THE DALIEN EPISODE - Dan and Phil Play: Sims 4 #60 (21 December 2018)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm Okay, Day 2 of Dilmas. I got to watch this one in an airport, which is why this post is a day late. Unlike some other videos of The Sims, I was never bored watching this video, but I don’t think it was anything exceptional. Still, I feel like I have to try to savor every moment! Here are my highlights:
  • [0:00] Yet again, Dan’s starting the video off right with some cute alien noises. :love1:
  • [1:05] This was a stretch, Phil.
    D: Look at that. It’s just the two grey parents--
    P: Two grey parents--
    D: --a pink dog, and a--
    P: --and a--
    D: --an angsty alien teen.
    P: --big D. He’s got bigger.
    D: *grimaces* D for delete.
  • [1:59] Dan and Phil say that the thing that immediately happens after an older sibling moves out is the younger sibling taking over the older sibling’s bigger room. I was wondering if this applied to Dan and Phil’s lives, then Phil says he “bagsied” the bigger room when he was a child, implying that there was no need for him to change rooms when Martyn moved out.
  • [2:55] Dil starts destroying one of the snowpals. This is Phil’s observation:
    P: This is brutal! Straight in the balls!
  • [5:09] This back-and-forth perplexes me.
    D: What does shoveling snow mean?
    P: I don’t know.
    D: Isn’t that, like, getting it out of your driveway?
  • [5:40] What are you implying, Dan?
    P: I think that should be Dalien’s bed now.
    D: A teenager with a single bed?
    P: Yeah.
    D: If you’re gonna be a teenager with a single bed, it better be called “The Eminence”--
    P: It will be.
    D: --have a five star rating, and look like a space pod.
  • [6:33] Dan rolls his eyes. I like it.
  • [7:43] Interesting insight into Dan’s younger self:
    P: Any spiderwebs is totally emo.
    D: Yes, exact--So green spiderwebs.
    P: Yes!
    D: There we go. Yes!
    P: Amazing!
    D: That’s like, “I’m 14, and this is style!” Okay. No offense. I’m just talking about myself.
  • [9:41] Dan imitates Nuki in the most attractive way possible. :lol:
  • [9:59] Sometimes I wonder if Dan actually still does this.
    P: Oh, he’s glowing with blue.
    D: Same, honestly. Wow.
    P: He needs to do a face-down lie on the floor like you, Dan.
  • [10:15] “Choke us to death.” Right.
    D: And oh, my God! Pause!
    P: What?
    D: People are gonna choke us to death.
    P: Why?
    D: How long has this video been? It’s been, like, several minutes so far. HIs mum sent us a frickin’ letter in the--I am so sorry we forgot about that. Right.
  • [10:59] Dan repositions himself in his chair and rubs shoulders with Phil in the process. :love1:
  • [11:32] Dan and Phil both stick their tongues out. It’s very cute.
  • [16:00] Dan and Phil both agree that there should be an alien of each color in their club.
  • [16:09] Black hair and glasses...yep, looks like Phil!
    D: Which of these three strange adult men looks the least creepy?
    P: I think Derrick looks the friendliest.
    D: He’s got gla--He looks like you!
    P: I know! That’s why.
    D: That’s literally you.
  • [16:35] Dan wants us all to know that Phil would love to be probed by an alien. :lol:
    D: We have to all be aliens and WooHoo.
    P: You can make a s--alien sex club?
    D: Oh, it’s one of those clubs. You can make a Woo--And unlike grilled cheese, Phil would join that.
  • [17:28] Again, I can’t help but wonder if this applied to Dan and Phil’s real lives at some point.
    D: We hate viewing art ‘cause that’s what my lame older brother does.
  • [18:34] Thank you, Dan! I wish my friends knew this cold, hard, objective fact.
    D: Or the Discotheque Pan Europa.
    P: Maybe.
    D: No, you can’t have a conversation in a club.
  • [19:18] Dan and Phil read out some club handshake options. While they’re doing so, they also imitate some of them. It is excellent content.
  • [22:00] Dalien and Derrick do a secret alien handshake. Afterward, Dan and Phil imitate a portion of it by touching fingers. It is, once again, excellent content.
  • [22:44] Phil notices an option to “Scare With Probe,” and Dan is upset by this option. At [22:57], we get to see Dan and Phil’s reaction to “Scare With Probe” in action:
    P: Oh!
    D: Oh, my God! I just got whisked. Oh, d--Oh--Oh, my--Du--d--d--It’s a duck. Really frickin’ Sims?
    P: I did not know that was a thing.
    D: Is that was they did--Is that how Dil got pregnant?
    P: Stuck--
    D: Is that how Dalien got made?
    P: Got the duck straight in there.
    D: Frickin’--Wow, he got quacked in the crack.
  • [23:48] Life advice from Dan:
    P: He’s going as an alien?
    D: Look.
    P: Is that an issue?
    D: He’s living his truth. You cannot introduce yourself t--to people as somebody you’re not. You have to show them who you are--
    P: Okay.
    D: --and then if they love you, then that’s how it works.
    P: Sure.
  • [24:33] Interesting trivia about Dan and Phil:
    P: Would you have the power to read people’s minds if you could have it?
    D: Um, no.
    P: I think it’s very dangerous.
    D: I--I don’t wanna know what kind of creepy crap you’re all imagining.
  • [28:13] Dan and Phil play with Drago:
    P: I wonder if he’ll open his eyes.
    D: If that happened, I would literally just poo on you right now.
  • [28:22] Drago opens his eyes. Dan is fully jumpscared. :D This moment was a wonderful early Christmas present.
  • There is only one set of social media links this time, which is a relief. Individual merch links point to shop.danielhowell.com and amazingphilshop.com. I find this questionable while the combined shop is in operation, but I won’t complain.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?