VidCon NOW: Phil Lester Will Do THIS to Americans (and it will make you smile!) (27 July 2019)

Videos appearing on other channels and featuring Dan and Phil
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

For posterity, the discussion of this video starts here.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This video was fun! I’ve watched almost none of Dan and Phil’s videos that were uploaded prior to 2014, so this was all new to me! Here are my timestamps:
  • [0:00] Phil explains the format of the video. He’s going to be asked a series of questions that he’s going to answer as they relate to the present. Then, he’s going to be shown a clip of him answering the same question in one of his past videos.
  • [0:22] Question: What are things you need to use now that you’re an adult? Present response: His dad once got him a drill, and he has never used it. Past response: Now that he’s a “real man,” he needs to use things like bleach, a spaghetti spoon, and an iron. Phil comments that he ironed the T-shirt he’s wearing this morning, so he’s learned how to do that.
  • [0:53] Question: How do you catch up with your childhood? Present response: He’d watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Past response: He needs to eat a bunch of Pop-Tarts.
  • [1:13] Question: What is the scariest thing ever? Present response: He thinks it’s either the universe exploding (because he likes being alive) or a horse in the dark. Past response: He says it was performing live on stage.
  • [1:59] Question: What do you do when a noise wakes you up? Present response:
    P: It depends on the noise, but if I’m alone in the house and something wakes me up, I just freeze and probably hide under the duvet and hope it goes away. I’m not very brave.
    Past response: He becomes an instant ninja meerkat underneath the covers.
  • [2:28] Question: What is something you always wanted to be? Present response: He always wanted to be a weatherman. Past response: He always wanted to be a robot. In response to the clip, Phil also comments:
    P: Wow, that hair is something else! Isn’t it in that one?
  • [2:54] Question: What is addictive? Present response: He thinks it’s playing video games. Past response: He thinks it’s playing video games.
  • [3:27] Question: What do you think of Apple? Present response: He likes it. Past response: He was confused by how to use video editing software in Apple.
  • [4:15] Question: What do you want to do to Americans? Present response: He wants to give them a hug. Past response: He wants to give them a hug. :bighug:
  • [4:38] Question: What did you get your mum for Mother’s Day? Present response: He drew her a token that was good for one afternoon tea/dinner with him. Past response: He got her a stuffed animal monkey in a cage.
  • [5:09] Question: What are your rules if you ruled the internet? Present response: He would make the internet super fast everywhere, as it’s slow where he lives. Past response: He’d call it the Philternet, the interlion, or the Philterlion.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?