VidCon NOW: How Much Has Dan Changed in 10 Years? | Then + Now (29 August 2019)

Videos appearing on other channels and featuring Dan and Phil
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 pm It's always nice to see Dan! Here are my timestamps for his VidCon NOW "Then + Now" video:
  • [0:00] Dan explains the format of the video. He’s going to be asked a series of questions that he’s going to answer as they relate to the present. Then, he’s going to be shown a clip of him answering the same question in one of his past videos.
  • [0:13] Question: How do you introduce yourself? Present Response: To introduce himself, Dan would say, “Hi, I’m Dan.” Then he would stare unblinkingly until the other person is uncomfortable. Past Response: (From “HELLO INTERNET.”) “Hi. So my name is [Dan].” Dan says that this was actually a good intro, but it’s been memed to death.
  • [0:47] Question: How do you lie in bed during the heatwave? Present Response: Dan sweats profusely and feels his arms and legs stick to parts of his body he didn’t know he had because most buildings in Europe are old and don’t have air conditioning. Past Response: Dan lies naked on his bed like a starfish every night.
  • [1:25] Question: What is a serious problem with humanity? Present Response: Dan thinks we’re all very angry and react to things emotionally instead of being patient and empathetic. Past Response: The problem is “cool” handshakes that cool people do and how you’re supposed to know what they are, who does them, and when they’re going to happen.
  • [2:12] Question: What is the meaning of life? Present Response: Dan knows what he said in the past and still agrees: The meaning of life is to do what makes you happy. Past Response: The meaning of life is to be happy.
  • [3:08] Question: What will you do if we subscribe? Present Response: Dan will brace us for disappointment. Past Response: (Again from “HELLO INTERNET.”) Dan will love you forever and see you soon.
  • [4:15] Question: What is not easy? Present Response: It’s not easy being forced to watch your own evolution publicly on the internet. Past Response: It’s not easy keeping friends when you have butterfingers. Present Dan says he stands by “BUTTERFINGERS” and “Procrastination” as good video content.
  • [5:04] Question: What makes your life have no purpose? Present Response: Dan is “offended” that the question assumes that his life has no purpose. :lol: Life has no purpose because there are no real answers to the universe, and, therefore, we’re just kidding ourselves when we say there’s any truth to anything. Past Response: It’s like his life has no purpose when Dan finishes a season of a TV show and learns that he has to wait a whole year before the show comes back on again.
  • [6:10] Question: Where have you NOT been caught talking to yourself? Present Response:
    D: That is a very short list. I’m someone that likes to go over things in my head. Like, if I have a conversation with someone and it goes really badly, I’ll spend, like, the next four days replaying it like *mumbles.* If I’m with Phil, he’ll be like, “You okay?” And I’m just walking around going *mumbles*. And if I’m doing it in public, which I do a lot, I’ve got a trick which is I pretend that I’m on a phone call to someone. So I’ll be walking around going *mumbles* looking weird and then someone makes eye contact with me. And then I just hold an AirPod and go, “Thanks for the call, Deborah! Speak to you later! Bye!” Hehehe. Oh, God. I’m weird. I need to stop doing that.
    Past Response: The bathroom is the only place where he hasn’t been caught talking to himself. Referring to the video clip, Dan says that his mom is mortified that the original video (“SERIOUS BUSINESS”) was uploaded because she was the one that got him the internship at the law firm where Dan filmed it. Dan says that everyone there saw it and are now glad that they didn’t hire him.
  • [7:33] Question: What are you not afraid of doing? Present Response: Dan will aggressively shush anyone who talks during the movie at a movie theatre. Past Response: Dan is not afraid to shush anyone who’s being really loud during a movie at a movie theatre.
  • [8:17] After watching these clips, Dan thinks it’s funny how he’s basically the same person with the same opinions and the same things he wants to talk about, despite his videos having a different production value and him having different hair, a different personality, and different jokes.
  • [8:46] To close the video, Dan stares blankly and unblinkingly into the camera. He says he’s waiting for us to make a move because he can do this all day.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?