Dan vs. Phil - DRUMMING CHALLENGE! (20 November 2018)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm When it comes to Dan and Phil, I'm usually here for the bants, and I agree with others that this video had fewer than other gaming videos. However, I liked the game so much that I didn't mind. (The Kabuki minigame alone at [9:04] is incredible and makes me want to buy the game.) Plus, the bants we got were pretty darn good. Anyway, here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that Phil’s roots are back. Based on that and how similar Dan's hair also looks in this video, it seems that this video was probably filmed on the same day as the last gaming video.
  • [0:00] Dan sets the tone of this video perfectly by banging his sticks together very aggressively. Calm down, mate!
  • [0:04] The weird sexual vibe from the last gaming video has been carried over into this one, and I’m here for it:
    D: And we are thrilled, aroused, and pumped--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --for this video right here.
  • [0:37] I could not believe that Dan made this reference:
    D: It was, like, the most fun I’d ever had--
    P: It was so fun!
    D: --and I was like, yeah. ‘Cause forget “Phil is not on fire.” The drum game was the most fun I’d ever had.
    P: That was it.
  • [0:57] Dan pretends to tongue the drum accessory because why not, right? 😏
  • [2:15] I didn’t get the reference made here when I first watched the video, but my best guess (after some Googling) is that they’re referring to a restaurant chain called wagamama.
    P: I’m gonna be KATSU-chan.
    D: Katsu curry.
    P: Yeah.
    D: Fancy a wag’s later?
    P: We should wag' it up.
    D: There you go. That’s our plan.
    P: Yeah. Drum and then wag’.
    D: Couple of lads going to wag’.
  • [2:47] Phil seems completely, blissfully unaware of everything that Dan is insinuating here. Maybe Phil's just playing along, but maybe he's actually just that innocent. 😊
    D: I’m gonna do hard--
    P: I’m gonna go normal.
    D: --‘cause I’m hard, and Phil’s a normie. Confirmed.
    P: Hey.
    D: There you go.
    P: At least I’m not on easy. I’ve progressed from that since we got the game.
    D: Phil might be a normie, but he’s not easy.
    P: No.
    D: I’m hard, but I’m not extreme.
  • [7:46] Eh, then again, maybe Phil's not that innocent.
    D: I will have nightmares about whatever the hell that is.
    P: It wants to nibble on your--
    D: It’s, like, neighing.
    P: --nips.
  • [8:29] A cute moment. I approve.
    P: Drumming some rhythm into this brain.
    D: Phil is improving his intelligence with some brain harm.
    P: *taps Dan on the head with his stick*
  • [8:34] I’d like to know more.
    P: Kabuki.
    D: Kabuki.
    P: We went to see a kabuki show in real Japan.
    D: It was challenging.
    P: It was.
  • [10:19] Phil beats the computer, and Dan sticks his hand out for a handshake. Phil puts his stick out, and Dan takes it and starts shaking it. Then they both think it’s weird and stop, turning away from each other. Seems about right.
  • [12:18] Phil sticks the “Dan vs. Phil” sticker to Dan’s forehead. Phil lightly taps the sticker twice with the drum stick, and it falls off of Dan’s face. Phil taps a third time on Dan’s unprotected face, and Dan expresses a comedic level of betrayal. Dan claims this is “babuse.”
  • The merch links both point to danandphilshop.com, and I feel resigned. :|
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?