SPOOKY WEEK BEGINS! Dan and Phil Play: GRANNY (26 October 2018)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

itasca00 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 pm I’m so excited for Spooky Week this year, and I thought this video was a great warmup! :candycorn: Those fifteen minutes went by really quickly for me, though, and I found myself wishing that the video had been longer. Anyway, here are my highlights:
  • [0:08] Phil opens the video by letting out an extended comical scream. Not to be outdone, Dan decides to say “spooky” in his own unique way at [0:20].
  • [0:30] Phil throws a pumpkin at Dan’s face, and it turns out that it’s not as soft as expected.
  • [1:03] I definitely don’t want to see any fun being had on DanAndPhilGAMES. This is a business. Let’s keep it professional. *awoos in a serious responsible businesslike manner*
    P: Sorry, I was having fun.
    D: Stop having fun! It’s not the meaning of the season.
  • [2:05] Dan lays down some strong opinions on his grandmothers. He says he thinks everyone has a nice grandma and an evil grandma. Phil seems somewhat mortified at the insinuation that either of his grandmothers weren’t nice.
  • [3:06] Dan finds lesbians impressive.
    P: And she’s ready to come out.
    D: She’s ready to come out?
    P: Give you a glass of milk.
    D: Granny’s a lesbian?
    P: She’s not a lesbian!
    D: Oh.
    P: She’s ready to climb out of the iPad with a glass of milk and feed it to you.
    D: Well, I guess that’s still impressive.
  • [3:16] No comment.
    P: Taste my milk, Daniel.
  • [4:34] I feel like this made Phil laugh way harder than it should have, but I’m not complaining.
    P: Never Google “extreme granny.” *laughs*
    D: The real horror is having to spend so much time with Phil.
  • [5:57] Dan is jumpscared, which jumpscares Phil. Dan’s scream is everything. :lol: After the initial scare, Phil hits Dan repeatedly on the arm. This is also everything.
  • [7:59] Why on earth was this a thing that Dan thought of?
    D: Come in, Granny.
    P: No.
    D: I’ll lick your ankles, and you won’t even know who did it.
    P: Don’t lick her ankles.
  • [8:10] I first took note of this moment because I thought what Dan said was funny, but Phil’s demeanor is also pretty cute.
    D: She’s sharpened her fingers. I mean, there’s having good nails. Then, there’s having great fingers.
    P: Shh, shh, shh.
    D: Granny’s got it. Where do you go for that?
    P: I’m scared.
    D: Give me the number for the salon.
  • [8:59] Dan and Phil are jumpscared again, and we get a good scream from Dan. :D
  • [9:46] Dan and Phil both gasp theatrically.
  • [10:27] Aww, Dan! :cry:
    D: Look, and, if your grandparents talk to themself, that’s fine. Sometimes you get lonely when you’re older.
    P: They do.
    D: Sometimes you get lonely when you’re younger.
  • [12:06] Dan and Phil are jumpscared again, but Dan suppresses his scream. :(
  • [14:24] Dan chops Phil in the face. Truly a great end to the video.
  • Curses! The merch links have both reverted to danandphilshop.com. :wahh:
  • General thought: I appreciated how Dan roleplayed throughout the video as a disobedient child interacting with his grandmother.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."