What if Dan and Phil were GODS? (26 November 2018)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

itasca00 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 pm I love the new video! And I agree with others that the game looks like a ton of fun (although I think I would want more beasts to stack). Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that this video looks different than other gaming videos in a variety of ways. The framing is different, the colors are different, there’s obviously that white desk/table in the shot, and the background is in focus. I wonder if they had to change lenses/cameras for this video.
  • [0:25] Phil says that “uggs” is Northern slang for “ears,” and Dan thinks that Phil is lying. I have not been able to confirm whether Phil's version is also correct, but my research does indicate that “lugs” appears to be a slang word for “ears” in Northern England and Scotland.
  • [0:55] Dan gives a kick with an associated “Bam!” to show off the DanAndPhilGAMES pajama bottoms, and I have to say that I think it was a very effective way to advertise this particular item of merch.
  • [3:12] Aww, this was almost sweet. 😏
    D: Turn on the Plinth of Life.
    P: Switch him on.
    D: You’re my Plinth of Life.
    P: Thanks.
    D: Just kidding. You don’t give me life. You drain it.
  • [3:25] The announcement of a Dan vs. Phil continues to devolve into utter nonsense. This might be my favorite one yet. :lol:
  • [4:35] Does Dan often have to tell Phil to keep his hands to himself? That's the only reason I can think of to explain why that was immediately where Phil's mind went...
    D: Phil, keep your hands still.
    P: I’ll keep them to myself.
    D: No having f--Well, firstly--
    P: You know what I mean.
    D: Firstly, keep 'em to yourself.
    P: Alright.
    D: Secondly, keep ‘em steady, man.
  • [4:54] Remember when Dan said that Phil was his Plinth of Life? That really gives this quote a whole new meaning, doesn't it?
    P: Yeah, you have to press their butt against the thing.
    D: Watch this. Watch this. I tap it to the plinth.
    P: Ooh.
    D: Ea--
    P: Sorry.
    D: What--
    P: I’m taking it seriously.
    D: No no no no no. No, I want you to explain what that noise was.
    P: I just imagine if I had an electrode in my butt and it got pressed against a plinth, it might feel a bit weird.
    D: There’s only one way to find out.
  • [6:13] Phil says that something you can do in the game is breed the animals, and he starts rubbing the bear and octopus together as Dan’s old sexy-end-screen-dance music plays very softly in the background. Dan objects to the octopus being bred, but everything else was fine by him.
  • [8:14] Phil tries to stack the warthog without tapping it to the plinth first, and the volcano god gets angry. Then Dan quips:
    D: That’s me when I haven’t eaten for ten minutes.
  • [9:08] In response to Dan stealing Phil’s warthog, Phil calls Dan “biatch.” :love1:
  • [10:09] I never thought there'd come a day when Dan would describe an ass as "fabulous," but here we are.
    D: Look at its fabulous feathery ass. It was meant to be in the sky.
  • [12:21] Remember when Dan called Phil a normie in the last gaming video? Yeah, me too.
    D: I don’t know what the hell you did with that octopus.
    P: Well--
    D: You--You fully Leaning Tower of Pisa’d me there.
    P: Me and something with tentacles: We just connected in a way that I didn’t think we would.
    D: And with that one utterance, Phil ruined the genre--
    P: Look.
    D: --of Jenga and world religion at the same time. Okay.
  • [12:41] As he said the quote below, Dan danced his leg around a bit. Much like the kick earlier, I think this was a highly effective way to market the pajama bottoms.
    D: Funeral up top, party from the waist down.
  • There are three links that point to danandphilshop.com in the video description, but I’m okay with this as long as the combined festive shop is in place (and the other shops haven't been updated with the new merch).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."