The New Phil Live Show Episode 1! (I shouldn't be allowed a green screen) - 29 September 2019

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 am I liked this liveshow! In general, the thing I like most about liveshows is that they’re live; we all get to experience with Phil a few moments in time together. Otherwise, solo liveshows have definitely never been my most favorite form of content, so I really didn’t mind Phil trying new things. Here are my highlights:
  • [0:08] Phil comments that he has a new setup (a greenscreen and a new mic), which he’s excited about, and he and Dan have fast internet now, meaning he can do liveshows.
  • [4:07] Phil introduces “Norman Cam,” a supposedly live shot of Norman swimming around in his tank. He uses the “Norman Cam” bit several times throughout the liveshow, always showing the same clip. He did explicitly confirm that it’s not actually a live video of Norman, but he did so in a part of the livestream that ended up being cut from the uploaded video (around [13:15]).
  • [8:00] Phil talks about the change in his hair color that many people noticed from his last video and this liveshow. Phil explains that he was growing his hair out a bit just to see what would happen, but he thought the difference in color between the dark top and light sides was too jarring. So he dyed it again to try to bring unity to his hair using a color called “iced chocolate.”
  • [10:52] Phil wants to play a game using outtakes from his latest video where everyone tries to guess what the blurred out image is along with him in the video. The first outtake appears at [11:11]. The second (of a possum licking a frappe, which Dan relates to spiritually) appears at [12:23]. The third appears at [13:16]. The fourth and final appears (much later) at [39:47].
  • [14:01] Phil says that the chaos involved in the connection problems associated with trying to execute such a complicated game reminds him of the first radio show he and Dan did because the radio show also had such a complicated format. To this day, hearing “Scream & Shout” by will.i.am feat. Britney Spears, which was playing before the start of their first radio show, fills Phil with dread.
  • [15:17] Phil transitions to Segment 2 of the liveshow: NEWSTORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. In this week’s news story, a woman dreamt while riding a train that robbers on the train wanted to steal her engagement ring. To protect the ring, she swallowed it and, upon waking up, found that she had also swallowed her engagement ring in real life. At [18:14], Phil explains that the doctors presented her with a choice: allow the ring to pass naturally or retrieve it surgically. He thinks it would be better to pass it naturally, remaining vigilant for a few days while you wait. 💩
  • [19:29] Phil tells a sleep-related story. While he was in college, he woke up while he was throwing a glass of water all over his bed, and his roommates all though he had peed the bed.
  • [22:58] Phil tells another sleep-related story. One time, his mom and his aunt shared a hotel room, and his mom was woken up in the middle of the night by his aunt screaming in her face, “You shouldn’t be here! You need to leave!”
  • [24:36] Phil tells a third sleep-related story. When he was a child, he used to stand by his parents’ bed because he was too scared to sleep on his own, which is how he ended up sharing a bunk bed with his brother.
  • [24:54] Phil is asked by a person in the chat to grow a beard. He references showing his stubble on Instagram “the other week” (i.e., four months ago), and he says he didn’t like the look and thought it was super itchy. Also, he says the beard edits are so good that he already knows what he’d look like with a beard, and he’s not that into it.
  • [26:41] Phil says that he’d like to do some gaming during his livestreams, perhaps starting as soon as next week. He’s looking to play funny, short games, not epic story-based games.
  • [27:51] Phil says he’s enjoying being back on YouNow again because it’s fun to hang out with his audience.
  • [30:42] Phil talks about Norman for a while: the fish ownership information he’s learned, what Norman likes, etc. :betta:
  • [33:13] Phil says he might do a Halloween-themed video this year, but he hasn’t thought about it yet.
  • [34:18] Phil ponders the idea of attempting to do some nail art during a liveshow. He says Cristine Rotenberg (Simply Nailogical) has sent him some of her Holo Taco nail polish, and he would love to see some holo nails on himself. But then he backtracks saying he’d probably end up making a mess of his desk.
  • [35:36] Phil is asked if he’s getting enough sleep, and he doesn’t answer the question. He does say that he’s been waking up every morning at 5am, and it takes him about half an hour to get back to sleep.
  • [38:59] Phil says he’s always wondered if he’d end up getting a tattoo, but he hasn’t because he’s afraid of committing to something being on his body forever.
  • [41:34] Phil is asked how his plants are doing. He says his peace lily is “insane” now, but he also got a venus fly trap that died pretty much as soon as he bought it. Apparently, he was dealing with a fruit fly infestation at the time, but it’s since cleared up.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?