Phil vs. a giant spider - Playing Limbo! *LIVE* - 3 November 2019

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:37 am As usual, this was a lovely liveshow! This week, my favorite part was the gaming segment because I got a huge amount of enjoyment watching Phil control a character that looked very much like his own little copy of Dan and try very hard to keep him safe. :D Here are my highlights:
  • [2:16] For the celebration of Bonfire Night in the UK, an effigy of Guy Fawkes is traditionally burned in a bonfire. Apparently, when Phil was a kid, the effigy made by his parents was made out of Phil’s old school uniforms that no longer fit him. At the time, Phil liked that his school uniforms were being burned, but he finds it slightly disturbing in hindsight.
  • [4:16] For Christmas, Phil isn’t sure if he’s going to get a real tree again because he’s been v disappointed that they haven’t been delivered by a person in a kilt (as advertised) the past two years.
  • [5:35] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: In Louisiana, a lady working in a doctor’s office was arrested because she had been selling doctor’s notes to high school students to get them out of their classes.
  • [9:13] Phil says he used to have a pogo stick as a child, and it was loud and squeaky. When he was playing with it once, an angry neighbor shouted at him, “Shut the f up with that bouncin’ stick!” Phil says his parents responded, “Uh, it’s a free road. He can stick about, bouncin’ on his stick if he wants.” However, Phil decided to stop using his pogo stick anyway. At the end of his story, Phil is tickled that he said, “bouncin’ on his stick.” :lol:
  • [14:41] Phil does a lovely imitation of some ASMR of eating noises. 🤢
  • [14:56] Phil reacts to the recent news from My Chemical Romance. He isn’t sure if they’re coming back and doing “the whole shebang” or if they’re just doing one concert. If they’re doing the whole shebang, he says he’s going to start peeing. Later this leads to these fine statements:
    P: More people are saying “whole shebang” in the chat, so I’m getting excited now. The pee...is--I’m gonna stop with that sentence. That was--*laughs* I did say I’d start peeing. I’m not peeing. It’s fine.
    At [31:00], Phil says he’s not going to go to the concert.
  • [17:51] Phil talks about going to Kew Gardens. He was surprised at how big it was. He ended up walking 16,000 steps, and he thinks this may be a personal best. Because of his sedentary job, he says he usually only gets in about 1,800 steps per day.
  • [20:34] Phil says (not for the first time) that his favorite game on Nintendo Switch is Hollow Knight.
  • [21:17] Phil shows us Norman Cam, and it is preceded by a cute spelling cheer of Norman’s name. At [22:26], Phil shows us Shrimp Cam. Phil calls the shrimp Dad Shrimp, Mum Shrimp, Baby Shrimp, and Peach Shrimp because Baby Shrimp is the child of Dad Shrimp and Mum Shrimp, and Peach Shrimp is a different color than the other three. Also, Phil still isn’t over how long snails live. :lol:
  • [23:36] Phil talks about his latest video "I Try To Spend The Night In A Haunted Hotel - Ad".
  • [28:28] Phil talks about Dan’s new merch! Phil thinks the candle is very Dan because it’s all black, and, much like his own candle, he thinks the Dandle smells very much like the essence of Dan (musky but in a good way, like spices, woody).
  • [30:51] Someone in chat says that Dan’s Halloween Twitter layout outspooked Phil’s, and Phil reluctantly agrees.
  • [31:07] Phil talks about the Phantom Frappuccino Halloween specialty drink from Starbucks that he previously highlighted in this Instagram Story. He eventually says ([31:54]):
    P: Apparently, it makes your poop black as well, so I think some people were drinking it like, “Um...am I okay?” I didn’t finish mine, so I don’t know if that phenomenon would happen to me.
    In case you’re starting to sense a theme (as I am), this is indeed at least the third time Phil has mentioned poop since he started doing liveshows again. 💩
  • [33:13] Phil hasn’t yet fully committed to his brown hair. He thinks he’s going to keep it brown for a bit, but he also still likes having black hair. He wanted to stop dying it for a bit just to see what it was like.
  • [34:17] For the gaming segment this week, Phil plays Limbo. At [35:36], Phil agrees with someone in the chat’s assessment that the main character in the game looks like Dan. But at [40:56], Phil names the character Larry and not Dan because the character dies frequently in the game. :love1: My only other highlight from this segment is Phil saying after landing a difficult jump ([44:12]):
    P: Fully clenched my butt then.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?