The Creepy Mind of Phil Lester (27 October 2018)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sonicgreen
woodland creature

itasca00 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:49 am Yay, Spooky Week Day 2! I have a feeling that the videos this week are just going to keep getting better and better. Here are my highlights:
  • [0:48] This is so silly, and Phil’s so giggly already. I didn’t think it was that funny, but his laugh is super contagious! :lol:
    P: I think it’s funny if we just don’t mention the snake I was just stroking at all.
    D: And that sounds wrong. Doesn’t it?
    P: It could be like-- *laughs*
    D: Okay.
    P: Are you gonna leave that in? Oh, no. What’s down here?
  • [1:54] Again, I didn't think what Phil said was that funny, but it's worth highlighting because of their reaction.
    P: It’s like The Ring but The Square. *laughs*
    D: I was gonna s-- *laughs*
    P: The sequel nobody wanted.
    D: You thought The Ring was scary? Welcome to The Square.
  • [2:17] What's the problem, Dan? I see no issue. 😏
    P: I think we need to toss a coin or something. We’ll toss a snake. Let’s toss the snake. That sounded wrong. You know what I mean? Right. I’ll be the top of the snake.
    D: The real horror--Oh, no.
    P: And you be the bottom of the snake. Here we go. Woo!
    D: No, no, no, no, no. He did it. It landed top side up. You’re doing the test.
  • [3:51] I think it's so sweet how protective Dan is of Phil. 🤗
    D: Now, Phil, it’s just a quiz, but you are very fragile and sensitive.
  • [5:25] I agree with Dan. This comes up way more often than I think it should.
    Prompt: It's raining outside and you're walking in bare feet. You take one step forward and crush a snail between your toes. You feel:
    D: I’d feel jealous.
    P: Jealous that the snail wasn’t me.
    D: “I wish I could crush myself!” Um.
    P: Some people are sexually attracted to giant people, though, so you’d be like, “Crush me, Daddy.”
    D: Literally way too many macrophilia references on this channel.
  • [5:40] Dan is too precious for this world! :love1:
    D: You know sometimes there’s loads of snails on a path--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --because of, like, rain or something? Well, once I went outside, and there were like thirty snails. And it stressed me out so much at how they were gonna get squished that I spent about an hour picking up every snail and putting it in a bush.
    P: Awww! Snail savior!
    D: And then inevitably they just crawled into the road again.
  • [7:17] Phil is jumpscared by the static in the game. It's only a small one. For now.
  • [8:00] Dan and Phil have an extended conversation about whether Phil actually believes in ghosts. Dan gives an amazing eye roll at [8:05], and the conversation concludes at [8:25] with this:
    D: I’d say no. *snorts*
    P: Alright.
    D: Okay. Right, go on.
    P: Hope you get haunted tonight.
    D: I do...by my own past.
  • [8:55] Dan and Phil talk about their apartment several times in this video. Here, Dan says that their apartment building was built recently. At [11:47], Phil says that there are lots of noises in the apartment all the time. Dan says there are noises because there are lots of people living in the building, and he says he likes having these noises around. At [14:05], Dan and Phil say they don’t know the neighbors on the other side of a wall that is shared with the DanAndPhilGAMES room, and there’s apparently a hole in the ceiling going straight to their neighbors' apartment. (Maybe they should talk to their landlord?)
  • [9:05] Dan and Phil toured an apartment where three people had been murdered in a bedroom. Apparently, it’s a long story that has to wait for another time. Someone should make a note to bring this up in a liveshow sometime.
  • [9:57] Dan has a strong opinion on which answer Phil should choose for the question, “I often think about where my hands are and what they’re touching.” I found it amusing how much Dan seemed to struggle not to tell Phil what to do.
  • [10:51] Phil is jumpscared when he notices a face on the screen. The jumpscares are getting bigger! :)
  • [11:27] Phil says (metaphorically, not in the video), "Don't choke me, Daddy!"
    P: I mean, if you start strangling me, I’m not going to be like, Oh, this is fun.
    D: Yeah, yeah.
    P: I would be like, Time to die.
    D: I mean, weird statement. Sure.
  • [13:13] Phil’s greatest fear is home invasion. Honestly, same.
  • [14:58] Interesting insight into the personalities of Dan and Phil:
    Prompt: When faced with conflict, your preferred method of resolution is…
    D: I actively avoid the conflict, and my therapist says that’s something I need to work on.
    P: I like to just be very out of the conflict.
    D: I negotiate other people’s conflicts very well--
    P: But not mine. No.
    D: --but my own conflicts: I run away with them and then wonder why I’m stuck.
  • [17:04] Phil is jumpscared by a sudden noise emitted by the game, and he almost swears. :D
  • [17:30] Dan reminds Phil that Phil has done some muay thai, and Dan says that he has done some taekwondo. I guess this must have been before they went on tour? I'd like to hear more!
  • [19:02] Dan really is so cute.
    D: I’m acute, and I’m having a stress reaction all the time.
  • [19:11] I guess gaming videos are supposed to be high energy, but this statement still struck me as unhealthy.
    D: I don’t think I’ve ever been calm filming a gaming video.
  • [19:24] Phil tries to jumpscare Dan while they’re doing a breathing exercise to calm down, but Dan doesn’t flinch. :(
  • [22:07] Dan and Phil are both jumpscared. Finally, Dan lets loose a good scream, and Phil smacks Dan on the arm. :rofl:
  • [22:25] Dan and Phil are jumpscared again, but Dan’s reaction is strangely delayed.
  • [23:48] Dan jumpscares Phil while they’re listening to a noise outside of the apartment. Phil punches Dan in the shoulder.
  • [24:47] Interesting thing for Dan to say:
    D: But for a thing that costs £3 made by a dude? Yeah, pretty fun.
    P: Good game.
    D: Would buy a new underwear on Amazon.
  • [25:09] Even though Phil sees it coming a mile away, Dan jumpscares him one last time.
  • Unfortunately, Dan and Phil’s merch links are still danandphilshop.com for this video. :roll:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:10 pm I actually really loved that! It was that really good kind of unnervingly creepy for me, and I loved their bants and it was interesting to see some of Phil's answers (as well as what Dan would choose lol). I hope it only gets spookier from here because this is the stuff I signed up for during spooky week.

-how dare Dan diss that jumper. Usually I lean to more of a monochrome, definitely Dan-esque style of clothing, but that jumper is fantastic, and it looks great on Phil (also I totally went to topman and bought it, and am coincidentally wearing it today so I might be biased)
-Phil stroking his snake and his commentary about it at the beginning killed me
-Phil tips his snake to that twitter user. Right.
(2:19) - P: "Let's toss the snake...that sounded wrong. You know what I mean. Right, I'll be the top of the snake, you be the bottom of the snake." Amazing.
-Phil's sweater paws are cuuuute
(3:52) - D: "Now Phil, it's just a quiz, but you are very fragile and sensitive"
-Phil's dramatic scared click was endearing
-lmao there really is a lot of macrophilia references on dapg
(5:40) - Dan talks about saving snails from being crushed. How freaking sweet ahh
-...have they actually seen Bojack Horseman or does Dan just keep making that reference just because?
-I'm not here for the cat hate from Dan. I'm glad Phil talked about it being a present
(8:02) - Dan judges Phil for believing in ghosts (as usual). P: "I've had ghost experience. We know this" I really love the way they're just talking to very directly each other in this bit.
(9:08) - They have a whole story about a place they were looking at where three people were murdered? And then they don't tell us the story?? I need to know
-I think those glasses would look better on Dan if he was wearing them properly lmao
-I love their little domestics about the ghost thing as it keeps coming up
(11:58) - Phil jumping and whispering to Dan that he doesn't trust the game was cute ): I love that Dan just tells him to stop winding him up
-lol "nobody would know if I went missing". all I'm gonna say is extreme codependency
(13:15) - D: "Phil's greatest fear is genuinely home invasion"
P: "It really is"
(14:58) - D: "I actively avoid the conflict and my therapist says that's something I need to work on" It's such a quick little moment with Phil talking over him at the end, but I love the ease of him saying that. It attests to his comfort levels and it's really great to see.
-A ferris wheel is definitely flammable Dan smh
(17:06) - Phil jumps and Dan quietly asks if he's okay.
-teasing the boxing again ):
(17:46) - D: "We have a lot of experience" Good use of 'we' here.
(19:02) - D: "~I'm acute and I'm having a stress reaction all the time~"
P: "Stop it I'm breathing"
(19:16) - P: "I was trying to imagine birth" the mpreg dream lives on
-I knew the jumpscare was coming but I was not super ready for it. Or the second one. But they weren't the worst. Dan's screaming definitely makes it worse for me
sonicgreen
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm Timestamps for The Creepy Mind of Phil Lester - which, btw, they get definite props for going the Shane Dawson parody route for the title/thumbnail. I actually laughed when I saw it.

:10 - Dan asking Phil if it was he got the shirt for his birthday or Christmas - Phil has no idea. (But it's funny that Dan expected him to.)
:30 - Dan both critiques and compliments Phil's jumper. "Ugly but in a really cool way. I love it."
:48 - Natural Phil voice, meaning he fully didn't expect for that to be something that they leave in but when Dan addresses the audience instead of Phil, Phil's instantly fine with it being left in.
1:25 - Crossy Road is the most exposure that Phil's ever had.
1:33 - Dan's super into bisexual susan's name, isn't he?
1:55 - Dan pausing his sentence to facepalm and yet genuinely laugh at Phil's dumb joke about The Square.
2:13 - Dan is the psychologist in this roleplay scenario because under pressure Phil isn't good at reading.
2:26 - Dan's visceral reaction of "ohhhh no no no, he did it" when the words "I'll be the top" come out of Phil's mouth.
2:53 - Some real cute sweaterpaw Phil touching his face acting.
2:58 - Phil makes a cheese joke; at this point Dan is letting Phil get away with the obligatory branding-appropriate jokes. (Which I want to clarify is not me saying Phil not liking cheese isn't also reality, but Phil likes the easy lolz and Dan coaxing Phil out of that comfort zone of easy lolz answers is like the theme of this video.)
3:52 - Dan says "But you are very fragile and sensitive." about Phil and I'm not actually sure he's joking? I am fascinated by and yet relate to the fact that Phil loves horror but also seems extremely sensitive to some horror things. (It makes me think of him being upset by the bodies of dead children in Outlast 2 when they played it together.)
5:10 - Dan knows some barefooters out there. "It's a valid lifestyle."
5:21 - Dan mentions snails as an anxiety of his.
5:30 - Macrophilia reference.
5:38 - Dan expands on the snail anxiety.
6:17 - "The person in my brain - who is me."
6:58 - Phil would be proud if his cat gave him a mouse. Dan would feel inconvenienced. I kind of love that Dan has a healthy respect for death that's part of a natural process re: predator/prey relationship, but feels guilt over something like snails dying because it's people stepping on them and killing them in that situation.
7:33 - Phil very sweetly: "Oh no. I hope it's not gory."
8:03 - The ghost question. I don't think I view this as Dan talking Phil out of Phil's genuine answer. "For real, just be - people on youtube, after all these years, they want some realness. You've had weird experiences. Do you, grown adult Phil Lester, believe in ghosts?" Dan's approach isn't I think you're wrong - it's Give us your real answer. I think this is more an indication that Dan and Phil have had this conversation a lot of times privately and that the conclusion Phil usually comes to is that it might be ghosts but he's not sure if he believes in them, but that Dan knew that Phil would give the answer that he thinks would be most entertaining to the audience as a first instinct - which would be the confirmation to say he believes in ghosts.
8:37 - When Phil answers unsure on his own for 'have you seen a ghost' Dan is super supportive and thanks him, presumably for being real and giving the honest answer.
9:06 - Mention of the place they almost rented where three murders happened in the bedroom. "That's a long story." "Another time." I'm holding you to that, boys.
10:13 - Phil believes the house he grew up is haunted; Dan already knows that it was a new build.
10:40 - Phil struggles with the moral question until Phil gives him a new perspective; Phil agrees that people that want to die deserve to (be able to) die.
11:04 - Phil goes to grab Dan's shoulder and then aborts the move but it's still super cute.
12:01 - Dan calls Phil out for trying to make Dan jump.
12:11 - "Shut up, you idiot."
13:14 - Starts the discussion of Phil's home invasion fear.
13:37 - Dan asks Phil if he wants to check and see if the door is unlocked, Phil declines and says he'll "trust the fear."
14:15 - Their neighbors don't know them and do hate them.
14:27 - Dan defends the fact that Phil can run fast. "You're a long boye."
14:40 - Phil says his method of conflict resolution is to cry.
14:57 - They both agree they actively avoid conflict. Therapist mention; Dan says he can negotiate other people's conflict well. (Which must come in handy for Phil.)
15:36 - With the Ferrish Wheel question, Phil says no one will be able to catch him because he's too heavy.
16:25 - The image won't speak, according to the game; I think Dan mouths 'it's going to move' where Phil can't see.
16:57 - Cannibal mention.
17:03 - Phil is jumpscared by the static; Dan very quietly says 'Are you okay?' to which Phil says no but keeps playing.
17:32 - Phil has done boxing and Muay Thai, Dan has done Taekwondo. I wonder if these were all during the personal trainer stuff? Dan did say that what they did with the trainer was 'varied exercises' so it sounds like maybe they just had a sampler of a bunch of things to see what worked best for them.
18:16 - The game shows their IP address; they blur it.
19:02 - Dan's "I'm a cute" response and Phil's having none of it - lmfao.
19:20 - Phil takes us through some breathing exercises and tries to jumpscare Dan.
20:32 - Phil is still a bit scared about the locked door.
20:39 - He's also unsure if he's having fun, looks to Dan for an answer.
21:38 - Windows feature update popup. (Dan is correct; the real horror is when Windows updates.)
22:08 - Screamer/jumpscare #1.
22:18 - Phil sounds so young when he says, "I didn't like that at all!"
22:27 - Screamer/jumpscare #2 and yeah I'm pretty sure Phil says "Fuck!" right before he pops Dan on the shoulder.
23:08 - Phil would be more afraid of a hammer than a knife because he feels like he could kick the knife away but a hammer is heavy and has swing to it.
23:29 - They opt not to do the bonus test. Dan needs a drink and for the game to shut up.
23:48 - Dan jumpscares Phil, Phil hits him in the shoulder again.
24:07 - Dan gives bisexual susan another shoutout.
24:13 - They both agree that the game was stressful because the fear of home invasion is actually real, and Dan says he would have been scared playing it if he were alone. Phil - despite being tense and afraid throughout the whole game - immediately starts thinking of ways he would have actually made it scarier if he were making the game, to improve it.