go. Now I can proceed authentically in my life with full disclosure. Cute mutuals know to slide into the DMs, and you can all fuck off and leave me alone. Bye.
  • No merch links in the video description. Dan does list social media links (without Tumblr), and he credits Phil for production assistance. There’s also this:
    Disclaimer - This video is just a starting point for me, what I felt was the bare minimum (ha) required for me to get this out there so I can move forward with my life, a mix of explanation, justification and opinion. It scratched the surface of several things I could have gone into more detail about, but the purpose of this was to be ..reasonably concise and above all entertaining. In the future, in the right places, I will surely talk much more about everything touched on in this video and more. It’s also likely that something will get misunderstood or misrepresented, perhaps from the way I phrased things or people assuming my thoughts on things that I didn’t specify. Also my story is just the truth of what happened to me and what I thought at certain points of time in my environment, good and bad - of course not my opinions today. So JUST to be clear my opinion on general sexual and gender identities are that everyone is valid and deserves equal rights and the freedom to exist. The only thing I don’t tolerate is intolerance. Cheers to an inevitable bright future, either because people become nice and the old people die or the sun explodes first lmao.
itasca00
moon room

itasca00 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am I realize now that I forgot to timestamp Dan's multiple mentions of Runescape. There may be more, but these are the two I remember:
  • [8:25] Same.
    D: I kinda knew who I was in the hierarchy at that point. I was essentially a theatre kid who spent all of his free time playing Runescape on the AOL browser on his mum's PC instead of football.
  • [17:55] Dan's analysis of his choice to hang out with the "in-betweeners":
    D: Just full-time Runescape would have been better in hindsight.