THE DISASTER ARTISTS - Dan vs. Phil: 90 Second Portraits! (24 Aug 2017)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

art in avatar by lily
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

0.03 to 0.42 - Phil feels REALLY strongly about Dan's orange top, which isn't even that bright (i'd call it more of an intense pastel?) which i find slightly odd. but i enjoy passion from Phil, lol.
1.12 - both are competitive about their visual art skills, even though highschool was approximately 400 years ago for both. (i say this fondly as someone Phil's age)
1.55 - they would know about waiting, since a fan caught them getting their couple portrait taken on a boardwalk in the U.S. last year
2.10 - Dan 'service' innuendo
2.30 - Dan gets Phil back for not knowing how to pronounce 'copacetic' the other week. Phil is indignant at 'reticule' being a word. Dan sort of agrees through his tone that it's pompous, so interesting to compare their behaviour when correcting one another.
2.45 to 12.50 - they mostly heckle each other in equal amounts, Phil is particularly funny, but Dan does his thing where he starts to give Phil tips and then says 'i don't know why i'm helping you', as if he can't stop himself. Dan has an interesting relationship with competitiveness. Phil then does it himself which is rarer, at 10.42. they were feeling smooshy today i think.
10.08 - Dan: 'get your hand out of the way of the screen!' i don't know why but this delivery cracked me up.
11.40 - Phil is pissed that the game judged him unfairly, Dan backs him up.
11.54 ...but then Dan says he did a better job on something and Phil mocks the word 'skyline' hilariously and Dan joins in.
12.30 - Phil: 'that looks like i drew you!' big laughs.
12.44 - Phil praises Dan's shading.
12.51 - Basic Maths With Dan and Phil
13.28 - Phil tries to headbutt Dan's arm, fails. cuuuute.
14.20 - Phil 'i can feel it in my bone'. was this deliberate? i honestly can't tell. but omg lol at Dan with the effortless pull-back. just go with the erection joke, guys, we know you want to.
14.36 to 14.42 - something about this editing makes me compare it to the last time Dan pushed the board down on Phil's face at the end of a gaming vid. it's not just the same playful joke, it's the...lack of jump cuts maybe? Dan is once again shown doing the action, and then the bashful smile afterwards as he moves away, and some semi-awkward silence. the first time obviously had a longer, flirtier, more unedited section, but this gives me the same vibes. and again with Dan showing he's awkward when he has to do the promo end screen outro on his own with minimal bounce-off from Phil. i like it, it's endearing. i wonder who edited this one.

for comparison:

(11.25 - 11.47)

Maybe the similarities are a result of the mood at the time? they were quite sweet with one another and relaxed (and with the viewers? i guess is the more important aspect) during Gamingmas, and again lately i feel that. hmm.
art in avatar by lily