Last live show of the DECADE! - 15 December 2019

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

For posterity, the discussion of this liveshow in the main thread begins here.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
itasca00
moon room

itasca00 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 am Despite the one or two widely unpopular parts, I thought this liveshow was rather enjoyable overall! Here are my highlights:
  • [1:01] Phil thinks immortality would be pretty boring because you would eventually run out of new things to do. He equates this with maxing out all of the skills you can in The Sims.
  • [2:16] Phil shows us (a very festive) Norman Cam.
  • [6:40] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: A girl sent a CV to her mom about why she should be allowed to get a dog, and she was allowed to get a dog. Phil says he did this when he was younger, except he wrote, “Can I have a dog?” on every line of a thirty page notebook. This tactic did not work for Phil.
  • [9:29] Phil is asked why he doesn’t get a dog now. He tells a story about getting his hair cut in his apartment recently and tracking a small bit of hair into a communal area in his apartment complex. One of his neighbors saw it and complained to the landlord that Dan and Phil had a pet in their apartment because apparently the neighbor is highly allergic to dogs. Side note: I find it insane that Dan and Phil get their hair cut in their apartment exactly because their hair will inevitably get everywhere.
  • [10:28] Phil gives some hints about what will be in his next video. He says he’s going to be attempting something that he hasn’t attempted before, and it’s going to be a bit festive too. At [26:51], Phil gives another hint saying that his tree with tinsel will be in the video again.
  • [12:49] Recently, Phil tweeted (below) about receiving a notification that a package he had ordered had been left with one of his neighbors. Phil resolves the cliffhanger from this tweet saying that he did nothing for a day, and the neighbor ended up leaving the package by his door.
  • [14:23] Before this liveshow, Phil attempted to water his Christmas tree. He ended up pouring a bunch of water onto the floor, and he feared electrocution by some illuminated Christmas presents he had under the tree. :ravetree:
  • [17:11] When talking about someone mixing up salt and sugar, Phil mentions baking with Dan:
    P: “That sounds like something you and Dan would do when baking.” I know, midnightmocha. I’m surprised we never did that, actually, in all our time that we baked.
  • [27:50] For the gaming segment this week, Phil plays The Blockbuster Party Game made by Big Potato Games. At [30:25], he says, “so fetch,” as a reference to the movie Mean Girls. :lol:
  • [31:40] Phil drops a bomb on the liveshow:
    P: “Okay, but mukbang?” Don’t think I’m gonna do a mukbang. I feel like the mukbang was our attempt at a mukbang. *laughs* I don’t think I want it to be a series. Um, but I did enjoy ordering Dominos, so that was--that was a nice experience.
  • [32:00] Phil says that Gremlins is his favorite Christmas movie, but then he backtracks and says that it’s kind of tied with Home Alone.
  • [33:33] Phil takes a BuzzFeed quiz to determine what his future career is going to be based on the Christmas he’s planning. The quiz determines that he’s going to be a vet.
  • [40:44] Phil says that he ordered some delivery groceries the other day. Included in his (small) order was some mint shower gel, and they ended up delivering mint sauce by mistake. Phil is somewhat incredulous.