What I got for my birthday! | Live Show - 2 February 2020

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 am It was good to see Phil as always! :D Here are my highlights:
  • [4:32] Phil reveals that the cake he baked in his latest video was eaten by him, Dan, and some other friends. Dan and the other friends gave it a B+.
  • [5:02] Phil continues to reveal his feelings for Paul Hollywood:
    P: Paul Hollywood, box me...Dad.
  • Phil talks about celebrating his birthday:
    • [5:31] On the day of his birthday, Phil talked with his parents on FaceTime, and he got to open some presents from them that they sent home with him after Christmas. They got him some shoes that he had forgotten that he asked for.
    • [6:46] Bryony Matthewman got him a dinosaur pen that can write in different colors.
    • [9:16] Another friend got him a sound effect machine.
    • [12:54] For Phil’s birthday, Norman has been swimming through the hole in the rocks, and “he knows that’s the best thing.” Also, his time spent with Phil has been his birthday present. :betta:
    • [14:03] For his birthday, Phil also got a crystal growing kit, and his friend got him a miniature zen garden. He’s thinking of putting a grown crystal in the middle of the zen garden.
    • [14:30] Dan got Phil the Norman mug he previously showed on Instagram. It’s a mug that reveals the image on it only when warm.
    • [41:45] On the day of his birthday, Phil went to see Weathering with You with some friends, and they had the theatre to themselves.
  • [7:42] Phil’s been really clumsy since his birthday. He’s smashed three mugs: one from Japan, one from NASA, and one that was a plain but good drinking mug.
  • [10:29] Phil shows us Norman Cam.
  • [11:41] Phil talks about seeing Dear Evan Hansen. He enjoyed it, and it was more emotional than he expected.
  • [16:51] Phil is going to the dentist this week, and he’s worried that his wisdom teeth will have to come out. They’re growing sideways, so this is actually inevitable, but he doesn’t know exactly when it’s going to have to happen.
  • [20:23] Phil’s dad once got his mom a new “pro” iron as one of her main presents for Christmas, and she was not amused. He made up for it next year by getting her an iPad.
  • [24:18] Phil is (probably) not going to upload last week’s liveshow because it didn’t record. And what about the liveshow from the week before last (January 19)? Why was that recording deleted from Tumblr, Phil?
  • [25:49] Phil says his favorite Friends episode is “The One with the Embryos” (season 4, episode 12). When he was young, he had this episode "on video," and he used to watch it all the time.
  • [27:04] Phil acknowledges Phandom Gives. He commits to donating himself (which he did, see below), and he also has included a link to the fundraiser page in the video description. ♥️
  • [29:06] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: An animal rescue farm in North Carolina is seeking volunteers to cuddle piglets to socialize them and prepare them to be adopted as pets.
  • [33:26] Phil decides to insert some wholly unwanted ASMR into his liveshow. 🤢
  • [35:10] For the gaming segment this week, Phil plays If You Had To... with the liveshow audience.
  • [37:42] Phil once tried to do a silence for Comic Relief with his friend, and they only lasted about four hours.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

madzilla84 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm I thought it was great! He seemed in a really good mood and was just generally very funny. Here are the things i remember:

- He started the show with several terrible Groundhog Day puns lol
- On his birthday itself he went to see the anime movie ‘Weathering With You’ (the sequel to 'Your Name') with friends, and they had the whole cinema to themselves
- He got some turkish delight for his birthday which he was eating before the show
- Phil got every ten-year-old’s dream gifts for his bday - Bryony got him a multicoloured triceratops ballpoint pen with a dangling dino keychain, another friend got him a mini zen garden kit, another got him a sound effects machine (which he demonstrated) and another got him a crystal growing kit
- Dan got him the Norman mug from his instagram pic the other day, which is a colour-changing mug (when you put hot liquid in it, Norman appears)
- His parents gave him his birthday gifts at Christmas and he had to wait to open them; they got him some white and blue shoes he loves and wants to use for ‘summer looks’; he facetimed them on his birthday
- His favourite gifts were the mug and the shoes
- He has more birthday celebrations still to come
- The News Story of the Weeeeeeeeeeek was about a farm in North Carolina which is looking for volunteers to go and cuddle piglets (‘I volunteer as tribute’ - Phil)
- He ate the whole cake from the baking video with the help of Dan and some other friends, and they all gave it a B+
- The baking vid is one of his favourites he’s done for a while
- Norman looking great as always in Norman Cam
- He was delighted by all the birthday comments and art and #happybirthdayphil trending
- He’s managed to smash 3 mugs in the last few days, including his NASA mug and a mug from Japan; today he threw coffee all over the kitchen and his own toes
- He loved Dear Evan Hansen, favourite song was Sincerely Me
- He absolutely loved the finale of The Good Place
- Community question was about strange birthday gifts - his dad got his mum an iron once which she was not impressed by, but later he got her an iPad which she was much happier with :lol:
- Played a bit of the card game from last time picking between 2 scenarios; chose to become a slug rather than destroy the moon (‘AmazingSlug is rising’)
- He got recommended an 8-hour ‘nurse taking care of you’ ASMR vid and watched a tiny bit out of curiosity, also imitated a little for us, thanks Phil
- Sent good luck vibes to folks for upcoming vidcon ballots :please:
- Last week’s show didn’t record so he can’t upload it, but should be able to upload today’s
- Red velvet is still his cake of choice
- His rainbow gaming mouse was having a gay disco when he came into the room with the lights off as he left the PC on :lol:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."